Reviews for The Third
AuthorSwimmerPoet chapter 1 . 3/6/2009
Okay I really liked this one too, but what was with the comment about Egwene at the end. Do you have something against her? And which lover do you mean she has several fancies of the guy she would like. I'm really curious to know why you think she deserves to die so ruthlessly, so if you don't mind please write back. If not...well oh well, I guess, I can't force you, but anyway good story. that was pretty much Nynaeve to a "t".

AuthorSwimmerPoet
zebrasdancing chapter 1 . 11/2/2008
nice
Mashiara No More chapter 1 . 4/10/2008
Hm... Perhaps I read too much into that comment about the hooves. It just instantly made me connect the two scenes together: the one in the book and this one. But as I read over both just now, I saw that this might have been an altogether separate moment you created.

If you did use the hooves line to connect the two scenes, I think that was subtle and brilliant. And if not, I still think this story is a perfect complement to that moment with Nynaeve in the field in the book.

OK, I'm done now. I promise. :)
Mashiara No More chapter 1 . 4/10/2008
I'm assuming that you made the choice to have Nynaeve still pregnant at the very end because Lan never named the baby in the book. I always assumed he didn't get the chance, though: the conversation moved away from such things. I never thought it was because the child wasn't born.

But regardless, the story is wonderful: so alive and real. Thanks so much for sharing your vision with us all!
Mashiara No More chapter 1 . 4/10/2008
This is a lovely story that captures the feel of the characters we know and love so well. You truly are a fine writer of WoT fanfic.

The one thing that doesn't really work for me is the fact that Nynaeve is still pregnant in that last little bit at the end, with the sound of hooves. At least, I think she is, since she refers to still needing to have a talk with Sharina. It seems that the last part is an extension of the same day that makes up the majority of the story, yes?

I never got that from the books-that she was pregnant, I mean-even though it isn't spelled out for us. It definitely seemed to me that the child had already been born: he/she just happened to be the only child of theirs who could properly still be called a babe.
Ginny chapter 1 . 2/24/2008
Aw! Cute story!
Amyrlin Egwene chapter 1 . 8/17/2007
It was written very beautifully. Reminds me of all the reasons I love Nynaeve.
arbitraryink chapter 1 . 4/22/2007
Okay. So. You definitely need some more reviews on this, because it's well-written and enjoyable to read.

Most Wheel of Time fics out there are frumpy and ill-written, and often consist of either blocks of text or a maximum of one hundred words. This story that you've written is a step above standard, and I'm impressed with it.

I especially enjoyed the children peppering their mother with questions, asking her to verify different things that Birgitte let slip. Birgitte is my favourite character in the Wheel of Time series, and it would be just like her to spread such stories from Nynaeve's past. Their relationship always makes me smile.

The only thing I want to draw your attention to is the paragraph in which you talk about Sharina as the Aes Sedai advisor to the king - it's confusing, as you refer to both Sharina and Nynaeve as 'she.' I had to read it three times just to make sure I knew who was being described at each spot.

I'm a little bit apprehensive to start on your other fic, the Family of the Golden Crane, because I'm not sure whether it'll be as well written or as in-character as this was. Still, I hope to click the link within the next week.

Anyway. This review is long enough already. 'The Third' was a lovely read, and I look forward to reading more from you in the future.
Nynaeve80 chapter 1 . 3/14/2006
LOVED IT! Please write more! I know Lan's POV is difficult, but after reading this story, I have faith you'll do a great job!
robyn chapter 1 . 3/22/2005
i loved the story, it was really 've got a brilliant style and it's just like R.J's. i think you've described Nyn really well.

look forward 2 reading more 4rom u!

*hope there's more Lan though!* ;)
ysabelle chapter 1 . 12/28/2004
hey, this is great! I love the way you wrote it and the ending! Great work! I wish I could write like that! Nynaeve and Lan rules by the way, they're perfect for each other (and I'm willing to wrestle with anyone who doesn't think so..lolz ;P)

Keep up the good work!
Gwylym chapter 1 . 8/2/2004
very nice! you mentioned more ideas?

can i have some more, please?
discordchick chapter 1 . 5/8/2004
HEY! I love this story! It's so funny and so wonderful! PLEASE PLEASE UPDATE SOON! I update my stories slow too but I remember to get something out at least every 2 months (most people do it in weeks) so PLEASE! GIVE ME MORE NYNAEVE AND LAN! _
Chailyn Cole Runewood chapter 1 . 2/27/2004