Reviews for Merciful Oblivion
gemi chapter 1 . 4/11/2005
Wonderful twist! Too bad i'll be strangled if I laugh any more..._thanks for making my day
1122334455 chapter 1 . 1/4/2005
hehehe great!
Hawynn chapter 1 . 10/30/2004
OMG! I almost died laughing and now my roommate thinks I'm nuts. I've always thought that Tom was a Valar in disguise,but never like this. Keep writing.
Miss Breeziness chapter 1 . 2/23/2004
Loved it...Hilarious! I laughed my head off...
Now you owe me a new head! Hahahaha...
Raiden-sama chapter 1 . 12/27/2003
At last, the origins of Tom Bombadil are revealed! _ WONDERFUL story. It's actually lots of fun imagining the mighty Valar as a gang of half-serious goof-offs who complain much of the time. 10 out of 10. _
alena chapter 1 . 8/26/2003
*adores it, especially for the Námo/Vairë yumminess, and most especially for the dozing cat expression on Námo's nobly handsome face*

You've captured ol' Tom extremely well! And the scary thing is, the more I think about it, the more eminently and totally plausible this becomes...

"The Evil One complained bitterly that he had as much right as any of the others, as he had received singing cards from Bombadillo"

*snickers madly*
dauntless-hurin chapter 1 . 8/25/2003
Joy! I do pity those poor elves left in Middle-earth though, Melkor would be the least of there problems!

Absolutly, and completetly hilarious!
Tina chapter 1 . 8/21/2003
Oh dear, that is one of the most hilarious things I've read in a while. Truly inspired hilarity. Almost cried laughing. Must go read your other stories. Keep up the good work.
Tindomiel chapter 1 . 8/13/2003
by the gods, this is sheer and utter genius.

I was choking with laughter when i read this (wchich was hard, since i was eating pasta at the same time).

God this story is hilarious, and yet actually plausible!
Jen Littlebottom chapter 1 . 8/13/2003
*dies laughing*

Bemused dolphins! Oh, wonderful.
emeldir chapter 1 . 8/13/2003
Oh this is extremely good. The humour, the crackling wit... and the fact that it's a really good answer to all those questions we had about Bombadil being the Eldest and what not!

I do believe he'd have been called something else in Aman, though. The Elves called him Iarwain or something of the sort.
Kyalia has a profile chapter 1 . 8/12/2003
I like- very funny.
Sothis Simbelmyne chapter 1 . 8/12/2003
harharhar. Very "humane" way of showing the Valar. And Provided a "rather" believable answer to the enigma of Bombadil's origins. Good work!
Nemis chapter 1 . 8/12/2003

This went right into my canon you know. ;)

Also, I'm beginning to suspect you live to torture Elrond and whichever Vala you can get your hands on, meanwhile. :D