Reviews for A River in Egypt
saucydeviant chapter 1 . 8/19/2007
This was a fun little read. I enjoyed it. Recently watched The Mummy Returns and was in search for some good fics. This one is definitely one of them. I checked out your profile too. Wow. You certainly do write a lot:) Kudos to you, lots of them are in some of my top favorite fandoms too:) It's definitely an awesome thing to see someone write so much so well:) Continue the awesome work and maybe I'll check out some of your other stuff sometime.
Just My Heart chapter 1 . 5/13/2005
Read it. Reviewed it. Loved it.
livingdeadgirl chapter 1 . 2/12/2004
*drools - struck dumb* Wow...
This is...wow. Your characterizations are better than the films! I felt so much for Anck...wow. Man, just - wow.
Ernestine chapter 1 . 10/12/2003
Well, it's obvoius that she's going to give in to him. Back to the point: brilliant.
Beauty chapter 1 . 9/26/2003
WOW! I was totally blown over by the content of this story! It was so well written and I usually don't read stories with Anck-su-namun and Imhotep, but this one convinced me that I might as well try some more... WRITE ANOTHER CHAPTER!
emerald-hopes chapter 1 . 8/28/2003
I really like this story! I just recently saw The Mummy for the first time and loved it, so I'm looking for stories on FFN now. I'm going to go read your others now. Good job!
Lady Discord chapter 1 . 8/24/2003
Hey there!

The story is absolutely superb and I can hardly wait for an update. You have such great talent at writing, the way you describe the settings, the atmosphere and people’s feelings.

Also, the thing I love the most in the entire world is Ancient Egypt so please write more soon.
Nakhti chapter 1 . 8/23/2003
OO, youre a bit of a writer, arent you? i know everyone thinks they are, but youre not kidding yourself, are you?

i loved this bit, because it seemed ambiguous to me;

Except for one other, but he was Seti’s chief advisor and priest. What did a priest care? He had power and influence, prestige, the pharaoh’s ear. And freedom.

The only thing she wanted, he had it.

what does she mean, i wonder? either the only thing she wants is freedom, and the priest has it, or since the pharaoh has just been mentioned maybe she is refering to him- the only thing she wants is the priest, and seti has 'it', implying Imhotep is just another thing at seti's disposal like anck-su-namun herself. perhaps both are true- thats what i mean by writing! you make your reader work for the meaning- go girl!

All that she wanted, but never received from the man who pronounced her his favorite and highest of concubines. She could not deny him for long. But she could deny herself almost no more.

i really love the way you set it at breaking point, as if the meeting we see in TM could have been their first such encounter, the moment they finally give in.

whoa, right more!
nefertirioc chapter 1 . 8/22/2003
Wow, wonderful chapter I truly enjoyed it! You have a really great way with words...such flow...such descriptions! I envy you! Hehe, this was my favorite line... I dunno why, it just seemed SO powerful..

She was a whore, and a fighter.

Please update soon :-)

**lauren
knuffelinchen chapter 1 . 8/22/2003
Hey, didn't expect a review from me for that did you? But I've seen both of the movies and I simply loved them.

Your view onto the story is different to how I thought it to be especially after seeing 'The Mummy Returns' and seeing how Anck-su-namun acts but nevertheless I like it very much. Mostly because of the style. It's very well written.

Ok long review, I'll stop now.

CU