Reviews for Captive Entanglements
sammy-mackie chapter 45 . 3/26
Love your story
Anon chapter 45 . 8/7/2014
There's not enough love for this pairing or this fandom; so, thank you for this.
I liked the fic, but I felt like you would start down a plot thread and wouldn't explore it enough and wrapped it up quickly. For example, you brought up the mate culture of the Nietzscheans and I liked how all what was needed was a declaration in front of allies and witnesses and the set-up for how the situation came about; but then you never went into what it means to be a mate, cultural expectations, what Tyr is giving up / repercussions, etc.
Pretty much, I wanted more. And that's sounds a bit ungrateful after you gave over 41,000 words.
The only real issue I have is how you handled the rape. I don't feel that Harper really dealt with or healed from that trauma to then move onto a happy relationship with an amnesiac Try, which also erases all the character development that happened between the two of them in your story.
Ashcola17 chapter 45 . 1/14/2012
Omg really ur ending it here. But why its so good. It just feels incomplete.
smiles2go chapter 45 . 12/2/2010
I enjoyed this very much. I do think Tyr would have been more worried about getting his memory back, but otherwise...good job!
calileane chapter 45 . 9/30/2010
I was sad to see the end, as when I love what I read, I never want to see it end... wich is strange when most of the time I can't wait to see what happen in the end. Illogical I know

I loved this fanfiction because of the way you made them come to be together. and because of the gentleness I felt in all acts and feelings in the pairing.

A perfect story.

with love
Kreeoth chapter 45 . 7/24/2008
The end of that chapter amused me so very much. xp

I dunno about other people, but I thought this chapter was adorable.

There does seem to be a bit of emotional discontinuity, though.

- Harper was formerly uncomfortable with intimacy

- Harper isn't unhappy that he isn't getting "his" Tyr back?

- Tyr isn't unhappy that he isn't getting his memory back?

- Harper's "I don't need your pity", while character-appropriate, seemed to come out of the blue (perhaps I'm just not reading it right, but maybe make it a little more obvious what Tyr's saying / how he's saying it, that makes Harper take such offense.

None of these are particularly problematic, but touching on them would flesh out the chapter a bit, as well as giving the story a more emotionally conclusive feel.

Good job, thanks.

Kreeoth
OffbeatLover chapter 45 . 10/10/2007
I don't know who told you this sucked, because it was great. It was true to the whole story. I really enjoyed it!
owlx chapter 45 . 1/8/2006
thourghly enjoyed this tale.

Please write more for tyr and Harper, they are one of my fav pairings.

job well done.
PernDragonrider chapter 45 . 9/17/2005
Loved the entire story and the last chapter most definately did NOT SUCK!

Hope to catch more Harper/Tyr fics of yours, you rock!
jacobangel chapter 45 . 8/19/2005
I really enjoyed this fic. And the ending chapter was fine. Just a few things to consider: Tyr speaks of memories of people before his memory loss (how would he know this?), Go is a game like chess (I think you might mean basketball), Tyr mentions having been on the Andromeda for several days (but they haven't been there for that long after the blueish guys returned them) and why does Harper say that if he tried to lick 'old' Tyr's ear that blood and broken bones would be involved (weren't they quite close/intimate before the memory loss).

But beyond that, my compliments on a story well written. You should be proud. Good luck in your future endeavours.
Beff chapter 45 . 8/18/2005
I liked the ending! I don't know, it just struck me as very tongue-in-cheek. Of course, I just read all 45 chapters back-to-back, so I'm a little dizzy with finally finishing, but that's beside the point.

Yay for Harper/Tyr love. ;D
bunnicle chapter 45 . 8/11/2005
so, when's the next chapter? soon, right? better be soon. it's been forever that i've found a good TyrxHarper story and i won't be havin you not writin' on it! So, don't make me come over there!
myladymystere chapter 45 . 6/14/2005
i really enjoyed had action a plot and character developement. a little detailed sex would be nice but hey i'm just smutty that way.i would have liked a hinting that Tyr's memory was retuning .i guess i'm sappy too.i think you write them well and have a good feel for relationships and the ship's crew .keep writing ,if not this than aanother 45 chapters is a lot of work so critics with unhelpful advice can go play in deep space. :)
jade-gadis chapter 45 . 5/19/2005
"They arrived three hours later looking ruffled and generally well-shagged, and although no comments were made, money was seen exchanging hands at odd intervals." That is the best ending to an Andromeda fic I have ever read. I love this and 'Past Reflections'! Harper is my favorite character, and the way you make him out in your stories is great. I hope you write more Andromeda fics!
Ivy chapter 45 . 3/12/2005
...Very nice ending. I truely do hope you'll write more Harper/Tyr fics. They're just so...cute/hot/adorable together. It would be nice to see more AUs or crossovers with these two as the main pairing. A crossover with Stargate or any type of Scifi movie would be cool. For once, I would like to see a fic where Harper has a crush on a guy he ends up meeting again, and due to...fortunate events, he ends up with Tyr in the end somehow. Sprinkle in Beka getting to do neat, and of course dangerous, tricks with the Maru, Trance being her usual mysterious, bouncy self, Dlyan being more opptimistic than usual, and Rommie being the great AI she was built to be A need to be written fic. I wish I could give you more ideas because I love how you write. Much respect.