Reviews for Drink Up Me Hearties
Solitaire's Mornie chapter 9 . 9/5/2006
your take on jack's step into piracy is interesting, but i'm sorry to say inaccurate! what i read on wikepidia is he used to work for the east india trading company and his name was jack smith. the only thing he wouldn't transport was slaves and since beckett wanted slaves and jack wouldn't do it, he was branded a pirate, changed his name to sparrow, and took up piracy. but i do think your works just marvelously fine!
Solitaire's Mornie chapter 8 . 9/5/2006
what an interesting way to lose an eye.
Solitaire's Mornie chapter 5 . 9/5/2006
i love your interpretation of the pre-stories so far.
Solitaire's Mornie chapter 1 . 9/5/2006
*giggle* i think you got all the characters down perfectly. off to read more.
morph chapter 11 . 8/6/2006
Fantastic fic. Each and every character seemed to be in character, so far as I could tell. I loved the 15 year old Jack. That story behind his name and how he became a pirate was perfect, as were all the others. Well done, mate!
The Phantom chapter 11 . 4/29/2004
All right, I've reviewed every chapter indivudually, and now here's my big, blanket review for all of them as a whole.
One, I definitely commend you for finding a different voice for every character. Every chapter had a unique, individual feel to it that set it apart from the rest, which is vital in a series of vignettes like this. Well done.
Second, marvelous use of foreshadowing in every chapter. That had to be my favorite part of reading this, just waiting to see what little hint we would get, what little glimpse into their futures, which we know so well. Really nicely pulled off.
Third, just a compliment on how the pieces blended together as a unit. It was fine that the timeline was out of order, simply because each one stood by itself perfectly. But then again, they worked together because there were no conflicting storylines or anything.
The best piece of "Pirates" work I've read yet. Finally, getting away from all those "YouJack"s! It was great to really sit back and look at all the characters like this. Great, great read.
BRAVO!
The Phantom chapter 10 . 4/29/2004
Oh, great. Now I'm crying like a baby. The ending was beautiful. Simply, absolutely beautiful. Pure poetry. You really did save the best for last.
The Phantom chapter 9 . 4/29/2004
That was GREAT! Ah, I love it. Cheeky little git, that one. Loved the creation of his pirate name, and that line at the end just gave such a glimpse of what was coming.
The Phantom chapter 8 . 4/29/2004
Realistic that they all broke out into a random fight. Ain't pirate life great? The ending was so gross, it was delightful. Perfect!
The Phantom chapter 7 . 4/29/2004
Ah, Will, Will, Will. If only he knew. That's what I'm really liking about these vignettes; the foreshadowing is great. And Wally was fun. I really liked the idea of "the stone weeping", with the rain on it and all. Nice imagery.
The Phantom chapter 6 . 4/29/2004
I love Norrington! I really do! Great job with him. The ending was absolutely perfect; good old James strikes me as the type who would have severe conscience issues.
The Phantom chapter 5 . 4/29/2004
"One hell of a good night", indeed. I really liked the idea of Jack leaving her that cocky little note; JUST like him, that little scoundrel.
The Phantom chapter 4 . 4/29/2004
Man, the ending line gave me chills. If only he knew! I really liked getting a look at Barbossa; he's such an interesting character, and you did a great job with him.
The Phantom chapter 3 . 4/29/2004
Ha! "Dramatic-looking pirate" indeed. That was an interesting way of portraying their first meeting. "Which is why I'm stealing it!" was a great line. I LOVE these vignettes!
The Phantom chapter 2 . 4/29/2004
Aw, man, I LOVED it! That was simply great. Speaking as someone who ran into an old friend of mine the other day and had this moment of, "he can't have been THAT hot the last time I saw him!" Great stuff. I really liked the chapter title, too. Clever.
50 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »