Reviews for Choices
Caskett93 chapter 30 . 11/14/2015
I liked this fic so much :3
Somewhere along the way you put in a a.n. that you thought your characters were ooc. I wanted to tell you that they did not. They simply changed because of the different life they lead in your fic. They were IC in their evolution.
Love
Sara
PlumeVif151 chapter 30 . 12/26/2014
great great great story !
lindam2254 chapter 30 . 6/30/2014
Only one thing to say... AWESOMENESS in its written form :D Even I'm not the big fan of Sparrabeth and would've needed more glimpses of Will and Nichole, but as you said. This story belongs to Elisabeth :)
I still can't picture how someone can write so beautifully as you can.
lindam2254 chapter 2 . 6/21/2014
Oh lord, your way of writing is awesome and true art, even I can't understand all the words! Good grief, you are good! I was obsessed right after the first chapter and felt like reading a great book! Well done and I hand it to you... I am EXTREMELY jealous of your skill to write! ;D
I don't know will you see this after all these years, but I'm sure I am not nearly only one to say same kind of words about this awesome fic. Thank you for this true entertainment, and I'll keep on reading it till 3.00 AM probably, not being able to stop and leave the "book" unfinished!
bridgetlynn chapter 25 . 3/21/2014
...Five chapters to the end and I'm absolutely still adoring this. Even as I continue to despise Elizabeth. I feel like you probably weren't trying to make her unsympathetic; but that's how she comes across - at least to me. That's not to say the story itself isn't fantastic and well written; 'cause it is. I suppose everyone interprets things differently as they read.
That scene with Norrington pretty much encapsulates her entire character to me. I loved the little digs he made, intended or not (and somehow I think in this case it was intended for Norrington is not a stupid man); especially with his final line about how Will always thought of her first. I actually said out loud to my computer, "Pity Will's wife doesn't return the sentiment."
Something Will 'thought' about while he was in the cell - about how he wondered if he and Elizabeth had ever really known each other at all resonates with me for Jack and Elizabeth's relationship - how can they be in love when they know each other even less? There's an infatuation for certain - perhaps the seduction of the forbidden fruit, so to speak. But, I just can't see it lasting. That's shown quite well by her absolute inability to listen to reason when Jack orders her to stay behind and she reacts like a petulant toddler. It never occurs to her that her presence would be more of a hindrance in the long run. Elizabeth wants to be there so she'll just throw a fit until she gets her way...Jack should have thrown her in the brig.
It's kind of ironic in a way that I can't feel sympathy for Elizabeth but I my own mind doesn't villify Jack nearly as much. True they both acted out of bounds - but he didn't instigate it...and he didn't jump up and act like a wronged maiden the next morning. And as Ana said to Elizabeth - Jack's never hidden who he is and where his heart truly lies. Elizabeth has her own special brand of manipulation and I almost pity Jack for when she invariably becomes bored with him down the line.
Looking forward to seeing Nichole and Will's interaction; especially when Nichole figures out that Will is the Will Turner who's wife was cavorting with Jack Sparrow. Nichole is essentially a third party with no loyalty to anyone (except maybe a bit to Jack?) and would perhaps have no problem spilling the beans in a 'facts are facts' way.
bridgetlynn chapter 4 . 3/21/2014
Somehow I never stumbled across this fic before and I have to admit the pairings listed intrigued me. That and all the reviews I skimmed kept talking about how well written the story is.
Now normally I steer clear of anything that centers around Elizabeth (and run screaming from things that list J&E as pairings) 'cause I honestly can't stand her character. Ironically, I'm even more intrigued with this story because from what I've read so far you've kept her so in character that you've managed to portray exactly what I dislike about her (which, makes me want to keep reading as you haven't turned her into this 'perfect' woman). Elizabeth always wants what she wants when she wants it...and then when she gets it she isn't happy with it. I found it almost poetic that in canon she's stuck waiting around every 10 years for one day with Will - after she basically jerked his ass around over three films and if you really boil it down to the bare tacks Will died 'cause he was constantly trying to save Elizabeth and had much more devotion to her then she did to him.
Will's confusion over why Elizabeth is so angry with him in the first few chapters is sad; and not in a 'pathetic' way. I feel like I'm one of the few people to prefer Will to Elizabeth in fandom (and not think he has no personality. He does have a personality...he just has the personality that would be very happy having a quiet life, with a small business and a family rather then a constant grand adventure). In this story he has provided her with a comfortable life, loves her unconditionally and is forced to (obviously) do things he is uncomfortable with (that we do not know in full at this point) in order to provide her with a life for which she is accustomed. The very fact that she didn't even have an inkling to their true financial situation and the circumstances surrounding Will's sudden turn from blacksmith to merchant captain show how oblivious she is to the true reality of the world around her...rather then the reality that exists inside her mind. How much does the woman think a ship costs? Let alone two. Even if business is booming, does she expect Will to have paid off two ships in three years? (People have a hard enough time paying off a 12k car nowadays in 3 years).
Will's thoughts at this point in the story are very telling - Elizabeth doesn't know the truth of life on a ship. He obviously knows she's remembering the 'grand adventure' from CotB; but isn't taking into account the reality of life on the ocean. And if he took her with him (if he wasn't hiding something and wasn't under a promise to her father - the breaking of which would cause him to lose everything) she'd probably be unhappy about her circumstances upon the ship as well.
Jack's the only one, so far, that has me a little confused about his character. Only because of his apparent continued fascination with Elizabeth. I just never bought into the idea that he liked her, even a little bit, in canon. I kind of always got the impression that he flirted with her 'cause she's a beautiful woman and it tended to throw her off balance. Admittedly, in this story she hasn't shackled him to a ship's mast to save her own skin - which probably went a long way towards pushing any (limited) attraction he may have felt for her in CotB far far away. Truthfully, imo, a relationship between Jack and Elizabeth would burn really hot and then end with him leaving her somewhere so he didn't shoot her when she started whining because she was getting bored or wasn't in control of something. But we shall see if you can change my mind in that respect. I really like that you have acknowledged, even if only in Jack's own mind, that he isn't nearly as insane as he'd like everyone to think. I think that's an important point that some fanfic authors forget to make - Jack Sparrow wouldn't survive a day if he was as nuts as outsiders are supposed to believe he is.
Well, I just wanted to get some of my initial thoughts out before diving into the meat of the plot.
cypris88 chapter 30 . 5/12/2013
Wonderful story! I liked the plot twists and your original character Nichole fit into the world so well. I like how everyone ended up happy... Except for Elizabeth's dad, he was probably pretty upset. Liz as a pirate just makes so much better sense though!
Clever Lass chapter 30 . 2/26/2012
Greatly enjoyed this story. Good pacing, good characterizations, and a completely believable plotline. Wish this could have taken the place of Pirates 4 On Stranger Tides!

