Reviews for Of Entwives and Sundering Seas
TheRoadgoeseverOnAndOn chapter 1 . 3/7/2012
A great story. Very well written.
HaMalka HaLevana chapter 1 . 6/1/2010
A wonderful short-fic, thanks for sharing!
kiwidynamite chapter 1 . 7/8/2006
Hm... I likes it...you really have a cool way of writing, like you understand what the author tries to convey or something, idk really. Anyway, gr8 work, I absolutely luv oneshots, as long as they're well written, which this definitely is!
Joyeee chapter 1 . 2/23/2006
Hi! this is a lovely, poetic, powerful story. You captured the language and point-of-view of the Ents so well, their lack of haste without being entirely inactive, their patience, and their deep connection with the earth.

And oh, to draw the parallel between himself and Fimbrethil, and Galadriel and Celeborn! Fangorn's answer a question with a question - how very "elvish!" (Or perhaps we should say elves are entish in this respect?) With one line each from Galadriel and Celeborn (their answers to Fangorn), you delineate them wonderfully - Galadriel's confidence, directness, and assertiveness, and Celeborn's more subtle surety.

And now I'm going to give up all attempt to sound intelligent! "Well I loved Fimbrethil; I did not ask her to stay. Well she loved me; she did not ask me to go." - That's such a tragic sort of love, but so_o_o_o_o_o_o beautiful!
Nelja chapter 1 . 9/27/2004
It was beautiful and interesting. I love all writing about Entwives, but this one was poetic, and everyone was in character. I loved it.
Raven Aorla chapter 1 . 9/20/2003
I like the conversation topic and the characters you chose. Celeborn, especially, gets so little attention. Please continue!
Sphinx chapter 1 . 9/18/2003
Its amazing just how much emotion you packed into so few words. So many people would need entire fics to express what you said in a vignette.

This was lovely. Not only for sheer accurateness in characterization, but the dialogue was compelling. The line - 'But all would wait; the world was never so hasty as it appeared' and the bit about unhasty and unmoving being different were masterpieces.

Galadriel was good...but Celeborn was the quiet scene stealer, as always. Excellent description of him in the beginning.

I adored the end...am such a sucker for angst.:)

Wish I could write like this.
RAM chapter 1 . 8/22/2003
This was probably the loveliest fanfiction vignette I have ever read. Truly. You captured Tolkien's world just perfectly - and so subtly. It felt like I was reading Tolkien.

Your little descriptions of Galadriel ("with a voice as soft as morning dew and merry as a swift stream") reminded me so much of Tolkien's seemingly contradictory descriptions of this wonderful character (by contradictory, I mean the way she is described as being both perilous and good, wise and yet merry as any hobbit lass - as Sam describes her to Faramir).

I love the fact that you have these immortals seek advice from the only creature who is older than they are. It makes perfect sense. And his final words to them are just gut-wrenchingly true.

Alas, Celeborn says these very words to Aragorn. Does that mean that he accepted the fact that his doom was to lose his treasure and never follow Galadriel to the Undying Lands? I guess we'll never know...
Marnie chapter 1 . 8/21/2003
Gorgeous! I've always thought Celeborn and Fangorn were alike in the way they allow their love for their own lands to seperate them from their wives, and it's nice to see it addressed. But I loved the way they hadn't talked about it :)

I loved too the way they remained, patiently waiting through Treebeard's naps - it's so very inhuman of all of them, and so right :)

And Treebeard is wonderfully tree-ish. 'Mudtoed-long-standing-stopped in starlight' is so lovely!

You know what I'm going to say next, I expect. *Please* can I put it on my site? We keep skirting round what it is that they did together, and one day someone will write it, but in the mean time these hints are just too gorgeous to let pass by.

Please?

BTW, thanks for the comments on 'Childhood Ends'. I had meant to have Celeborn in the position that Elrond was in re the Northern Dunedain, but Eldarion surprised me by being all political about it :)
stearchica chapter 1 . 8/20/2003
very good! i was also surprised at the comparison, but you are right! good work :)
Alice chapter 1 . 8/19/2003
Very cool. I never thought of the ents and entwives' seperation compared to Galadriel and Celeborn's seperation. Intrigueing idea.
Amashelle chapter 1 . 8/19/2003
This is wonderful! I think you really caught the feel of the characters and the setting.

"She is certain I will come. A moment ago I was certain she would stay." My favorite line, *s*