Reviews for During a journey in the dark
thequickbrownfox chapter 6 . 3/11/2013
please please please update. Your stories are great and I would love to read the end of this one
reader chapter 6 . 1/17/2013
absolutely lovely story, I really enjoyed it and hope you will continue it! )
Sonic Serendipity chapter 1 . 12/22/2012
I have this story on my e-reader, and somehow every time I get to the last chapter and it's not the LAST chapter (if you follow me!) I still get a little shock of surprised dismay. XD

Writing being what it is you will of course update or not in accordance with your own wishes, but please know that I enjoy it still and would be thrilled if there ever was more. take care!
Nearing Midnight chapter 1 . 12/18/2012
When are you updating? D: I think this is an awesome story, please update soon.
Guest chapter 6 . 7/7/2012
Love this story! Keep writing! :)
Nellas Aldarion chapter 6 . 5/9/2012
Once again, fantastic work. You do a wonderful job here, as in the last, of blending Tolkein's writing style and dialogue with your own and it makes for a very entertaining read. I just hope you get back to this story soon. I would love to see what adventures you've got in store for the Fellowship, and the things you hinted at concerning Legolas and Gimli's growing friendship in particular. Hope all's well, and please come back soon!
Nellas Aldarion chapter 5 . 5/9/2012
Might I just say that I loved your inclusion of Bill's flight and his fight with the wargs. I love that we the readers can now have a bit more insight into how Bill returned to Rivendell, as well as a bit of further insight into Gandalf's character. As usual, wonderful, wonderful work! I look forward to reading more!
Floating Leaves chapter 6 . 10/24/2011
I've read both "While the Ring went south" and this story, and I definitely love them both! The humor in the first one was well done, masterfully mixed in with adventure. I like "During a journey in the dark" equally as much, despite it being darker, and more angsty for characters like poor Aragorn. And I doubt Legolas feels at ease in Moria.

You haven't updated in a while, but I'm fairly assured that you will not give it up, based on your reviewer responses - yes, I read those too. xD

I'm quite surprised at the degree that this book adheres to the book canon; I have not read one fanfiction where the author used the book version of the Watcher scene. I agree with your appraisal of the book version; to have all the warriors freeze up at the sight of the Watcher was a bit odd. I did somewhat catch on the fact that Legolas was placed further away from the rest of the Fellowship, but I didn't think much on it. I was quite pleasantly surprised at the version of the scene that you used. Considering that, I wonder now how you will depict the Balin's Tomb battle? I have not seen any fanfics that use the book's version of that battle either. Is their another HOME version? Or will you stick to the book?

I experienced something of a "Ah ha" moment when Legolas' Sea-longing was mentioned. Having watched the movies first, I did not know of the Sea-longing until I went on the LOTR Wikia. I weas fairly dissappointed that it was left out, but it as you said: they couldn't include everything.

Your depiction of the characters is amazing, and very believable. I thought that Aragorn seems somewhat closer to the movie version at times, though the Hobbits are spot-on. Boromir's POVs are sometimes just as funny as the Hobbits for his sarcasm. D Legolas...well, I base my image of Legolas off of other fanfics, since the books did not seem to develop his personality very much. Same goes for Gimli. And Gandalf. _

I do hope that you update soon! Saes?
kspadawan chapter 6 . 8/3/2011
Hello again! It's been a while since I read the prequel to this story, but I was definitely in the mood for your writing today. This is so great! I'm sad that it's been a while since it's been updated. :( Will there be more? I hope so! :) As always, your writing is superb and the everyone is in character. Can't wait for more!
TheRandomScribbler chapter 6 . 4/20/2011
As always, an excellent read. Have you any plans to continue this - four years later? Experience reading your work has led me to believe you are not one to abandon your stories, a theory I'm rethinking now...

I for one would love to see another chapter come around.

Enna Namo chapter 6 . 4/9/2011
Just finished this. I really love your writing and all those added insights you provide to the characters. Especially that little bit about Bill fighting those wolves and coming out victories made me smile and cheer for him. Too bad that Bill won't be able to tell anyone about his own adventure. Now I wonder if your lasts words at the last chapter mean that you consider this storyline closed and will continue with another gap Tolkin might have left or if this isn't finished and just hasn't been updated in a long time...
harprani chapter 6 . 9/9/2010
I love this story. Please, please update. I hope you add more of the friendship between Aragorn and Legolas
Harrow chapter 6 . 8/4/2010
Hi, just a lurker that's been chillbanging in the background looking at random stories and your (I think it was supposed to be a trilogy)... has been.. well, awesome to read.. It would be sweet if you'd continue this.. seems like a shame to let it go..
Nevaratoiel chapter 6 . 6/24/2010
I'm gonna act like a little child now. Please update please please, pwetty pwease?

But in all seriousity I loved the story "While The Ring Went South" and I'm sure this story could be equally good. Well, you already had a start off. But I'm sad to see you're no longer updating the story and neither "Land of Light and Shadows". Both very good stories but unfortunately no changes or updates.

Don't think I'm trying to push you into updating. (Ok, maybe I am) But the stories ask for more, well, I do, and to be finished. Well it's up to you, but maybe you will eventually update. I know all too good how it is with updating stories... heheheheh...
girturtle chapter 6 . 4/8/2010
I just have to say that I read your stories all throughout my Middle School career (and some in my High School when I saw a lovely update). Now as a Freshman at Uni, I've come to realize how much your stories have impacted my writing and myself as a person. I basically grew up reading your stories and as I re-read them (all the while avoiding to study for final exams) they bring me the same joy that they did eight years ago! I just wanted to tell you THANK YOU SO MUCH. You are just simply amazing that even words cannot describe.

284 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »