Reviews for Outside
Blue Eyes At Night chapter 1 . 4/20/2005
a very nice insight to Im.; thought he and Anck aren't my favorites, i like how you've presented them...especially in this you've done him a service in making him human
livingdeadgirl chapter 1 . 2/12/2004
Loved how you used these lyrics. Lots of people have used this song but you really did well with it. The end was especially paradoxy! He'll save her but she'll destroy him - so true. Love it muchly!
Ernestine chapter 1 . 10/12/2003
Engaging.
hepburn-monroe chapter 1 . 10/1/2003
She would be his downfall.

And he would be her savior.

- that's a really sweet ending. Well done, it's a great story :) I'm not a huge fan of Imhotep but this is a great story and really well written. Congratulations.
emerald-hopes chapter 1 . 8/28/2003
Truly exceptional. Very powerful. I like your descriptions; keep up the good work.
Nakhti chapter 1 . 8/23/2003
Once again some really nice lines form a writer who knows how to do irony;

Always in control of herself, the only control she had.

its true that as long as we are the masters of ourselves, we will never be slaves- i think those words might have been spoken by the wisest of all men, Socrates

The forbidden, tasted. The pleasure felt, the damage done. It was not a mistake.

oo, very powerful- love the idea of destructive pleasure, and could this be just a little reference to a cetain eve and her certain forbidden apple tasting antics?

He had hurt, as she made him leave, as she once again shut herself off, tore away from his warmth.

him being denied her love reminds me of the way eve was cast out of eden, but this time it is the man who succumbs, and the woman who expels him from paradise...

am i looking too deep here?

She would go to Seti’s bed tonight, to be rewarded.

To be punished.

antithesis shown in split perspective- cool stylistic device!

i loved the way you used the elements to describe their natures, because it captures the duality in their personalities so well; Fire and stone.

ok, just when i thought it couldnt get any better, you go and spring this line on me;

She would be his downfall.

And he would be her savior.

so simple, so ironic, yet so true! it anticipates his punishment, and the day he will resurrect her. you totally rock!