Reviews for The God of Household Chores and Blackbirds
September's Nobara chapter 1 . 7/9/2010
Very enjoyable! Clear, to the point, and maintains a good pace in narration, tone, and dialogue to keep the reader's attention to the end. Speaking of which, the way the characters interact with each other certainly made me feel as if I were reading a transcription of a lost scene in one of the episodes-that is to say, good work on keeping them all throughly in character!

The remark on how pleasing people means doing what they want is interesting commentary on interactions between one person and another. I also like the way you wrote Canti's thought process: it's a good mix of a human and what could be a robot's mind.

All in all, a wonderfully written story!

Sincerely,

September's Nobara.
InuJoey chapter 1 . 3/9/2010
I liked it.
Dirk Bolero chapter 1 . 5/31/2006
Yes, Ta-kun is a shortening of Tasuku. In the first episode of FLCL, Naota says that his name isn't Ta-kun, and that Mamimi should stop calling him that. Also, in that same episode, Mamimi asks Naota if he got any letters from Ta-kun. If I remember correctly, anyway. At my age, who's to say?

But an awesome fic, keep it up, yo!
Kittengrl39 chapter 1 . 6/25/2005
*blinks* I came to that conclusion myself. About Ta-kun. Yay! Canti-sama! _ *sits by herself, rocking happily* Read this at two AM after watching Furi Kuri. It's great. Thank you!
Sky-Pirate-Tat chapter 1 . 12/18/2004
Ah. . .so thoughtful and cute.

*Watashi no ai, Tat-chan
Lost-and-Broken chapter 1 . 11/14/2004
That was great! And it is so true, no one ever writes about Canti-sama! It's not fair... This story is great! I love how you made it seem like he really cared about Mamimi. And I think you hit his personality with an ace. Great job, I really enjoyed this!
BoneSatellite chapter 1 . 10/14/2004
Writing a narrative for a mute character isn't quite that difficult (unless you want it to be really good); I'm experienceing the same ting with Gromit. Anyway, I liked this story quite a bit, despite its short-ness. The introspection and descriptions fit perfectly into the narrative, and the intervals of Canti's mission parameters were a nice touch. Oddly enough, my favorite quote is in the AN:

"SOMEBODY holds the robots off until Haruko rides up, LATE, I might add..."
Usagi-mun chapter 1 . 7/11/2004
This indeed is a good story. Good job!
Yamita chapter 1 . 11/18/2003
Ah, VERY nice! I love the story! Good choice of wording and the sort...no one ever writes about Canti, and he's my favorite character. You portray him nicely! It's pretty hard to write about someone who doesn't speak. Nice work! *bow*
nevillesdashizz chapter 1 . 10/30/2003
nice ficlet
Lady Razorsharp chapter 1 . 8/28/2003
Such a sweet, cute story. Who'd have thought a TV-head robot could be the sensible one in this...odd...family? Bravo!
Katon chapter 1 . 8/28/2003
Yay! Canti doesn't get enough light.. So you good. X)
Eysabelle Perfume Holmes chapter 1 . 8/25/2003
Nifty story, extremely well-written, and consistent with the atmosphere of the anime. Yay!
Wicked-Wytch chapter 1 . 8/22/2003
Hey!

This fic is so good. Not only well written, it also gives props to Canti, the one cast member who everyone seems to overlook. I luv Canti, he's one of the best and this fic really shows just how important he is.

. Great story!

Wicked
Bawdy chapter 1 . 8/21/2003
oh, a story about Canti! He's so cool. This is very good, you should make more stories.