Reviews for Building A Princess
ZenryokuKirby chapter 1 . 3/7/2009
This is one of few AC stories I have read that does not include on the author bashing Relena. Most are just bashing Relena, because of ignorant reasons (as Ukchana said, jealousy) and I have to thank you on how you interpreted my favorite female protagonist from GW!
Rhys Davies chapter 1 . 1/25/2009
Magnificent. It's been a long time since I last reviewed a Gundam fic, but rediscovering a series I loved dearly can do that. And this is a fic worthy of review, simply because it adds such depth to Lt. Lucrezia Noin, one of the most inspirational characters I've ever seen on screen. Strong, intelligent, comprassionate, insightful - you've pulled all these into a perfect knot, and then added an extra layer of context by making her the mastermind behind the revival of the Sanc Kingdom. In a sense then, Noin saves the world, which tickles my fancy deeply as a self-professed fan of hers.

Likewise, you've captured Relena's intelligence and charisma and truly done her justice, comparatively rare among the fanfic community. Your exploration of the means and ideals of total pacifism also impresses. I'd be curious to know what you made of Relena's rejection of total pacifism in Endless Waltz.

A layered and complex fanfic with compelling character-development, that truly matches in with the canon and events of Gundam Wing. As I said at the beginning, Magnificent, and I will be eagerly scouring your profile for similar gold! Many thanks :)
kurahieiritr JIO chapter 1 . 9/17/2007
I like this story. I do enjoy the fact that Relena needed a bit of prompting, but I did want to mention that Relena was always pacifist in her ideals. Descriptions nad dialogue are very well written and concise. I like that. careful of tenses however, hoped should have been hope present tence since the rest of the sentance structure was present not past as hoped implies. I like how Noin nad Relena interact and the fact that Relena is by her own choice, thinking before jumping the gun and just agreeing. Her need to evaluate whether or not she could run a country shows her intellegence which is I must say refreshing and very good characterization.

Dorothy was the one pointing out the animal war monger conscepts of human need to battle. Relena always disagreed with that theory in the anime and manga verbal sparring she and Dorothy did. Beyond that problem with things, I think this is a fantastic storyline. I think you have done an excellent job.

Oh and war machines would be greed also. Romefeller was always weapons dealing. You forgot to add that. Greed and tradition are the commity formula. world domination. And Duke Dermail is by official guides Treize's older half brother, so he has a vested interest in both feeding war tools and family is only interested in his pocket book adn power over others in the name of tradition. treize is obsessed with chivelry and the beauty of war allows the chivelry code more weight. However, the mentality of Tradition and how easily soldiers change sides because they only have a tradition instead of a reason si a riveting plot inside of itself. the psychology there makes good sense. The nothing to fight for except fighting for a continued habit makes for a very good plot point. I hope you write more thought provoking pieces like this one.
Terra chapter 1 . 2/13/2007
Thank you for portraying Relena so realistically. This short, but extremely insightful portrayal should be read by all Relena-bashers everywhere. I know you've long since moved onto other fandoms, but this fic nevertheless has made an indelible mark on the GW fandom and I just wanted to commend you for it.
Ukchana chapter 1 . 5/22/2006
I agree with your author's notes completely. First, the age thing has always bothered me. What's more annoying is how other GW fans will use the excuse that every official GW *anything* says they are teenagers in order to prove they are. These GW fans look at your logic and say "well, too bad, because this *says* they're teens!"

*smacks illogical fans*

I hate to point out to those fans, but there are many instances of creators (of TV series or anime) turning around and ruining (or drastically changing) their show by choice. Chris Carter put Scully and Mulder together after he swore he wouldn't, and Rumiko Takahashi (of Ranma 1/2) actually made a little-known ending to Ranma 1/2 where Ranma marries Shampoo. (It was remade without that marrage and the original had only a few printings in Japanese, so it's a collectors item)

You can't trust creators. They're only human, after all. ;-)

As to the story, this is great! Very logical. I can't remember, though, where Relena and Noin went directly after the Romafeller Party, so I'll have to go back and watch it in order to get the full effect.

Still, Relena is a misused and abused character. Mostly, I've discovered, the "nice, sweet and idealistic" female characters are hated by girl fans. Why? Eh, jealousy, IMO.

If you're still into GW stuff, come check out my fanfic Strategem. You might like it. _

Ukky
Omnicat chapter 1 . 4/21/2006
To make this review very very simple: I LOVE YOU TO DEATH!

Finally, FINALLY, someone who understands this part of the show, and Noin and Relena's parts in it!

I'll stop now before I start babbling.
faerieX chapter 1 . 11/12/2001
YAY! Finally, a story from the POV of Noin (my fave GW chica) that doesn't involve her either mooning over Zechs or having sex with him. Thank you!
Aciel Skadi chapter 1 . 5/17/2001
Very nicely done fic, Rashaka. Nicely done, indeed. Your characterization of both the women is excellent, especially that of Noin. You took her basic personality and gave it depth and a spark of vitality which is sadly lacking in many fics nowadays. Relena, as well, is portrayed very well. I especially enjoyed being privy to the permutations of pacifism within her mind. It was a treat to be given such a refreshing, and *sensible* glimpse of an often 'passed-over' facet of her character. I was very pleased and delighted to read this fic, and I thank you for bringing it to my attention. Salud! Adios! Hasta luego! Hasta la vista! Auf Wiedersehn! Tchuss! (sorry, I just couldn't help myself! _)
Mako-clb chapter 1 . 3/9/2001
Wow, this was just wonderful. You really filled in the gap explaining how Relena decided to take her place as ruler of the Sinq Kingdom. Also, I thought your explainations for why peace could be a reality in the GW universe were well thought out and well written. Very good job.
Nin chapter 1 . 12/22/2000
BRAVO! I loved it! In my opinion, all Relena-haters should read it. It would give them something to think about. After all, most of them think that Relena is a hypocrite, because she shot at Lady Une. They should realize that Relena was *not* a pacifist until after Noin rescued her from those OZ soldiers. Some people need to remember that people *do* change over time. That is one thing that attracted me to Gundam Wing in the first place; it's sense of reality.
me chapter 1 . 12/22/2000
Hazzah! That was a VERY interesting and realistic take on the evolution of events and Relena's views. I think you got the characters right on.