Reviews for Flesh and Stone
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
DAMN...

Now THIS was effective.

After the clan have spent so long avoiding serious harm against their stone forms in the past- it’s not like Goliath was in actual danger from Xanatos’s goon squad during that time in the park, and on any other occasion where the clan’s presence was known to an enemy that had the potential to actively threaten them at night their enemy either just didn’t know where they slept in the day or had a code of honour that would prevent them attacking helpless foes in the first place-, you not only came up with a devastating injury while also creating some excellent thoughts about how they’d deal with the damage in the aftermath, with the clan’s human allies effectively exploiting the ‘delay’ offered to them by stone sleep to rally the appropriate medical treatment.

Nice touch with the insight into the Quarryman spy’s motivations for his actions against the gargoyles- in a way, you could almost sympathise with his essential motivation due to his essentially good upbringing, even if the fact that the gargoyles haven’t actually DONE anything to any innocents that he knows of makes it hard to REALLY sympathise with him-, and his subsequent fate worked out fairly well, and the introduction of Doctor Lucinda Lacey has definite potential, both for future plot developments and the sheer originality of her character defying most preconceptions of the kind of person who’d express an interest in that kind of work.

Oh, and congratulations to you for exploring everyone’s reaction to Hudson revealing that he’s Broadway’s father; it might not change much of the character dynamics given typical gargoyle nature, but their period of reflection about Hudson’s mate was rather effective.

Keep up the great work!
Wispr chapter 1 . 4/3/2008
That was really a fantastic story! Did a good job showing how a good person can let his fear twist him into doing evil.

Wispr
Matthew Blackheart chapter 1 . 11/7/2004
cool
Kat the Fan Girl chapter 1 . 8/12/2004
I decided to wait until I'd read all of the series to date before posting a review. I know it would cut down on your review count, but I figured some of my questions would be answered in the later stories, and they were.

So, I suppose I only really have one question now: Have you finished, or are you ever going to? I know I for one would be absolutly delighted if you have/would, but I also understand how the muse can just up and disappear (for years on end sometimes)
SSJ Aeris chapter 1 . 1/25/2004
Geez, I think it took a week to read everything. My eyes even hurt after all of this. But damnit, it was worth it! At first I was a little reluctant to read Yama's Path because I thought I wouldnt be able to understand it or anything since I hadnt seen that episode in so long that it praticaly erased from my memory. But, once I got into it, I found out that I enjoyed as much as enjoyed reading about Goliaths and Elisa wedding. (which I really loved) And I would be more than happy to put this story on my fav list, but I cant. It would take up so much space that I wouldnt have room for anything else. So I'll have to put you on Author Alert and Fav Author. By the way, I love your style of writing. Its so easy to read. I hope you update soon. And, can I ask why you decided to put a lot of the chapters into diffrent story links? I just thought it would be asier to put it all into one big one. Just wondering.
Anacalagon chapter 1 . 1/20/2004
Whew! I read your all of your chapters for this series.
Grr... I greatly dislike that evil man. The one who did that to the clan.
CrazyKhazad chapter 1 . 9/4/2003
*at the final battle with the quarrymen*

May the Fell Deeds awake!

NOW FOR WRATH!

NOW FOR RUIN!

AND THE RED DAWN!

FORTH EORINGAS!

KHAZAD!
Gandalf the Beige chapter 1 . 9/2/2003
I just hope someone excomunicates the Quarreymen.

"There is no curse in Elvish, Entish or the tongues of Men for such treachary" -Treebeard

"Don't you UNDERSTAND? When they finish with the Gargoyles, YOU will be their next target!

One day you will awaken to find Quarrymen storming your realms' shores, brandishing weapons of COLD IRON. And all that this Green Isle stood for: Magic, Enchantment, the HOME of an ENTIRE RACE, will be ground to dust under a boot with an IRON HEEL! But You can STOP IT! YOU can aid our fight against them! And if Avalon SHOULD fall, You could make your last stand a tale that would last in mortal minds... Until the End of TIME!" -An older and wiser Xanatos, making an appeal to Oberon and his Court
AnimeFan101 chapter 1 . 9/1/2003
I like how you've got Johnson here, trying to do what he feels is right - it's a sad truth in this world that many of the people who commit awful crimes really do believe that they are doing the right thing.

You've got a real epiphany for Angela here, too. It's really brought home to her just how different her mind works from those of the clan she now lives in. Her confusion is completely uinderstandable, since she looks on the clan as being the quintessential gargoyle made flesh. Keep up the good work.

Do you take guesses on those questions? Well, IMHO, I think that Broadway will fly again, if not the next night he'll still be flying in the near future. The dark shadow just might have been our pal Yama in town, scoping out the winds. As for the Noodle freaks...I have no clue.

Bring on story 19!
Once upon a TimeWarp chapter 1 . 8/19/2003
Devils?

STUPID FUNDIE TOSH!

Let me guess, he's either a calvinist or a really zealous Jehovahs Witness, am I close?

this is also the first Surgfic(surgery) I've come across