Reviews for A Joy Like Swords
Frodo Silverlune chapter 1 . 11/1/2005
um, well, I have much to say, but in the end I was rather disappointed. i decided to read this story because it was the only one that didn't have 'slash' in teh description, but unfortunately once a slash writer, always a slash writer i suppose. how unfortunate. the story was wonderful until...they had sex. i wonder why so many people think that if you love someone you love them romantically, or that romance is the fullfillment of love? i suppose it's because of uncertainty and so many different 'opinions' about how people should love each other. makes me sad, really. i hope this doesn't seem like flame, because you have an excellent writing style, but like Harry Potter it's the subject matter that concerns me and detains me from reading more of your stories. how unfortunate. ah well, what you write is your choice. i would ask, however, that you do denote there is slash in this story on the summary. thanks.

Disappointed- FB87
a beautiful elf chapter 1 . 8/19/2005
Please warn people if it's slash.
thejokess chapter 1 . 5/20/2004
This was a beautiful story- loved the analogy.
starra chapter 1 . 12/15/2003
that was a very cute story! well written too! good job!
TTTurtle chapter 1 . 11/7/2003
I love all your stories, but this is one of my favourites which I go back and read while impatiently waiting for another good story to come along.

All your stories show such love and care!

Frodo and Sam have always been my favourite characters, and to be frank, they are what makes LOTR the story it is, and the reason I go back and read it again and again.

My thanks must go to you for 'filling out between the lines' which is how I think of these stories, and for having such a deep understanding of what matters in life.

Keep writing please...you have a fantastic talent!
Baranwyn chapter 1 . 10/15/2003
oh, that's so lovely. and it's nice and long too. a good story only gets better with length. i hope you write the rest of the series. i'll be looking out for them.
Jubilee3 chapter 1 . 9/7/2003
Wow. Just wow. This is an incredibly beautiful fic. I love how you eased Frodo and Sam to the place where they could finally let go together. *Happy sigh* Too lovely.
Ron's Girl chapter 1 . 9/4/2003
What a beautiful, beautiful story. You've captured the characters so well. Frodo's angst, Sam's protectiveness... and I especially love all the cuddly F/S moments :D. You are fast becoming one of my favorite writers!
Isildae chapter 1 . 8/28/2003
As the title suggests Euro, this piece is piercing.

Your writing is so true to what we know as Tolkien, and we love it all the more for that.

Now Euro I must ask, do you have anything published out there? If not, why not?
Squirrel chapter 1 . 8/24/2003
What can I say? - Beautiful!
Amrunofthesummercountry chapter 1 . 8/22/2003
Oh...that was so beautiful. Perfectally in canon, wonderfully written, fantastic description (as usual.) I loved this, very, very much. Thank you much for writing such a lovely thing.