Reviews for Rebellion
Nelja chapter 1 . 9/9/2004
Very interesting interpretation.

And I love how you give a life to Anaire. Though she is against Fingon loving Maedhros, I find her majestuous and lovable.
Blume chapter 1 . 1/18/2004
*gasp* wicked Feanor! O.O!
But then again I guess he was just doing it for his son's happiness-
...Oh, I love how that sounds! _!
Ithilwen of Himring chapter 1 . 8/13/2003
Your Fingon is marvellous, as always! And I can certainly see this as a plausible motivation for rebellion. Are you sure this isn't a lost chapter of "A Very Fire"? ;-)
emeldir chapter 1 . 8/13/2003
I love the characterisation. I hardly ever see someone writing Anaire, and her being a loremaster somehow seems.. appropriate?

And that last line is quite chilling.
Suzine chapter 1 . 8/12/2003
Bloody brilliant. Great motivations, so much is hinted and debated, and in the end Fingon stays true to himself.

And the ending, with Feanor watching- it made me wonder if I ought to be creeped or happy that he accepts their union...jury's still out on that one.

All in all- good story.
Finch chapter 1 . 8/12/2003
There's that wonderful touch again, a perfect balance between saying things and leaving them unsaid. Fingon as a rebel with a cause is great. And he is the one without the second thoughts, for good or for ill. I also liked Anaire as a keeper of sacred lore. After all, she's got the word 'holy' in her name. Still, I'm on Fingon's side. I doubt the abilities of a spiritual 'race' wearing their bodies like garments to make judgments regarding such obviously physical matters as love, marriage and childbearing.

Feanor's smile, finally, remains ambiguous - it's not just approval of his son's relationship with another male, of that I'm sure. The idea that he watches people with his palantir is scary, but he would. He's endlessly intriguing.
erunyauve chapter 1 . 8/11/2003
I really liked this interpretation of Fingon's 'seduction' by Feanor, and in that little bit on the street corner I get a better sense of the discontent of the Noldor.

Anaire's explanation of marriage having the purpose of children is rather interesting. Elves stopped bearing children after a certain period (fortunately - otherwise, neither Aman nor Middle-Earth could support the burgeoning population of immortals) - yet they remained bound until Arda would be remade. In this way, Finwe, who above all wished to remarry so that he could have more children, puts this theory to the test.
JastaElf chapter 1 . 8/11/2003
What a neat, tight, beautifully crafted, and twisty tale this is! I love seeing this sort of situation through your eyes, and I shivered at that ending line:

"Far away, Feanor watched them in his seeing-stone, and smiled."

OMG, if we only knew what our kids were up to, who they were listening to, what they were thinking... (shudder!)

AbSILutely brilliant, I loved it, thank you so much!