Reviews for Legacy
JavaPoodle chapter 1 . 8/18/2007
Sad, but beautiful. I don't know what else to was really good!
JW9 chapter 1 . 6/8/2004
oh wow! I like this!

Can you write a story maybe when luke was alive raising lee?

it was so good.

KEL-71E chapter 1 . 3/14/2004
i loved this...usually I wouldnt even bother reading something involving character death but your summary amused me "slight character death" hehehe just a bit of an oxymoron lol. ANYWAY, i loved this so much it was really well done. :)
Lucie chapter 1 . 8/16/2003
Oh made me bawl! But you know LOTS of stuff does that. There were a few less spaces in one paragraph so I couldn't read it all too well, but I loved it! Lovely job! Write more!
Colleen chapter 1 . 8/12/2003
Wow! That is REALLY original. REALLY REALLY original. I would have never thought of that as an idea.

Okay, enough on the originallity of the story. Here's my opinion:

I thought the idea was great. I also thought the tone had the appropriette amount of corniness(except the end, but I'll come back to that). I alos thought the irony of him being about to tell Lorelai that he loves her and then droping dead is really well placed and realistic.

Okay,as for the narration, I think it sounded a bit too girly. I almost thought the kid was a girl until you mentioned that it was a him. Also the ending rhyme at the end seemed too corny, and it was too reminisent of Dr. Seuss' The Lorax. Not to say that the Lorax isn't great, but everything has a time and a place.

Another thing that I was a little surprised at was that the kid was only 12 and he was falling in love with Lola. To me that doesn't seem really realistic. When I think of a 12 year old boy, I don't think of a lovesick kid who knows already who he wants to be with. I think of a kid who's voice is cracking and he's a little more focused on ther things.

Anyway, I just mean to say, I think it'd be great if the son was like 16 or older.

Okay, so I think that's it. Please don't be mad that I had so much critisism, nut I hope it's all helpful in your writing. I don't mean to say I think you're a bad writer. Cuz if you were I wouldn't bother to review. I can't wait to read your next story.

WOW! I wrote a lot!
Luke Rules chapter 1 . 8/12/2003
Oh Loren, I'm in tears! What a sweet story! Of course, I will not accept Luke dying in any way (since Luke Rules), but wow, that was great!
Bridget chapter 1 . 8/11/2003
So so so sad. But, the irony is cool. The way Luke loved Lorelai, Jess loved Rory, and now Lee loves Lola. Its so sweet. Great Story.
Coolio02 chapter 1 . 8/11/2003
Good job:)
Dancing Nancies41 chapter 1 . 8/11/2003
This was really good, a very original story line.
someone5 chapter 1 . 8/10/2003
This was SO good! It was incredibly sad, yet incredibly funny all at once. The son of Luke and the daughter of Lorelai pining for each other - Oh, the bittersweet irony. And, for some odd reason, 'Uncle Jess' makes me laugh. The idea of him raising a kid is a good one too.

In your summary, you said 'Slight Character Death'. How can someone be 'slightly' dead?- lol.

Great pov, great motif, great story.

ebstarr chapter 1 . 8/10/2003
Ok, my reviews for this story keep getting eaten. Can I say how much of a believable GG character Lee is? He sounds like he drinks twice as much coffee as Lorelai. I don't normally like future fics or death fics, but I did like this one. (I usually shy away from those genres, but I was curious to know what "slight" character death could mean, lol.)
Lisa T chapter 1 . 8/10/2003
Nice story :) I love the message it portrayed. Keep up the good work :)
Trish chapter 1 . 8/9/2003
WHOA! Girl, that was great!

Really really amazing! I LOVE IT!

Wonderfully written, and with so many funny quotes, but so sad all the same. :( Wonderful job!