In fact, I don't even have any suggestions for improvement. And for an English teacher like me, that's really something! Thank you for sharing this.
I 3 CAPTAIN Jack Sparrow chapter 1 . 1/8/2012
Luv this story! It's really good!
Zenappa chapter 30 . 9/30/2011
OMIGOD this has got to be one of the best stories I've ever read. Seriously! Even though you wrote it awhile ago, I enjoy reading old ones as well as new. I'm completely obsessed with pirates as well as Sparrabeth and I absolutely love Nichole. Her character reminds me so much of a female Jack as well as one of my own characters Tiana. Your story was fantasic and I couldn't stop reading. I wish this really happened in the movies. My life would be complete. Long live Sparrabeth! Keep on writing! :)
Rishtalak chapter 30 . 7/5/2010
This ending just made me smile. I loved this story, even when it seemed like everything was about to fall apart for our favorite characters. I'm glad that I got to read it!
coffeebean2009 chapter 30 . 6/26/2010
I love the story. I can't believe it took me this long to find it. Anyway you really did a great job.
antiheld chapter 3 . 3/31/2010
did I already say, that I simply ADORE that elegant, light writing style of yours? well, i do!

I really like, that she does not just abandon will during the first 5 lines or so (which unfortunately is the case in a lot of other stories..) this is so much more believable.

You've also done a great job on your characterizations so far, i think. Lookin' forward to Jack :-)

oh and btw, I LOVED that "afternoon tea - scene", the way, you wrote about those other ladies (one has to like them!;)) and spun their seemingly random ghost-story conversation into that meaningful... well - thing. ;-)

anna
antiheld chapter 2 . 3/31/2010
I can't believe, i found this story only now! the pairings in your summary rather intrigued me, and the fact, that you had obviously given a lot of thought to your work (since you said, you edited a lot) looks promising... however, your writing style - from what i've seen by now - was, what completely convinced me ;-)

I realize, you have already finished this, so reviewing might be pointless, but i wanted to anyway :-)
moregoth chapter 30 . 2/1/2010
Lizze the pirate, what a great ending! I really enjoyed your writing, your managed to capture both Jacks and Lizzes quirkiness. There was a great bittersweetness to your tale too, of the choices they all made.