Reviews for The Smell of Rain
Oh. My. Gosh.

I know it's been a LONG while since you posted this, but you capture Linus as perfectly as you did this story, I couldn't help but ask: could you do a story on Sabrina through His POV? Even just doing some bits in between the scenes would be lovely; there are hardly any stories on this film, a real shame. I do wish you had done more on it. But never mind. Just a suggestion, if you're looking for inspiration for a new story.
StormDragonfly chapter 1 . 8/22/2014
Lovely. Thank you for writing this. The rain was very atmospheric.
Rebekah Kroeplin chapter 1 . 11/15/2012
Aw, that was so sweet! I absolutely love Linus and Sabrina. :) it was sad finding out their are so few fanfictions.
lakelady chapter 1 . 7/15/2012
I absolutely love this fic. Exceptionally written, and a fabulous fleshing-out of that sweet little vignette from one of my favorite movies.

This little anecdote actually comes off a bit treacly in the movie, but I love how you rescue it by suggesting that, for all of Sabrina's long-held fear of Linus, Wall Street Robber Baron Linus was-and still is-a bit terrified of this now grown up little girl!

I wish you'd write some more Sabrina fics.
Dr Spleenmeister chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
This is so sweet. I love this film, it's absolutely one of my favourites and so unfortunately underrated. I often tried to picture that memory while watching and you've captured my own imaginings so well here. Well done :)
sash queen of the jungle chapter 1 . 9/9/2011
Thanks for writing and sharing. Loved this film.
Verity Kindle chapter 1 . 7/20/2008
Heh..cool. I didn't know there were any Sabrina fics out there- this is the first one I've found. It's pretty good- I like the ambivalence of this, especially the very last part. He's trying to figure her out and he doesn't like to be confounded. )
Lattelady chapter 1 . 6/2/2008
Very nicely done. You picked up on a tiny slice of conversation and show us a past that reflects what is going on in the movie. Love it.
MaskedDevera chapter 1 . 7/2/2007
I love both of the versions of "Sabrina." Good character study of Linus. My favorite line is: "She's a woman now, but she

hasn't lost the innocent ability of a small child to cut with a

careless remark."
Araminta18 chapter 1 . 3/25/2007
This was wonderful! Well-written, and you capture Linus perfectly. I only wish there were more Sabrina fics...
Malvolia chapter 1 . 9/7/2006
This is a well-written, insightful character piece. Quite enjoyable.

I am glad I found your work. I'm looking forward to exploring more of it.
bloodtype.espresso chapter 1 . 10/23/2005
i liked this, i love that movie. how sad thaat in the original the linus guy hated audrey hepburn. oh well bye!
crazed-ink-slinger chapter 1 . 10/1/2005
I really liked it, twas sweet
Anonymous chapter 1 . 11/28/2004
I thought she was 14/15?

Anyway, thank you for writing this. That was part of the movie with the conversation about the "rainy day" is one of my favorite parts and I was upset at how movie didn't really go into it. YAY!
Muddles chapter 1 . 1/27/2004
:O He was 31 and she was 6? Whoa. Um, didn't know that. Guess it kind of makes sense... there's at least 15 years between them. Wow that just sounds so old. But anyway :) I love Sabrina and this was a nice little addition.