Reviews for Lost
Kaderin chapter 15 . 8/12/2013
I'm late, but I wanted to say I really enjoyed reading this so thanks for writing!
HelloDenmark chapter 15 . 2/14/2013
AWESOME! Great idea and way of executing it :D Great story and wonderful writing!
Lorewen chapter 15 . 12/23/2012
Just finished it after reading all night! It's that good!

I could tell you didn't know the canon as well as I usually like, but for once I didn't mind. You had the important things down, and I could ignore the rest, because the story was worth it. And it takes some skillful storytelling to get me to say that!

I just have one complaint: Estel. I would have liked to see more of him, and particularly I think here at the end he should have been involved. His character needed a bit more closure after everything he's been through. I would dearly like to read of his reunion with Elrohir! And by the way, I knew he would be the one to snap his brother out of his depression, and I knew the fall down the stairs would help! The first is probably because Aragorn is one of my two favorite Middle-earth characters, so I wanted him to play that important role in his brother's life. As for the fall, I guess I just recognized in you the same attitude toward putting him through that that I think God has toward putting me through unpleasant things: He does it because I need it, not because He gets some sort of sick pleasure out of it (like some fanfic authors seem to!). You seem to regard Elrohir in much the same way, so I knew the fall would be good for him in the end.

I don't know if you'll even see this, since I see it has been eight years since you finished the story, but then maybe you will happen to look at it someday when you need encouragement, and this review will be just the thing. Hey, it COULD happen!

Anyway, great story!
Lorewen chapter 3 . 12/22/2012
When will Aragorn realize he should trust Elrohir a little more? I don't mean letting him get away, but so far the only times his brother has actually done the wrong thing is when he's trying to get away, or when he's touched. Every other time that he has done the "wrong" thing, it has actually been exactly the right thing. That's why I knew the person coming had to be Elladan-because Elrohir didn't want to hide from him. Come to think of it, that's a good sign for the future, too!

Anyway, I know this story is already finished, so it would make more sense to hold off on reviewing until the last chapter, but I don't guess you'll mind if I review now. :)
gginsc chapter 15 . 7/19/2011
Beautiful brotherly love story! Wonderful job!
Alatariel chapter 15 . 7/6/2010
Best fanfic I've ever read! Well done! U had me hooked for nights on end!
Vanwa Lullaby chapter 11 . 7/4/2010
I really liked this chapter. I dont know if your still even reading reviews but im reviewing anyways...

I really liked the part with the music. Especially since i myself am a flute player and i favor elladan a tad more than elrohir...

anyways...

Great job and i love the story!
Tia Paes chapter 15 . 5/2/2010
My gosh, what an emotional, intense and amazing story this was. From the very moment I started reading, I was captured by the heart breaking plot and the reality of the characters.

What I enjoyed the most about this story was the consistency with the characters. So many stories portray them as being quite modern in their actions and speech. You gave them a freeing speech but also a formality to the language which was very Tolkien like. I enjoyed the way that they fell into their roles as so many stories still have the twins act like children, despite being lords and fully grown warrior elves. When you introduced a character, it was refreshing to have them revisited and not forgotten and it made the whole story very real.

I loved the tenderness. I just loved it. The chapter that had Elrond see Elrohir for the first time made me actually cry because it was so sweet and tender. It was wonderful to be allowed a glimpse behind the usual stoic image of Elrond and see that worried father that was buried underneath. Elladan and Estel's emotional journey was very intense and I found myself so sympathetic to their plight. That part at the end where Elladan accuses Elrohir of being an attention seeker tore out my heart because it was so much like a real situation. A bit angry, a bit hurt, a bit desperate and unsure. That's what I really enjoyed about this, it wasn't bam bam end, it was real in the way that the characters said things they didn't mean, did things they didn't want to and felt throughout the whole time just as scared and confused as the readers!

Wow, just wow. You should be so proud of yourself because this was a wonderful story. The writing was fabulous and so easy to read. You are magnificent!
p.c88 chapter 15 . 3/20/2009
Absolutely fantastic story! I haven't been able to stop reading it since I found it! :D

The plot is very interesting. Not something that I would normally pick, because of fear of over-angst, but your writing balances angst, hope, joy, despair and humour perfectly to my tastes. Character developments were very detailed and took me right through the whole roller coaster of emotions they experienced. There were times when I found Elrohir's selflessness a little exasperating, but it does fit in well with the image of him you've created in my mind (for this fic anyway!), especially after all that he's gone through

I haven't any profound criticism for you! I only ask if you would write a sequel, even just a short one, on Elrohir's retrieving Estel's cloak pin? And Estel and Elrohir's reunion! Not to mention what happened to Polinas hehehe.. Okaay, so maybe that won't make for such a short sequel if you are to write it as well as you've written "Lost" haha!

