Reviews for Ice Against My Window
loveretriever chapter 1 . 8/2
As she started reading, she became interested in the story being told from Darra and Valden's perspective, especially when the narrative was seen through Darra's eyes. Not much is known of the Chandler family, although Tamora Pierce's upcoming book about Tris' adventures at Lightsbridge may hopefully reveal more information about Tris' background.
As she tried to ignore her dog barking, she loved reading the contrast between Darra and Valden's personalities. She thought the author did a wonderful job portraying two different people responding to a young girl with magical abilities beyond their control.
She found a new love of the twisted family in Darra and Valden's relationship. Valden, always away from home, wants to keep the family unit together, while Darra wants to separate them so she can regain her sanity.
However, she breaks out of her thoughts to consider the dialogue and italics, which in some spots get confused and mixed up.
And then she reads the end and loves it. Particularly the last sentence. She remembers why she fell in love with Tris' character all over again.
This piece, she thinks, is truly beautiful.
(constructive narrative review - for a challenge and because your writing deserved it because you're so awesomely amazingly talented!)
mistrali chapter 1 . 10/12/2012
"each time the rain hits me" - that's a great turn of phrase. Darra is chillingly in-character here, and you've actually made me sympathise with her, a little. Despite how vile Darra was to Tris, no wonder she's on edge: I wouldn't even want to be in the same suburb as an out-of-control weather mage with no knowledge of her powers and who is hurt, neglected and angry.
iphis15 chapter 1 . 11/28/2011
I like the concept, and you've presented it very nicely.

~Mademise Morte
KrisEleven chapter 1 . 11/16/2008
Very, very good. Very sad, too. I like how you portray her parents- you actually give them depth in the writing. Trisana's little blurbs were heartbreaking and well written.

loretta537 chapter 1 . 8/18/2008
poor tris, this story even makes me feel sorry for her parents.
alynawatlovers chapter 1 . 9/8/2006
That's soo sad. Poor Tris. I don't like her mother at all.
Inglesa chapter 1 . 7/23/2006
wonderfull. but im not sure if it has anything to do with tamora pierce. but ok :-)
Pandora Markku chapter 1 . 6/26/2006
that was so sad, but in this story at least her parents wanted to love her...
Cesy chapter 1 . 7/8/2005
Very good. We need more Tris stories. :)
Saturn's Hikari chapter 1 . 5/22/2005
I lied. I think I like this one better.

Or wait...

they're both too good! So different, but seeing this one really makes "the Price of Owing' all the more powerful.

You're astounding.
Evilstrawberry chapter 1 . 12/26/2004
Another grate fic you've written. Sad and kinda scary too.
ho-hum chapter 1 . 11/7/2004
Darra is so cruel!

You're style of writing is enjoyable to read :)

Your charactes seem so vivid and real!

I can feel the agony Darra is facing, but I still think its unfair for Triss.. she's still a child!
shattered amethyst chapter 1 . 10/6/2004
This was so touching, and we get a good look at /why/ Tris was sent away. I really love it. I don't know what else to say.
Eloise Andrews chapter 1 . 6/25/2004
We don't get a chance to feel sympathy for Tris' parents in the books. We see them as Tris sees them, heartless, cruel. You've made them human. You've shown us what it must have been like, to be the mother of a daugter you don't understand, to be the father who has to choose between his wife's health and his daughter.
Abombidal boo chapter 1 . 10/17/2003
AW! CUTE! But so sad too! I love it! I've only read the first sequal, but this is really good.

PS: Candice sent me.