Reviews for During a journey in the dark
Teacuppy chapter 6 . 8/3
I am greatly saddened that this is discontinued...
I was used to reading amazing stories from you and I fell in love with your style of writing.
You are very talented writer and I wish you the best - also thank you so much for everything you've done so far.
CloudCarnivore chapter 6 . 6/17
Great story!
Ravenna Frost chapter 6 . 6/20/2016
This is so amazing, I am saddened to see that it only has six chapters. It's a great follow-up to your first story, and I'm very impressed by your work! I do wish you'd continue it, but I understand what happens when the appeal of a story, for whatever reason, is lost. Muses are a fickle thing. Even so, I have enjoyed your works greatly and thank you for the honour of reading them.
Guest chapter 6 . 10/26/2015
How-I-I just can't-wha-I... Please update? I mean, 2007? At that point? Don't you think you're too cruel...? Oh please, I love your fic!
Brightpath2 chapter 6 . 3/9/2015
Darn it. It's not complete.
Alright. May I just say, I really enjoyed both this story and While the Ring Went South. I love how well you stuck to the book, and I think you merged the scenes from the books rather seamlessly with the rest of your own story.
I also love the banter (semi friendly or otherwise) between Legolas and Gimli. It was quite amusing, seeing as we all know they end up as friends. It was also interesting to see possible reasons that the two of them became friends. I do strongly agree that Gimli would not long be able to dislike Legolas's singing, or the songs of any of the elves.
Ah, Pippin. Prone to trouble, but as endearingly loyal and dedicated to the quest as any of the others could hope to be.
Aragorn and Boromir's interactions were interesting as well. It does make sense that Boromir would feel most at ease with Aragorn, and yet this is the man who is supposed to someday take the throne of Gondor from the Steward, Denethor, his father, which makes their interactions awkward. I especially appreciated his thoughts on Aragorn's being closer to the elves and the dwarves than those of his own race, because I feel such concern really would be one reason Boromir would have doubts about Aragorn. Of course, he neglected to realize that Aragorn is a ranger, and spent much time with the Dunadain, as well as time among the Rohirrim, and even in the white tower itself, when Denethor was young.
I'm so glad that you wrote that little bit with Bill. Very nice to know that Gandalf's words were no mere blessing in someone else's mind as well. Sam would be quite relieved.
Oh Frodo . . . I kept thinking throughout it all that the next time someone saw him grasp the ring they'd actually speak of it.
Merry is adorable when he's being protective, especially seeing as he's hardly better than Pippin in later books when it comes to injuries.
Gandalf's wisdom sometimes seems lacking . . . In all honestly, I would have felt inclined to brave the gap of Rohan and risk running into Saruman instead of going through Moria. But of course, Gandalf believed there was no other choice, and it all turned out all right in the end.
This was a wonderful story, and I hope that someday you will be able to complete it.
AutumnZoeyAthena chapter 6 . 2/18/2015
WOW! This is AMAZING! Please continue on this, it is really good, and, unlike the actual books, it's a lot easier to understand. Love how you write! :D
WaterElement chapter 6 . 5/3/2014
Update PLEASE! talk about a cliff hanger!
CanadianInk chapter 6 . 3/24/2014
Please, please, please update! I really love this fanfiction, and it would make my year if you finished it!
CanadianInk chapter 5 . 3/24/2014
Great chapter! I loved Bill's narrative!
CanadianInk chapter 4 . 3/24/2014
Yet another fantastic chapter! I really like that you added in that part about Legolas clearing the tentacles! It added to the scene!
CanadianInk chapter 3 . 3/24/2014
This fic is blowing me away! Your writing is comparable to Tolkein's! Please continue, I love love love it! Legolas is my favourite character, and I really liked the bit about the sea longing! Looking forward to the next chapter!
CanadianInk chapter 2 . 3/23/2014
Yet another amazing chapter! I love this FIC so much! Really excited to see more Legolas and Gimli bonding! The action and dialogue here is simply fantastic!
CanadianInk chapter 1 . 3/22/2014
Great first chapter! It certainly lives up to the expectation that "While the Ring went South" left behind! I love it!
am1262 chapter 6 . 11/27/2013
please hurry and add more!
LadyBluePhoenix chapter 6 . 8/11/2013
This story hasn't been updated since 2007... it is abandoned?