Thanks for writing and sharing such a great story! I enjoyed every bit of it _
ecan chapter 15 . 11/25/2008
Excellent story I have read it several times Hope you will continue writting

ecan
Mare chapter 15 . 7/3/2008
Lovely story - and it was all to get back at Elladin! What a wonderful twist. :) I did very much enjoy this story, and I hope you continue to write such beautiful work.

Cheers!
fYr3 ph03nix chapter 15 . 2/27/2008
WOW. Okay, first off, for some reason, I tend to always seek out the romantic fics in any fandom that I'm into. But just a couple days ago I was randomly going through LotR fics and I came across this and hey, since it stars Elladan and Elrohir who are on my top five fave characters for LotR, I just had to take a look into it. And damn, I'm glad I did!

You are one hell of a writer for one thing. I love it. For serious. You made me not want to do my homework and even made me not want to go to class 'cause I wanted to know the outcome. I had to pull myself away from the computer so I could shower and go to sleep. I must admit that though that happens to me sometimes, I didn't expect it to happen with this sort of story.

And I'm not saying that in a bad way. I have to say that I really really liked your fic. I especially liked it when the chapters started to get longer and longer. Hell yes! I love long chapters!

Though I'm a bit late, I still have to congratulate you on a job well done. It's a pity that this fic is finished and I have yet to scour through your other fics so who knows, maybe you already have a companion fic written already.

In any case, just two small things that I found. It may be just a personal preference but I guess I'll say it anyway.

At the beginning of the story, I noticed that you used a couple of exclamation points at the end of your sentences. Some of them (not all, I must stress this) seemed to be a little out of place and it felt awkward to me. As the story went on, however, those awkward exclamation points started to fade out and I was really happy for that.

The second were some of your overly long paragraphs. Maybe they could have been broken down more to simpler topics or something, I don't know. But I usually dislike reading such long paragraphs 'cause I tend to get lost in them. o_0

But again, it may be just my own personal preference and/or a pet peeve so you don't really have to take me seriously. P

I did thoroughly enjoy your story. I love Elladan, Elrohir, Aragorn, Glorfindel, and Erestor to name just a few (lol) and you wrote them with such lovely characteristics. I especially liked how Elladan and Elrohir had such a strong bond. Though any slash-lover (I am actually one of them, though I tend not to slash in the LotR fandom; I just find it strange for some reason) would declare their bond to be something else.

To build on that, I loved how Elladan claimed Elrohir as 'his'. I smiled and giggled at that part. Extremely cute. I also liked it when Elladan called Elrohir a 'crazy little orc-butt'. Almost snorted in laughter. Also giggled at Elrond calling Glorfindel 'Glor'. Couldn't help myself, really. P

And wow, this is getting long, isn't it? Oh, and before I go, I have to say that it's a pity that Estel didn't get to see Elrohir back to the way he was before. But hey, once again, since I'm so late in reading/reviewing, you may have already wrote something on that. So, I guess I should leave you alone now and end my ranting.

Thanks you!
fairyneko chapter 15 . 12/16/2006
i'm looking forward to the sequel...i have to say i have never quite seen a plot bunny like this one...makes me wonder what your muses will bug you with next...* looks around hoping to catch a muse or two* i'm hopeless at writing...
Girlie G chapter 15 . 8/30/2006
RIDICULOUSLY good. long, well written, and so heartwarming. i enjoyed it from start to finish. your talent definately shows here! way to go!
JennyJoy4 chapter 15 . 8/18/2006
Where to start...

You have a couple of small stylistic problems here: telling instead of showing at the beginning, excessive use of exclamation points, interjections (argh! sigh!), modern words (okay, jerk, orc butt-altho I have to admit that one made me laugh out loud!), and I feel I should probably tell you that "Nindal" means "my foot" in Sindarin! -grins- That said:

This is a great piece of writing! And for a very first-well, it's simply wonderful! Your psychology in particular is deep and spot-on, and any novelist would be proud of it. Your writing is smooth and well-edited-the very fact that I never even NOTICED your writing style is an indication of how smooth it was to read! And your characterization was great-everybody was flawed, just like real people. Your chapters are also longer than any I could dream of writing. I was impressed how you obviously had the entire abduction clear in your mind from the first, and only toward the end did the pieces begin to fall together. I loved the little touches, like when Robard wet himself. I have to say, I think I've never seen that done in a story before! I managed to read this entire thing in one day (no small feat, that!) and it held my attention to the very end. Bravo. Now I've got to get to work reading some of your other stuff!