Reviews for Ceberus
Name On The Spine chapter 3 . 8/24/2009
Is it just me, or is this Jolliet?

Ingenious, I think. It's sort of ellusive . . . I really like it. I'm not completely sure I get ALL of, but some parts I understand. Many of them make me want to cry, but I do get them. Awesome job, in my unimportant opinion.
Dim Aldebaran chapter 3 . 2/7/2006
Ooh... now, *strictly* speaking, the mythology wasn't accurate, but I don't really care. Bloody brilliant. My fav was definitely the last - it fitted Holly very well, thinking Good always triumphants, being a bit idealistic, etc. I can't think of any nymphs that are actually like that, but as a whole you've got it. 'Cerberus' was outstanding, not for good!Artemis but for evil!Artemis... some of the stuff between Cerberus and Hades was absolutely perfect, like when Cerberus whines for attention but Hades ignores him...

'Sphinx' bugged me a bit. It... didn't seem Juliet too me. It's like you tried to link sphinx!Juliet with canon!Juliet but the bridge is a bit too spindly.

I feel a bit cheated that you didn't extend the metaphor to other denizens of Hades, like Persephone, Nemesis, Tantalus, the imprisoned Titans, etc. ARGH. I sorta wish I had gotten you for the Remix Redux challenge, then I could play with this all I want.

Great work, brilliant like all your stuff. Not much else to say, really.

Oh: Who *did* you get for the Redux Remix challenge thingy? I got The Humble Mosquito.
Eve chapter 1 . 1/13/2004
Like the story so far!Please continue!
*Sorry, but did you spell the title wrong?I think it's Cerberus.*
Otherwise,keep going!Your a very good author!
slime frog chapter 3 . 11/6/2003
*sigh* *glare* Oh Blue, why are you so good?
elfin emerald chapter 3 . 11/1/2003
is the nymph sposta be Hols?
QueenTigris chapter 3 . 11/1/2003
A new chapter! I've been waiting for this one; and it's marvelous. You further explained the Sphinx, and the Nymph you did wonderfully. I don't think you explained the Nymph as clearly and as thoroughly as the others; but I still get the idea, and it's still fantastic.

Can't wait for your next installment!

Chow,

QueenTigris
scarletswitchblade chapter 3 . 11/1/2003
Best yet. I like the nympk but who does she symbolise? a job very well done
QueenTigris chapter 2 . 10/17/2003
*claps* A masterpiece! I love it. The way you portray this side of Juliet and Butler is magnificent; really makes one truly look at how they live their lives, why, and how they feel about it. It depicts their inner feelings very well.

I assume the Nymph is Holly? I can't wait.

Chow,

Kitty
Lyona of Tartarus chapter 2 . 10/17/2003
Oh good.. it's comprehensible to me now. Haven't visited in a while, but now that I'm here, I'm rather glad that I've come. As usual, it's a beautiful piece of work, although (if I've interpreted correctly) I don't think that Juliet would qualify as a clever-behind-a-mask-of-stupidity.. No one's _that_ good at pretending.
slime frog chapter 2 . 10/17/2003
*hugs yeti* oh, Blue. you're so wonderful! though, technically, I didn't read this here... I read it on your website (very cool, by the way...) about a week ago. but is very beautiful anyway. *squeak* the Nymph doesn't, not yet. *waves little H/J banners* yeah, I was listening to the new Dido album and was suddenly assulted by at least thre songs fics I have to do... and one of them could have been A/H, but now I think about it... H/J would be so much better... ahem. sorry. didn't mean to ramble pointlessly and annoyingly. *glare* you'd better hope, missy, that by the time I get to death, that third chapter does exist... ;)
scarletswitchblade chapter 2 . 10/16/2003
even better than Cerebrus. very deep. Who is Thebes? Who is the Nymph? Artemis? Holly?
slime frog chapter 1 . 8/28/2003
*glare* why are you so good? eh? well, missy, why? I think you can probably guess the review will be positive... very good. an interesting perspective on the whole Artemis/Butler relationship. now GO TO THE PUBLISHERS!
Lyona of Tartarus chapter 1 . 8/25/2003
I'm really going to have to go through all of your stories and review every single one of them that's in the Artemis Fowl section. I've read your stories before, when I was a ghost and not an author, but now, of course, I can voice my thoughts. Properly.

I'm not sure I understood Cerberus completely, but I can see the things that Cerberus and Butler had in common, although I don't really think that Artemis could be likened much to a Hades (mostly because the story of Persephone is playing havoc with my mind again). Then again, you were focusing on Butler, and it _is_ abstract.

My only question is, who is the Sphinx? I was never much good at abstraction..
Lady Game chapter 1 . 8/15/2003
What the...?

I thougt you *liked* Butler? But that doesn't stop him from being servile, does it? Is that even a word?

And hang on... Aqua? Maybe I'll just let that go...

That was actually really cool, but surprisingly short. And I don't recon I got who was who. But I might have...

Anyway, good work. I liked that too. (as if you need my aproval)*grin*

*Lady*
Nuyaviel chapter 1 . 8/15/2003
i've been told that writers only acquire a distinct style of writing when they're past their teens, past their twenties, and have gained age and experience.

you just disproved that statement.

you've got an almost poetic style, and while it's not perfect, you've got your entire life to develop and improve your style. you're good.

keep writing!_

(i love the line "Cerebrus cried, his whines almost a song in itself.)

(i think it was brilliant to link greek mythology to Artemis Fowl, using the former as a metaphor for the latter)