Reviews for Reflected Past
Malvado Cepriani chapter 10 . 11/9/2005
I dont have much to say really. Just thought I'd let ya know that I am greatly enjoying it so far, and look forward to your future fics after I finish it :)
Peacewish chapter 21 . 10/26/2005
Well, it's one in the morning and I've completed your damn story in one straight shot. I take my midnight bedtime very seriously, especially when I've got school at ungodly o'clock the next morning, so I hope you're happy. Now I can't wait to read your sequel, but that will have to wait.

What a creative, well-written story. I love Sessy-centered stories but it's so hard to find a good one; his complex character is what makes him so great but it's proved difficult for fanfic writers to grasp. And the well-developed plot linking him and his father to Midoriko, then tying in Rin, was fabulous. It was almost like reading two separate stories, each half was so distinct, but the common themes drawing it all together made it seamless. IY's and Sessy's constant bickering was hysterical, as it always should be. I live for their verbal sparring - cuz we all know they really care deep down. After the initial introduction of Sessy in the series, who would have ever thought they'd be sharing a Thanksgiving dinner with the kiddies?

Off to bed now. Thanks for making my thoroughly rotten Wednesday a little better.
Peacewish chapter 15 . 10/26/2005
Fluffy lump of evil? Are you trying to make me collapse with laughter?
Peacewish chapter 13 . 10/26/2005
A complex set of original characters hovering in the background: sign of a good and healthy story. I'm still getting used to this new and independent Rin, but that doesn't mean I dislike it. I've read some stories that paint Rin so ridiculously servile she's groveling at his feet every morning. It gets a little annoying.

I'm a big Sess/Rin fan. I don't know if I mentioned that earlier. So even though it was not fated to be for him and Midoriko, I do hope there will be love between him and 'his little girl'. I read and wait.
Peacewish chapter 9 . 10/26/2005
Wow! That was a fast 300 years indeed. Something of a blur compared to the pace of most of the fic, but I think I've got an idea of this story's symmetry now and can't wait to read the second half.
Peacewish chapter 5 . 10/26/2005
The idea of a Sesshoumaru/Midoriko romance seemed absurd, but you're a good enough writer that you're actually making it work. It's pleasantly refreshing to read a story that does a good job with Sess' overly complex character, and I eagerly plunge onward to see how you will tie in this prequel to his future with Rin.
Denisa chapter 15 . 10/24/2005
Hello!It's been a you checked up the site?Please send me an net doesen't work but I need you to send me an e-mail Thanks
Tank chapter 4 . 8/31/2005
I'm sure this fic is very well-written, judging from what I've read so far... but I find it hard to continue. For one thing Midoriko IS a miko in the manga, and I find it hard to believe Sesshoumaru had a human who impacted positively in his life prior to Rin-in other words, this smells like a Mary Sue, despite Midoriko being a canon-based character. At first, it seemed ass if you had Sesshoumaru's past character down pat-he IS a cold-blooded killing dog demon who would kill his own father if it meant getting stronger-but then you had to let him be beaten by a Mere Human! who hadn't even learnt to use a sword before, and isn't even a miko or youkai exterminator by trade... and let her Live! to tell the tale. And the pranking! And the Gofering! There are too many unbelieveable incidents to list, and so I'm sorry to say, despite the excellent writing style, I cannot bear to continue reading. Maybe I'll give its sequel a try-I'm sure Midoriko is dead by then.
Karite chapter 21 . 8/9/2005
That was a really, really goog story. I really adore it. I love the way you write and how you had created Midoriko. Anyway, this was a great story, I will have like to review earlier, but I just found you story. I hope you will do other story as good as this one. I will read your sequel that seems also wonderful. Thanks for the entertainment, that was great!

