Reviews for Bound By Difference
Galad Estel chapter 1 . 9/30/2011
What a work of beauty. What a troubling piece capturing two woman who have raised the interest of such a mighty Elf, and yet they will both in time spurn him.
emeldir chapter 1 . 8/22/2003
... Brilliantly written. You've portrayed Nerdanel and Artanis Galadriel beautifully. I can't think of anything else, really. Beautiful and compelling. Thank you.
Acacea chapter 1 . 8/19/2003
Hey...

I liked this. It's a nice, interesting look into both women, esp. Galadriel. The metaphors were lovely, each and every one of them.

And the last few lines were a perfect rounding off. It's a beautifully subtle way to end the story. Me likes - a lot!;-)

There is to be a prequel? Good.
Prophetic Fire chapter 1 . 8/19/2003
*blinks* Good. Very good. Curses, another talented author. I swear, I can never do this kind of stuff! Oh well. Heh! Wait, there's a prequel? *blinks again* Cool! When? Where? OOh!
Nol chapter 1 . 8/18/2003
Ya! Good, good work I like this very much. Keep writing! S.
Lady Elleth chapter 1 . 8/17/2003
A very well-written story, intriguing idea, this moments shot of the meeting of Artanis and Nerdanel. I love your description of Nerdanels eyes, and the characterization of the two women you managed to achieve with so few words. I can certainly see Artanis (who is not yet Galadriel) the way you described it, and though I do not agree with everything you wrote about Nerdanel it is fascinating to read someone elses interpretation of the wife of Feanor. They are very alike indeed, and maybe this is why they do not get along so well. Fire and water dont mix well without producing steam; the same poles of two magnets repel each other. I never thought about the relationship (if you want to call it this) of Artanis and Nerdanel, but yours certainly makes sense. This marvel goes straight to my favourites list, and I am looking forward to more. )
Kelly chapter 1 . 8/16/2003
This is amazing! i love the way you write, and its a really original look at Galadriel and Feanor's relationship. Will you be writing more Silm fics?
Imbeleth chapter 1 . 8/16/2003
It's so beautifully written. I'm impressed by your florid language. The description of the two women is vivid, allowing a lasting impression in the readers' mind. A interesting insight to the relationship of the three, with merely the source that Feanor had asked for three strands of Artanis' hair.

Wonderful metaphors to descirbe the roles that the women played in his life. A very impressive and beautiful story, I will love to read the prequel. )
RavenLady chapter 1 . 8/15/2003
This is beautifully written, and an intriguing comparision of the two characters.
Dot1 chapter 1 . 8/15/2003
Hello there! Welcome back!

This is an amazing piece. I've always envied your gift with language. Such powerful imagery and vivid description of the scene - I could almost feel the anticipation and curiosity of those present. I also really liked the idea that these two women in some ways complement each other, not despite but because of their differences. Beautifully written. Oh, and I loved the ending - so dignified!

One suggestion - I'd stick this in the Sil section as I'd say there might be readers there who would love this but wouldn't necessarily look at the LotR section. Just a thought:)
Marnie chapter 1 . 8/15/2003
Love it! Beautifully written, laconic yet saying just enough. Particularly liked the end which had a nice downbeat feeling while being very courteous :)
Thuringwethil chapter 1 . 8/15/2003
Nicely done. But I'd move this to the Silmarillion section of , if I were you.
Nell Marie chapter 1 . 8/14/2003
Just wonderful! Your descriptions are so rich and vibrant, capturing that same vibrancy in the characters. There are some amazing phrases in this story, lots of them in fact. . . .beautiful imagery. And great title!

NM