Reviews for Remembering to Breathe
Itolein chapter 21 . 9/13/2014
I realised that that wasnt the first time I read your story during the second chapter but I kept reading because I couldnt remember how it ended. I love the ending!
Seitenchang'e chapter 21 . 5/14/2013
AMAZING ! I'll always remember about how amazing this story is.
Thank u so much for everything you done !
Seitenchang'e chapter 12 . 5/14/2013
Damn, I was expecting the end of the story to leave you a comment, but the main thing is taking so much of my attention and everything that I want to write asap and just tell you how awesome is this fic !
Chara are perfect in their own way, cliffhangers, the entire plot, no ones OOC and you are pretty good to remarch bounds between couples (In terms of friendship, and karma, so HakkaixGojyo and GokuxSanzo).
I'm going to add you as fav writer for sure, both because you deserve to become famous between Saiyuki fic lovers, and also because it is too difficult, at the moment, to find someone who could do something like that.
Ale chapter 21 . 4/6/2013
Oh yeah, I also wanted to say that I LOVED the fact that you alternated the character pov between chapters. I thought it made things that much more interesting and grants the reader an even more emotional pov. I especially liked how the last chapter was finally, finally in Hakkai's pov :)
Ale chapter 21 . 4/6/2013
Wowwowwowwow! That was an excellent story! You are amazing at writing feelings, emotions, and angst. The fighting scenes were awesome as well (particularly the ones where the boys are fighting Hakkai. I really loved the idea behind the fic (the whole playing with their minds thing) and how it played out to make each of their bonds stronger in the end. I really enjoyed the scene when Goku yells out Sanzo's name, and he just bolts off in his direction. I just really love reading about the bond between those two. I mean, I love the bonds that each of them have with eachother, but I like reading about theirs the best for whatever reason.

Certain parts parts of this story really tugged at my heartstrings. In particular, I enjoyed the scene with Goku being forced into the cave by Sanzo :( But I also really loved in the beginning where everyone is trying to move on without Hakkai. Their actions and reactions were really heartbreaking there. It's really hard to imagine them travelling with only three. I can imagine just Sanzo and Goku alone, but it's just not the same without the four of them, and I really love how you managed to portray that.

I just wanted to thank you for writing this amazing fic. I hope you write more Saiyuki fics in the future, but I understand if you no longer write for the fandom. Thank you for producing such an enjoyable fic. I thoroughly enjoyed the time I spent reading it :)
Smexy Kitten chapter 21 . 3/8/2013
I was in love with this story from beginning to end. You kept everyone in character and the surprises were wonderful. You know how to keep me on the edge of my seat and I enjoyed every word of it. I'm happy that I got to stumble onto this fic! :D
AhPohSiput chapter 21 . 12/13/2012
*If you haven't gone past chapter 3 yet, don't read to avoid spoilers!*

I would've posted a review earlier, but it was 2.00AM, so now that I've had a good night's rest my words will make more sense now xD How did I not discover this earlier?! This amazing story gripped me for 5 straight hours..I'm sure so many have already said this, but yes, you've really kept everyone in character, fleshed out solid characters of your own, and managed to top that with beautiful writing; to me it's at that precise balancing point between good language and emotion. Being the fangirl I am I couldn't help but spazz out for the first 2 hours or so after realising who the one they had lost was...

I was quite surprised with the direction the story suddenly took, but not in a bad way. What I expected to be an angst/moving on fic grew into something else, more elaborate, more painful. I would've loved it even if it stuck to angst; reading on was a little tough at first, because I actually felt this pain of having to accept there might be something worse than death...perhaps similar to what the three felt. (another sign of great writing!)

My favourite thing about this fic was how much you incorporated Hakuryuu into it; I love Hakuryuu to bits so this was like sparkling rainbows and shooting silver stars for me xD My only complaint is I would've liked the twins' side of the story to be fleshed out more; they left a little too soon. But I suppose it wouldn't have made much sense if the Sanzo ikkou, namely Hakkai as himself met them and agreed to help them out anyway. Overall, a great, great story, and now I'm off to read your other works ;D *darn this review is long*
Chibis Unleashed chapter 21 . 5/17/2012
I am so impressed with this. Not only was it in character, but it was unpredictable and paced just right. I didn't get bored, but I didn't feel rushed, and I didn't guess from the first three chapters how the rest of it would go (And let me tell you, that happens pretty often with me.)

I was a little worried when this was declared strictly friendship that you'd keep them distanced, over-corrected away from romance, if you will. But that didn't happen; they're appropriately close without throwing it all in the boyfriend-basket and I love that. I love even more that, probably /because/ you stayed away from romance, you didn't shy away from keeping all four of them close, playing with the relationships on all fronts, instead of slicing through the middle and focusing in two directions.

This is excellent. So very excellent. The world needs more of stuff like this
KaKashiisWifey chapter 19 . 4/23/2011
this chap almost mad eme cry tears of joy...T_T they have the friendship of a lifetime
ShirouHokuto chapter 21 . 2/6/2011
Oh wow, this was just gorgeous and heartbreaking - I absolutely love it. ;o;
Silent Game chapter 21 . 2/3/2011
A thoroughly enjoyable story; I just read through the whole thing and loved it. I especially liked the way your portrayed the different relationships between the four of them, and the complete interdependence that keeps the group together. _
Guest chapter 1 . 1/9/2011
I have to make a fanfiction acc and be ur fan :)

I jumped from your gintama story into this one and man you are one hell of a writer. Normally I am picky and I never leave reviews.

But I loooove you

and I really hope you kill off those bastard bro n sis. Their pissing me off sooo bad.

-Joanna :)
KaKashiisWifey chapter 21 . 1/1/2011
I think i reviewed this already..but ima do it again..you write very well and this story is only proof of that. I almost cried lol Good Job!
Eilonwyn chapter 21 . 9/6/2010
Wow.

I am in awe of this fic. Your writing style is rich and detailed, your characters follow their own rules, your plots are believable and complex, and your tone is amazing. I haven't read that many fics that really stand up to the canon they're based on. This one completely does. It could be part of the manga, or a miniseries of the anime. When you add in the fact that you make traditional writing format work for what was originally supposed to be communicated through images, it just becomes that much more amazing. I've found another writer to look up to on here. Lucky me! :D

I'm also encouraged to see that even though this story stalled several times, you got all the way through. I've had that problem with my fics before, too. (I'm happy to see another NaNoWriMo-er, too, though I only got into it about four years ago.) I'm ashamed to admit that I actually almost didn't read this beyond the first two chapters, because I thought Hakkai was dead and was going to stay that way. The beginning and what you described happening were vivid and incredibly realistic, but didn't make sense - but they weren't supposed to. I thought it was going to be too sad. But I got really lucky, I guess, because I kept reading. :)

This is probably the longest review I've written in a long time, but this story's totally worth it. Though I'm late to the party (as usual with manga, I'm a newbie), I'm really glad I found this! Thanks so much for putting it up!
cs chapter 21 . 8/11/2010
I really loved this. I'll remember it long after I've forgotten others. Thank you so much.