Karite
eirisi chapter 21 . 8/6/2005
its been a lovely story, and i like how u have... i dunno, portrayed? sesshoumaru in this fic. i think sesshoumaru rocks, cause he is kinda neither good nor evil, a change from the whole either on the good or evil side thingy. romance aint exactly sumthing i like reading, but the way u put it in this fic allows me not to mind it. great to see midoriko finally at rest, excellent to see ashrem get what he deserves. ur a great author. keep up the good work :D

I dun have a fanfiction acc, so i have favourited u in my own way
Snjezana chapter 21 . 8/2/2005
hey read tihs story it is absolutely great. i liked it a lot. nice job :)
Never Ending Illusions chapter 21 . 7/2/2005
Wow! excellent! I couldn't have done this type of story better myself!
Nesterzarsus chapter 2 . 5/18/2005
sweet
DPM chapter 21 . 5/16/2005
(YEAAH! Sess/Rin pairing is the only worthwhile couple see evident from this series. Their relationship was so restrained and yet we can't doubt the sincerity or the faith they have in each other. I am glad your story modeled this creative fantasy well).

I happened to stumble across this story and was truly hooked from the 1st word. What a fabulous writer you are. I was enthralled/spellbounded. Do you realize that I am writing this at 4am.? Just couldn't tear myself away from the computer screen. You are obviously so talented that I don't need to stroke that ego much more. (it is apparent that other readers feel the same way about this story).

The fluidity of the chapters and descriptives used were so powerful...I love the background on Sess when he was a young demon lord and fighting side by side with his father. I also like that you kept in completely in character. How you have him dissect his feelings and emotions for Rin and Midoriko was truly riveting. Such powerful vocabulary usage and technically and grammatically, it was flawless.

I was a little disappointed that the ending was slightly abrupt (I was hoping for a little more on heart-wrenching confessions from Rin and especially from Sess...but that would make it too facetious about him)...Therefore, I bow to your great judgment in knowing when and how much is the right amount to portray a point of view)...

I am so looking forward to your next story. Remember, you can bend Sess a little bit but DON'T do it too much where he becomes predictable and boring. THAT is a major part of his appeal as a character of a strong, aloof-but-emotion-run-deep type of guy.
Chri chapter 21 . 2/10/2005
Hi InuOtaku!

I've half-heartedly started reading this story some time ago, but was quickly drawn in by your interesting plot. Now I feel a bit bad for reading the whole thing without leaving any reviews, but one at the end will have to do.

First, I want to compliment you for writing an "Action/Adventure" that stays true to the Genre but still doesn't lack depth and plot. At least in my opinion, a lot of writers have problems with that. The story was always progressing at an interesting pace and there were a lot of fights, but they didn't distract from the plot.

I think what I liked most was your characterization. First, I liked your OCs. They were introduced well (not force-fed) and easily destinguishable. Kameko, Inutaisho and Midoriko were enjoyable, believable characters and I was interested in what would happen to them. Especially Midoriko doesn't have to hide behind the canon characters.

I also liked how you handled Sesshoumaru and Rin. In some stories it practically like the guy's assaulting his (step)daughter. You spent enough time to introduce the older Rin to us and also on the gap that had grown between her and Sesshoumaru. Some parts were a bit Sesshoumaru-worshipping, I think, but at least well hidden and not very often. Also, to make up for it, there were some parts that also showed the negative sides of him.

Your main villain was also better than many others. He had more motivation to act than "I'm so very evil." In some parts I really started to dislike him, while in others I could almost understand why he acted like he did.

Last but not least, you also have a sure instinct when it comes to interaction between Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru. I really liked how you slowly reduced the hostility between those two, but never to a point where they would really have gotten along.

One thing I found a bit weird is the epilouge. It seems rather disconnected from the actual story, also since your next fic supposedly picks up where "Reflected Past" left off. Wouldn't it better fit as a chapter somewhere in "War's Shadow"?

Anyway, the showdown of your story was also fitting for an epic fic like this one, the idea Ashrem had was really good. (Who'd ever have thought of Rin ending as Shikon no Tama?) The way they finally got him was well thought-out, too. Nice combo of Kagome, Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru. :)

Finally, thanks for writing this story and also for completing it! Must have been a lot of work. I'm pretty sure that I'll read your next story as well and hope that it will be as entertaining as this one. Or even more so, LOL. :)

Have fun writing!