Reviews for The Good Old Days
Meggie Dodge chapter 1 . 11/23/2005
Shapely work! I'm getting old enough to recognize myself in your narrator-and be pleased that you've pegged the attitude so neatly. Just enough to leave me wishing for more; so I'll move on to your other postings.
Trinity Day chapter 1 . 8/29/2004
Written in a very different style than your (and I don't mean you, your) average PotC fic, but the style is also quite remarkable. Very atmospheric and *very* good. For all that it was quite short and for all that it barely mentioned the PotC characters, and for all that, if one looks at it with a skewed eye, it can almost (almost, but not quite) be called a character sketch - for all that, it was an excellent little vignette and I'm very glad that I read it. Great job!
bettysuepirate chapter 1 . 3/24/2004
Well, luv. You've got the pirate speak down o'course but i would like to read on a bit more what ye know of Captain Sparrow, savvy?
It ended way too soon!
HappyBunny1 chapter 1 . 12/12/2003
I must say, this was a very good piece of fiction. I really enjoyed reading it. It was wonderfully written and that does include the "pirate's lingo", which most people (including myself) often have trouble with.
It was short, sweet, and to the point and you didn't drag it out any longer than it had to be. And I really can't imagine the ending being any other way.
So, well done.
Aescreillu chapter 1 . 10/12/2003
I absolutely love the 'one rope short of a rigging' part, though the ending is a bit abrupt.

You rock.
wellduh chapter 1 . 9/26/2003
Astonishingly thoughtful. Really. Very thought-provoking. It's the last line that sounds like Jack speaking, actually...

Keep it up.
Indigo Intrigue chapter 1 . 9/14/2003
that was amazing. it's not often you find good angst/memory stuff; usually it comes off sounding inevitably like a pissed-off teenager. your piece, however, is much different, and quite magnificent to read. i hope you write more, whether in this story or another PotC fic.

Godforsaken chapter 1 . 8/20/2003
I likes. I likes muchly. Yay random rum references!

Spam-The-Great chapter 1 . 8/19/2003
That was incredible! I love the way you wrote it; having the person telling the story talk directly to you...that was VERY original! Also, I liked the way you wrote it with the accent. Some people do terrible with this but, you did very well!
I'mPrinceHarrysGrl chapter 1 . 8/19/2003
Great story! Wondeful potrayal of your character I cant wait to read other pieces of yours.

P.S. If you have the time please r/r my fan fic of Lord of the Rings! I would really appreciate it.
BrokenSkye chapter 1 . 8/19/2003
Ach, come on! Who is the other pirate? Is it Bootstrap, Will Turner's father? Or does Will and Elizabeth decide that the 'Pirate's Life' is for them? I want to know! Please update!
Cudae chapter 1 . 8/19/2003
This was excellent! A wonderful little story. I appluad and admire your skill in writing it. I could almost hear the narrator speaking, it was so excellently...what's the word? Described? Hmm...

Anyway, you have my curiosity as to who the other pirate was. :)
Nathonea chapter 1 . 8/19/2003
god. *strokes chin thoughtfully* God.
atippleofyourtears chapter 1 . 8/19/2003
"Never quite figured why; I always thought he was one rope short of a rigging, if ye catch my meanin'."

{laughs} I love that line.

"Jack Sparrow, 'e could 'old more rum than I've ever seen a man do before (though truth be told there wasn't much difference b'tween 'im sober an' drunk)...

Snort. So very true, especially the last bit.

"Aye, that was a proper pirate, no mistakeā€¦.

Eh? Who was the other one?"

The narrator was, wasn't he!

Anyway, I liked this a lot! I agree with Em, about the ending (though, like her, I can't figure out something better) but all in all, this was very good.
GreyLadyBast chapter 1 . 8/19/2003
*politely hands over a nice, large tankard*

Will this do? So, who was the other proper pirate, anyway?

*flutters eyelashes and smiles prettily*