Reviews for Destined Victory
kriitikko chapter 1 . 3/20/2009
Jinnai is awesome and so is this story. Great work here!
Judah chapter 1 . 8/6/2006
Great and amusing - I could see it if Jinnai were a bit less vain a bit more diabolical. The self-centeredness is about right too.
absolute tableness chapter 1 . 6/4/2006
good, very good

i always thought Jinnai should win at least win once and...

there it is

good job
MorganaLakes chapter 1 . 3/30/2006
I haven't actually seen El Hazard, but got interested in the character of Jinnai. You got me interested even more: well done!
JockoMegane chapter 1 . 7/22/2004
That Magnificent Bastard Jinnai.

Just goes to show one you cannot keep a good despot down. Thanks for the story. :)
Himitsu the Hunter chapter 1 . 4/10/2004
True evil genius _. Definately a good one. And the characterisation of Jennai is DAM good!
-Himitsu The Hunter
San Draco chapter 1 . 1/21/2004
Not too bad of a story, all told. The only two comments that I have are as follows.
1. It was obvious from the very beginning that Jinnai was going to win, and even the tone taken by the author showed his bias towards that character. I believe that it would have been better if the narration tone had been more neutral in its choice of vocabulary ('harpy' and 'boring' are not descriptors commonly used in Roshtaria, at least in regards to Shayla and Rune Venus) and if it had been written with more suspense. In my experience, a conclusion that's unexpected is much better than one with a transparent ending.
2. The characterization just seemed... off. Granted, this is just my opinion, but Jinnai seemed to have been 'upgraded' by the author, where the normally insane (brilliant, but insane) Jinnai was made into another 'cool' villain with an uber-plan. As an example, "A shame you
didn't check for any tampering" doesn't sound like something Jinnai would say. Judging from his established character, his tone would be more drawn-out and verbiose. This disparity just grew as the story went along, until the last few paragraphs, where his character finally approximated the anime version's.
To elaborate, I don't have any problems with the author's choice of characterization, interpretation, or plot. I simply believe that it could be improved, is all. Again, it's a good story, especially for Jinnai lovers.
Shiakou chapter 1 . 8/28/2003
Ha ha ha! You may have graded this as drama but I found it ironic to the point of being funny! Jinnai is an IDIOT obsessed with just plain defeating Makoto! Very good story but you know what I think? I really think it's Makoto who won! I mean he got EVERYTHING he wanted back AND Jinnai won't be bothering him anymore! So what if the deluded fool thinks he's won, if Makoto had known that this would have been the result he would have let Jinnai win a long, long, long time ago! I wish I could see the look on Jinnai's face when he sees that by winning, he has given his greatest rival what he had always wanted from the beginning, the demon lords free, the Eye stable, Roshtaria in peace and Jinnai contented to build his little anthills and leave the rest of the world alone!
The Mad shoe chapter 1 . 8/23/2003
Wow, even if i absolutly worship Jinnai then this was a bit to much.

Sure he gave the eye of god back, but to hate somebody so intense, to just utterly crusch them in both body and soul...that's just wrong.

Othervise this fic was really great. Well written and a good storyline.

keep it up.
mark-engels chapter 1 . 8/20/2003
* points at Rowan Seven *

Yeah. What he said. :)

At the risk of invoking the wrath of the faithful, I have never liked Jinnai (which anyone who's read "Rough Justice" or the other work posted on this forum by Ken Wolfe and myself will realize.) Having said that, I did enjoy this read very much. Seeing Jinnai actually get a leg up on Makoto seemed to take his edge off. It's interesting to note that with his ego satisfied Jinnai is content to sit back. I'm not so sure I buy Jinnai's ability to waltz right into the Floristican palace to give his speech, but his plan using Qawool was particularly sinister and clever. Kudos to Epy for pulling this off. Hope we'll see more.
Rowan Seven chapter 1 . 8/19/2003
*snicker* A very amusing tale. Your characterizations of the characters were fantastic, and the actual dialogue was incredible and hilarious. Perhaps the best part of this story was that you made it seem somewhat believable and plausible. Truly, this was Jinnai at his best and most cunning. Your Qawool origin was also amusing. Great job all around. Thank you very much for writing and posting this story on the internet.
piasora chapter 1 . 8/18/2003
Bloody. Brilliant. I am awed. What we always needed to see out of Jinnai, without a doubt.