Reviews for By Some Evil Spell
LisaG16 chapter 12 . 9/1/2010
BRAVO! A most excellent story! I loved all the interactions with Estel and his brothers, Elrond and Legolas. You had him express so much of what I always believe poor Aragorn felt being a human raised in Rivendell and locked into a difficult future full of great responsibility. Yet with friends, family and the love of Arwen, he can only succeed. :)
LisaG16 chapter 4 . 8/30/2010
This is breaking my heart! *sniff!* Aragorn is so incredibly depressed and overwhelmed with his responsibilities and the affects of his life and actions on his loved ones...heck on all of Middle Earth. It's too much of a burden for just one man.
Houtori chapter 12 . 8/24/2006
... Why are there double-postings of the epilogue?

Anyway, yes, I'm not shy to admit that I came close to tears again (sniffs and wipes eyes). Honestly, there's just something about your stories that inspire tears, well from me anyway. Please keep up the good work!
Fanfic Fish chapter 1 . 12/21/2005
Oh I love it . . . it's now going to be placed in my favorite story section!
Thorongirl chapter 12 . 4/22/2005
I read this entire story today. Your writing is very moving. Such pathos and emotion! Peter Jackson's portrayal of Aragorn gives us a feeling of a man at once strong, yet vulnerable. You've captured that same feeling very well in each of your stories. I absolutely loved this. I did read your short fic, too, but wondering if you will ever do a full-fledged sequel to these first two longer stories. I wouldn't mind if you sent me an e-mail or posted a response here. At any rate, a wonderful and brilliantly executed story.
NycteaScandiaca chapter 11 . 10/7/2004
Once again a great story. I really enjoyed it. Please write a sequel to this one!
boppy chapter 12 . 6/13/2004
These (the prequel and this)are fantastic stories and you are an amazing author. Keep writing!
marbienl chapter 11 . 5/2/2004
Ai – indeed terribly that Estel will ever be wary though he loves Elrond and his home.
~
And Elrond actually still disapproving of their relationship – the stress Estel endures because of this… well, actually he didn’t endure it seeing as he blacked out, but still – how to trust one you love after they have stabbed you in the back?
~
#Estel had sought to deny himself love just to please Elrond.#
Aww, that’s just *so* sad… :’(
~
Ahah... so there was a creature complicating things? Ah well, I'm glad that in the end, Elrond and Estel get along with each other again and that Elladan does so as well. That elf really has a thing for guilt, doesn't he?
~
bye for now and hugs, marbienl
Kathleen LaCorneille chapter 12 . 2/17/2004
Hello! I just finished your story and It's very good. So, I wish you will write a sequel! Estel is my favorite character and more I can read story about him, more I am happy! Tanks for "By Some Evil Spell"! v
PS : If my review have spelling error, forgive me, but English is not my first language...
Sue chapter 11 . 1/4/2004
First, I must apologize for taking so long to finish "By Some Evil Spell." It was wonderful and as always very well written. I must say I am intrigued by whatever Gandalf has in store for Estel and possibly Legolas, though I cannot say I was surprised by this outcome especially after reading the following information from your next to last chapter.
**I am saying that we must prepare ourselves for the possibility that Sauron might know who and where Estel is. Even if he is not yet certain, we must assume that he knows more than he did before. Other servants will be sent to ascertain the whereabouts and identity of Isildur's heir." ( I must say you've opened up for yourself and your readers an excellent direction in which to carry on with your story. )
This was truly an enjoyable and angsty tale especially for those of us who just live for Aragorn angst. Your dialogue between the characters flowed so well. A few of my favorite lines from the later chapters were:
** is a cruel twist that in bringing hope to others, there is none left for you. I promise you, Estel. I swear to you that you will not face your destiny alone. I will be with you, and I will not abandon you, even unto death." (I particularly loved these lines portraying Legolas' devotion to Estel.)
**When the child began to wail for his mother, Elladan had felt a common bond at once. Since that day, he had done everything in his power to comfort and guide the child, taking his role as older brother very much to heart. (These lines were so touching and enlightening for me, since I had not considered that the two shared a similar tragic past experience.)
Once again, wonderful story, Elizabeth! You should be proud of your efforts! :) I believe you've written another short story which I have yet the pleasure to read. I hope to get to it soon, and I am looking forward to the sequel to this one. I will definitely be keeping an eye out for it.
Sue
Jadesaber chapter 11 . 12/28/2003
That was a good story. I liked it a lot. I've read the other LOTR stories you've written and they were good to. I hope you do more like this. One question about this one though, did you know that you have the epilogue posted twice? Both for chapter 11 and chapter 12? Just thought I should let you know about that. Anyway, great job with this story and keep up the good work!
leggylover03 chapter 11 . 10/30/2003
Aw cries loves this story hurry and begin again where you left off please
Alex mistress squirrel chapter 12 . 10/29/2003
ya!fantastic...hope you'll tell me when the next story is
grumpy chapter 12 . 10/29/2003
hi there, great chapter 12, loved the part about Legoals mothering Estel, he is a good friend, Elrond and the twins are too, Can't wait to see what Gandalf has in store!
tychen chapter 12 . 10/29/2003
Have really enjoyed both your LOTR love the raport between Estel and another for the read!