Reviews for Friends and Lovers
tmntlover2013 chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
Great job on the story I liked it alot,keep up the great work and keep on writing.
Fantasyfan4ever chapter 1 . 8/26/2009
*sniffs* Poor Donnie; he's so sweet for allowing April to be happy with Casey, but at the same time, he's a fool for holding in his feelings for so long. Although I never was a huge Don/ April shipper, I'd always thought that Don did have strong feelings for her.

Anyways, this was really well done despite what you think. Characterization is fantastic especially with Donnie. The song ties in nicely with the fic; to me, it reflects Don's fantasy of being with April. Well done!
Melya chapter 1 . 1/15/2008
Man, I want to cry. That was so touching! Poor Don... He really should have told her before. A nice little story, really.
greshunkai chapter 1 . 5/29/2006
characterization perfect! thank you.
Longing for Leo chapter 1 . 3/26/2006
Oh God, that's so sad! Por Donny! I do love tragic fics, so I really enjoyed this one. Wow, you should do more downers. "I give it a 6. (What, not a 10?) Bro, it's all I got!" Lol, this was great.
Angels have fallen chapter 1 . 4/12/2005
this is sad, poor donnie, I love drama and romance it's so beautiful.
Only-eyes-for-Riddick chapter 1 . 12/1/2004
That was so good. I think I need a tissue...I have read this several times and I have decided to review. Everytime I read it, I feel like crying.

Reluctant Dragon chapter 1 . 8/8/2004
AW... most DEFINATELY going to go in my Favorite Stories list, AWESOME JOB!
WitchGirl chapter 1 . 8/2/2004
As promised, I'm reviewing. I read this a few days ago while scouting your page for Mikey hints. I didn't review then because I was lazy, but I'm doing it now because I feel it deserves it. Whether or not Don/April is a possible couple on the show/comic/movie is besides the point. Because in the world of Fan Fiction, everything's possible. And I think that Donatello's character was WONDERFULLY well written! As well, April's dialogue made me actually think of the character (I went through all the different Aprils of her time, lol, and settled on the one from the most recent series- was that your intention?) So basically, characterization wise, I think you captured everyone as if you were a camera taking a picture of their personas. Brilliant. Thank you for such a cute little look into Don's love life.
renmarper chapter 1 . 12/5/2003
Well written! Oh, the angst! Poor Don. But, what good would it have done if he did tell her? Can you just imagine your close friend coming up to you on the day of your wedding 'after the fact' and announce, "By the way, I happen to love you - ALOT!" Would ruin the day for the bride (or groom). So, fortunately, Don took the high road, showed some class, and probably grew up just a little bit more. Life is like that!
Wonderful allegory for said situation! I love lessons in fiction - easier to digest, me thinks, than a good lecture!
Keep writing - you have excellent sentence rhythm! My way of saying, enough long and short sentences to make reading a delight! :0)
One constructive note - and it's not that big of deal, okay. With my fanfics ( which I have yet to figure out how to submit them, BTW ) I try very hard not to repeat the same word (adjectives, etc...) too many times in close proximity to the last time I used 'em. I'm constantly going back to my on-line Merrick/Webster's thesaurus ( sp?) to avoid that. I'm sure you do, too, but it's just a little bitty JMT ( just my thought ) that I'm interjecting here. Don't throw anything at me, okay? You did well with this story in using a variety of words to say similar ideas. :0)
Dawnatella chapter 1 . 11/6/2003
That was a sweet crafted.
Zabbie Q chapter 1 . 9/2/2003
Cute. In the new show Donnie is a little sweet on April anyway. Raph says his skin gets clammier than usual whenever she's around. (Though he won't admit it.)
Ellie ET chapter 1 . 8/23/2003
Aw! *Cries* So sad, so beautiful, so romantic - oh, I need a good cry! *Goes off*

More fics, pardner! Let's have more!
Vespera1 chapter 1 . 8/22/2003
As always, you do fantastic work Jo Dawn.

I've fallen off on this whole reviewing thing, but that doesn't mean that I'm not reading it. This was well done, especially considering I'm not a big fan of songfics

Keep writing, I'm always happy to see more stuff from you.
Ramica chapter 1 . 8/20/2003
Nice but sort of bittersweet at the same time.

Poor Don but I can understand why he wouldn't want to admit to April what he is feeling about her on her big day.

I think April knows and is aware of some of those feelings for she does have a connection to Don too.