Reviews for The Smell of Rain
B chapter 1 . 2/28
Beautifully written. Good job!
Guest chapter 1 . 2/2/2015
Oh. My. Gosh.

I know it's been a LONG while since you posted this, but you capture Linus as perfectly as you did this story, I couldn't help but ask: could you do a story on Sabrina through His POV? Even just doing some bits in between the scenes would be lovely; there are hardly any stories on this film, a real shame. I do wish you had done more on it. But never mind. Just a suggestion, if you're looking for inspiration for a new story.
StormDragonfly chapter 1 . 8/22/2014
Lovely. Thank you for writing this. The rain was very atmospheric.
Casey Winters chapter 1 . 11/15/2012
Aw, that was so sweet! I absolutely love Linus and Sabrina. :) it was sad finding out their are so few fanfictions.
lakelady chapter 1 . 7/15/2012
I absolutely love this fic. Exceptionally written, and a fabulous fleshing-out of that sweet little vignette from one of my favorite movies.

This little anecdote actually comes off a bit treacly in the movie, but I love how you rescue it by suggesting that, for all of Sabrina's long-held fear of Linus, Wall Street Robber Baron Linus was-and still is-a bit terrified of this now grown up little girl!

I wish you'd write some more Sabrina fics.
Dr Spleenmeister chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
This is so sweet. I love this film, it's absolutely one of my favourites and so unfortunately underrated. I often tried to picture that memory while watching and you've captured my own imaginings so well here. Well done :)
sash queen of the jungle chapter 1 . 9/9/2011
Thanks for writing and sharing. Loved this film.
Verity Kindle chapter 1 . 7/20/2008
Heh..cool. I didn't know there were any Sabrina fics out there- this is the first one I've found. It's pretty good- I like the ambivalence of this, especially the very last part. He's trying to figure her out and he doesn't like to be confounded. )
Lattelady chapter 1 . 6/2/2008
Very nicely done. You picked up on a tiny slice of conversation and show us a past that reflects what is going on in the movie. Love it.
MaskedDevera chapter 1 . 7/2/2007
I love both of the versions of "Sabrina." Good character study of Linus. My favorite line is: "She's a woman now, but she

hasn't lost the innocent ability of a small child to cut with a

careless remark."
Araminta18 chapter 1 . 3/25/2007
This was wonderful! Well-written, and you capture Linus perfectly. I only wish there were more Sabrina fics...
Malvolia chapter 1 . 9/7/2006
This is a well-written, insightful character piece. Quite enjoyable.

I am glad I found your work. I'm looking forward to exploring more of it.
bloodtype.espresso chapter 1 . 10/23/2005
i liked this, i love that movie. how sad thaat in the original the linus guy hated audrey hepburn. oh well bye!
crazed-ink-slinger chapter 1 . 10/1/2005
I really liked it, twas sweet
Anonymous chapter 1 . 11/28/2004
I thought she was 14/15?

Anyway, thank you for writing this. That was part of the movie with the conversation about the "rainy day" is one of my favorite parts and I was upset at how movie didn't really go into it. YAY!