Reviews for Knowing Love
LoveandScience chapter 1 . 1/15/2012
i just want to hug vir, this was so angsty. Really well-written and good story. thanks!
shadowsamurai83 chapter 1 . 12/29/2009
A very thought-provoking story, and well written too. Many people are like Marcus, seeing things in black and white, with only a little grey perhaps. But love is exactly how you described it here - it can be for a purpose, a dream, an idea, a memory, a person. Everyone is capable of any kind of love; not everyone realises it or accepts it.

And I now am acting like V, rather verbose! My apologies. Back to your story - I liked it a lot. You've captured both Vir's and Lennier's characters perfectly. Thanks for sharing this with us.
Mithen chapter 1 . 9/9/2009
I love how deftly you catch the dialogue style of all three characters here. Marcus especially-Vir's impressions of him are not the most flattering (I laughed at him comparing Marcus to a character from Centauri opera) and yet it seems quite accurate. I love Marcus, but everything does come back to him, doesn't it? Vir's thoughtful reflectiveness is a beautiful counterpoint to his approach, both in conversation and in love. Very nice!
sad tomato busted valentine chapter 1 . 11/8/2008
Oh, I really enjoyed this! Great job. Great Vir.
HardlyFatal chapter 1 . 11/11/2004
A spectacular story. The characterization is so deft, the dialogue so poignant- I found myself nearly crying in several places. Thank you so, so much.
Wanderlustlover chapter 1 . 9/28/2004
Who thats drastically amazing. And you have an lj? Any possible way i could be pointed that way?
Oryo chapter 1 . 8/30/2003
I have found this story via Gehayi's LJ and via your LJ.

Anyway, I never had to change to watch the complete show, but I really loved it. As far as my knowledge goes, I can only gratulate you how finely you portrayed Vir. I didn't only like the insights in his character, but also the way how your narration is floating. It is not easy to write a story in present, but you really take the reader with you in the text.

May inspiration always be with you.

Flora chapter 1 . 8/19/2003
This is beautiful. I love Vir, and I love his relationship with Londo, and your fic captured their relationship so well. I also liked how you brought Lennier and Marcus in, and comparing their ideas of love with Vir's. And I liked Vir's description of Marcus, how he "never seems quite real to Vir, because he's so very much like a character in a Centauri opera; one expects him to burst into song at any moment."

I really loved the last few paragraphs. A very moving description of a defining moment in their relationship. *sniffs* I hope to see you write more! :)
Neva chapter 1 . 8/15/2003
This is amaingly good. YOu write with clarity and emotion. You might want to work on the way you insert actual scenes from the show, it's a little awkward in places. At the beginning the transistion between what Vir is thinking and the events that are taking place could be smoother.
Calapine chapter 1 . 8/14/2003
That was a wonderful story. Loved the dialogue, and a lovely insight into Vir.
Deborah Judge chapter 1 . 8/13/2003
Thank you for this moving and thought-provoking story. Vir is a wonderful character, and love means something very complex to him here. He loves Londo enough to kill him, because he knows Londo's love for the Centauri. The strength you show in him really makes him worthy of the happy ending he gets.
Hobsonphile chapter 1 . 8/13/2003
Of course, I've already made my comments on this story in private email, but I'll repeat it for the public record. :)

I love Vir and I love Vir's love for Londo. You have captured both marvelously here. My favorite line:

"I don't... I don't think," Vir starts hesitatingly, "that love ever gives up. No matter what happens."

That's it in a nutshell. He may think of himself as "fat little Vir," but he possesses wells of compassion and courage that make him truly unique. He's heroic, in his own sweet way. ;)