Reviews for Vanishing Act
A.E. Hall chapter 3 . 5/23/2005
Captain de Chagny eh? What an interesting twist. You have great dialogue going between all the characters but the story could still use some description.
A.E. Hall chapter 1 . 5/23/2005
Although this story has an interesting and original premise it is sorely in need of some description. At least in this first chapter it seems to be completely dialogue and very little describes the surroundings or the characters. I think this could be made into an excellent story with some work.
AuronLives chapter 8 . 5/20/2005
AH! I am SO glad to see this updated! I love you!
Elizabeth chapter 8 . 5/17/2005
This is SUCH a good story, please update soon!
Elyse3 chapter 8 . 5/16/2005
Ah! I love Captain de Chagney! This fic is so wonderfull well- written and creative.

Kudos for giving Nadir a character- a believable one, at that. This fic is terribly funny, too. *applauds*
HUGGS chapter 2 . 5/15/2005
IM GONNAN DIE~! THE FREINDSHIP BETWENE NADIR AND ERIK IS SO ADORABLE LOL USUALLY HES ALL SMUG AND UNGRATEFUL AND DEATCHED BUT THIS IS JUST HUGGABLE I LUV IT HUGS
Clara Stone chapter 8 . 5/15/2005
Hey- great job so far! I enjoyed it. Persia is really hard to write, simply because of how different the situation is from where we phiction authors usually write-meaning, Paris, Opera House, you know. You have to deal with Erik being younger, but still himself (I always viewed Persia as the time in Erik's life where he comes into the person he will eventually be), no Christine, and a culture so foundationally different from our own and even European culture. But you're doing a splendid job really. The post-Reza bond between Nadir (oh how I do love him) and Erik (and I love him even more) is very clear. I like Sebastien (very clever of you to put a Chagny there. Ho hum. If only we could see what your Erik would think of when he met Raoul!) and the constant bickering is just perfect. The only critique I really have is that I don't feel that I know Sadira all too well-I have bits of her personality, but I don't feel the same connection of reader/character as I do with Sebastien (although perhaps that's because I instantly gave him Chagny qualities when he was introduced. Oh those de Chagny's... they're all alike! hehe!). Perhaps if you let us in her head more, a little backstory, perhaps. I understand her devotion and her loyalty, but at what point did she cross the line from timidity to courage? I really do like your story, and you're doing a great job! Sorry for the LONG review! (PS: Erik being so gallant makes me want to swon! For a murderer who despises human beings, he really has so much respect for the helpless and unjustly persecuted. I want to marry him. hehe. Him and Harry Potter. And Mr. Darcy. And... Okay, getting carried away!) Much love! ~Clara
dferveiro chapter 7 . 3/24/2005
any chance you'll finish this story? I'm really loving it, but then the chapters stopped! Please update, if you intend to! Thanks!
LostSchizophrenic chapter 7 . 3/24/2005
wow. this is an amazing story! please, please, please, update this! i love it! i love how you portray erik. it's just perfect. all of these characters are so *alive*. this is very well written. i'm dying to know what happens! please, post more of this soon!

always,

LostS.
Shadow131 chapter 1 . 12/31/2004
Oh, wow, that is TOO cool! I love being able to know more about the rosy hours of Mazenderan, though I always got the picture that the Sultaness was a little girl...A little girl with a very twisted sense of humor, but none the less. Ah well. I cannot wait to continue reading this! So cool! And it's neat that the Daroga finally has a name! Yeahness!
AuronLives chapter 7 . 10/26/2004
This...is...AWESOME! I can't believe I passed by it so many times! You have a real talent for weaving a tale. I'm loving Sebastian, by the way.
Requiem du Fantome chapter 7 . 10/16/2004
I emerge from under the grasp of Darth Real Life and review! *sheepish grin*

I love it m'dear *glomps chapter* Naadair...Sebastien...Erik... abuse of voowels... *snicker* I don't know how much more I can say as my tired brain quickly runs out of appropriate adjectives...

It's wonderful...fantastic.. I can't wait for more and shall re-read the last word out of this... Brava!
Elyse3 chapter 7 . 10/14/2004
Wow... there are no words good enough to describe this story.

It'sa funny and clever, and very well- thought out. It's very well- written and it has an actual plot! And Erik in character... *swoons with happiness*

Captian de Chagney is utterly amazing, the daroga is wonderfully in character, and the prose is lovely. I can't find good enough words to describe it. Suffice to say: Wow.
Aathiya Lia chapter 7 . 10/3/2004
:)) Hooray for Sadira and Erik! I didn't tell you this, but I love this line:

"Do you own anything other than black?"
AMarguerite chapter 1 . 10/1/2004
Whe! Origional fan-fic! This is amazing and I love your interpretation of Erik and the daroga. I can't believe I hadn't read this sooner!

Alas... I must flee, but the fic definately goes on the Favorite's List!