Reviews for A Lily For Harley
Krabkrab chapter 1 . 5/9/2011
I personally feel sorry for Ivy in this. I also agree with her leaving.
Daryl chapter 1 . 8/23/2010
you have written a magnificent story. i think i will never get tired of reading it. truly great work
Werewolf Hero chapter 1 . 7/29/2010
A sad but pretty story
Sapphire720 chapter 1 . 2/11/2010
Thank god you didn't, that would've tore me in two lol. You always manage to get me crying. Surprisingly this was a story I must have skipped by mistake because I was sure i had read all your stories, I'm glad there was one I missed though just so I could read it. ;)
dainko chapter 1 . 4/6/2007
That was really beautiful. made me a little teary. I like that the plants cried. that was an interesting touch. The idea of Ivy torturing herself like this was crazy and beautiful all at once. You're really an amazing writer.
Pyric chapter 1 . 2/23/2007
:D I love it. I mean, I was confused at the beginning, but that's the idea, right?

I like how everything came together - it's a good length, things run smoothly, and the ending was a surprise (at least for me, who hasn't read the comics).

Love it.
BlackShield chapter 1 . 3/11/2006
A great and original plotline, first off. I've read your other Harley/Ivy stories before, and while this one retains the style (realistic dialogue, good transitions, descriptive quality), it has a flavor distinctly its own.

All of your writing really is impressive - I wish I'd discovered you earlier!

In your "Allergies" series, you mention that readers are welcome to contact you about H/I... though that offer is undoubtedly very old, I might attempt to take you up on it anyway - as, naturally, H/I is worth it. :)

Also enjoyed your more recent H/I, so I hope you keep dabbling in the pairing every so often.
pseudonym chapter 1 . 5/13/2005
I loved the heartbreaking detail put into Ivy's plans and older, wiser Harely that found her at the island.
Billy Rose chapter 1 . 3/22/2005
great fic

sounds kinda complicated and confusing

but still good
shany94a chapter 1 . 8/19/2004
A VERY good story - very touching and emotional. I liked how Ivy doesn't have all the answers like she thinks she does, and Harley isn't as half-witted as she pretends to be.
Nightmare1 chapter 1 . 6/12/2004
I stopped reading this fic a long while ago when Ivy said she was in love with Harley (I have nothing against lesbians, but I do not support the theory that Harley and Ivy are lovers)-and then for some reason, I read through it again, and now I like it, because of Harley's faithfulness to the Joker, though I was a bit disappointed with her leaving him in the end. Mainstream Harley. :p

-Nightmare1
ivyclarice chapter 1 . 8/27/2003
Glad I finally got the chance to review this. I was such a fan of the first two Harley/Ivy stories that I couldn't resist reding this when you posted it.

Now I'm back to actually comment.

First of all, I love the idea. It's very creative and the tone of the story is so melancholy...but melancholy without lapsing into angst or melodrama.

In short, I think it's a really lovely, touching piece.
Blackheart Syaoran chapter 1 . 8/26/2003
Kudos on a fantastic story!
chris dee chapter 1 . 8/19/2003
An amazing fic, Allaine. I admire the chances you take. When you back them up with this many twists and turns, and also with stunning lines like "Even undying love, it appeared, still died if the lover did" the result is really something. Nice job.
Query chapter 1 . 8/14/2003
Wow. Very nice, Allaine. I'm glad to see you posting more fics. This was interesting. I like the idea of Ivy taking off to an island and making Harleys. But I do see her point as well that the same, unchanging Harley would get very dull to be around.

One minor quibble: You show Ivy taking the herbicide before Harley makes her confession.

Other than that, I thought this was an excellent fic. I hope you're writing more!