Reviews for Sight unseen
Darkflame's Pyre chapter 8 . 6/11/2012
This was a different sort of one. I don't usually have much patience with love stories, but I think you did a really good job on this. I love how stoic, stickler-to-the-rules Scott broke them for a girl. It was really a pleasure to read, quiller! Xx
KayValo87 chapter 8 . 7/8/2011
Aw! This story made me feel all girlly and ... squeally ... is that even a word?

Anyway, I loved it and I loved Elisabeth. I hope to see - er - read of her again soon. :)
Professor Ali chapter 1 . 11/1/2008
I am sorry to be reviewing this so long after it was written, but you will see from my bio that I only recently found this site, and I have been busy trying to read as many stories as my life will allow.

I have read all of yours (I think) and love them all, the breadth of the subjects, and the vivid reality of the settings. I just have not got time to read them all, and I thought long and hard about which one to review first – I guess that you will see the review, and I wanted to pick the right one! In the end – this is the story that has stuck with me the most. I think you picked an extremely difficult format, and I see from your comments that you did find it a struggle. I am very surprised to find that there are not many reviews of this story – I would have thought there would be more.

Anyway, I have always felt that Scott’s path to a permanent relationship would not be a conventional one, and in my daydreams, I have played out various different ones, all rather far from a traditional path to romance, but I LOVED Scott’s fate at your hands. I think Scott is very hard to get right at the best of times, but coming at it from inside his head must have been tough work.

I am hard pressed to say which part I liked the most. I’m a John (and Gordon) fan, and I loved your making John the confidante, and his and Alan’s subterfuge had me laughing out loud. The moment at the end when she realises what that special touch has probably been doing to him and exploits it, was the most wonderful understated ending, it was so satisfying.

Also, (although I won’t have time to review all of them) I loved the way the sequels picked up threads from this story and carried them on.

What else can I say except – this is great story telling, very skilfully handled in a very challenging framework. I hope that you are still writing? I see that you are Beta-ing which is great news for me, as you would certainly be my first choice if I could get up the guts to put anything I wrote up next to such great fan fiction!

Thanks for the enjoyment I have had from reading and re-reading this lovely story.

Ali
miss nen yim chapter 8 . 5/4/2008
This was so lovely.

It actually made me teary

Fantastic characterisation.

Thankyou for sharing ]
Zoe N chapter 7 . 7/30/2005
i recon you should carry on an ddescribe the wedding
Zoe N chapter 8 . 7/30/2005
wow! oh my god how can you write such good stories! i cant wait for more!
Hoo-ah chapter 8 . 8/8/2004
So cute! Very lovely knight-in-shining-armor story. How lucky is Elizabeth?
Lady Viva chapter 8 . 8/29/2003
I am a Scott fan and this was a fabulous story from beginning to end. Thank you!
Mad-Friend chapter 1 . 8/17/2003
Now that you've done Sight unseen in diary format you might even want to consider tackling it from a different angle, one where you can add your own personal stamp on it. Your touch with the healing gell was a good piece of forward thinking. I also liked very much the dolphin it was a lovely romantic gesture of Scott's, and Tin-Tin was just spot on. Thankyou also for the acknowledgement, but I didn't really do that much, just advised. You did all the work. Well done.
JoTracy123 chapter 8 . 8/16/2003
really really good. i didn't think Scott had it in him to break the rules of international rescue keep going would love to hear more about it
Fran L chapter 8 . 8/16/2003
Aw, sweet! Lovely storyline, though in using the format of dictation/diary entries you've cheated yourself out of deep description and insight that can paint a scene. That's the only thing this story's missing, but the characters are great and the format is well adhered-to. Nice one!
taffyd32 chapter 8 . 8/15/2003