Reviews for I'll Meet You By The Third Pyramid
blueyblonde chapter 1 . 8/30/2009
i love it
Hazmatt chapter 1 . 4/25/2008
Wonderful story! I really enjoyed it! You completely captured their personalities! I just finished watching the Mummy when I happened across this story! How's that for lucky timing?
mummy lover chapter 1 . 7/13/2004
this was a very good story. keep up the good work and please write some more.:)
Marcher chapter 1 . 10/28/2003
That was really very good. True characterizations, great descriptive, fun and funny. I enjoyed this very much. Thanks.
Buffelyn chapter 1 . 8/27/2003
Well written, fun :) Great job!

~Buff :)
Lovisa Devereux chapter 1 . 8/27/2003
excellent story! Wonderful ending...is that jonathan selling the anubis statues? Naughty bugger!
EvelynC.O chapter 1 . 8/26/2003
Wow. That was really good! I love the way you explained things...so much detail! If only I had such talent. lol You had the characters down perfectly and that was very well done!
nefertirioc chapter 1 . 8/26/2003
Great story! I really enjoyed this! I love Rick and Evie stuff, you know just them. With like Rick's smart mouth and Evie's quick responses...'They are, how you say, 'two pods in a pea.' heheh

"You don't want to startle it," she said absently, discovering a hand-sized flat rock.

"Disturb what?"

"The spider."

"Honey? What spider?"

She crept closer to him, watching it watch her. It was about the size of her fist, and a darkly matte black. It had been in the webs, and come down with them-Evelyn had a feeling it had probably created some of the ones he was wearing. She stopped as she got within touching distance and took careful aim.

"OW!" He spun around and glared at her while she studied the stone. "What was that for?"

She held it up, letting the light catch the still moving pieces of spider. He blinked, then looked down at the cobwebs. "Oh my God!" He turned away from her, frantically pulling at the webs. "Get 'em off me, Evie!"

Hahaha, how come I can see Rick frantically pulling at these webs while Evie's standing there sighing at his attempts! It's cause your such a great writer! I really think you should do more and soon!

**Lauren
SailorShipper chapter 1 . 8/25/2003
I just adoor this story. You did a great job with the characters, as well as have a great plot! Hope to see more from you.

:-D
A. Windsor chapter 1 . 8/25/2003
lol! such a funny story! all the perfect elements of a Mummy story. Awesome job!
Nakhti chapter 1 . 8/25/2003
i know this ones gonna be good, because instead of just 'he pointed at his neck', you write;

He pointed at the strong sun-bronzed column that topped the open white shirt.

wow, what an evocative description! i love this story already.

it also has just the right kind of tongue in cheek tone for the Muumy, especially with bits like this;

It was the sort of cave all dig sites are required to have.

perhaps poking a little fun at the conventionality of generic hollywood 'archaeological dig' sets?

the action is so well described, so that i can see everything happening in my mind. i get the whole Indianna Jonesiness of the death disk whizzing across the corridor!

After turning it upright, she poked Rick. "Give me your gun."

"Why?"

"I'm going to use the firing spark to relight the lantern."

oh, evelyn is so smart! but just a few steps behind me, who had already decided to do that as soon as the lamp fell...oh, im so smart! and as you wrote it, i guess that makes you pretty smart too! women are so resourceful...

"Yes... Rick, this is almost as good as a treasure trove. People, from different times, different periods..."

hahaha! evy does dream about dead guys, after all! i always wondered why she didnt get more excited about the skeletons they found at Ahm shere. i mean, if an archaeologist had just stumbled upon the bodies of roman legions and napoleonic soldiers, wouldnt that constitute a pretty amazing find?

anyway, i salute you for having a true archaeological spirit and recognising the value of such evidence!

"Irritating man."

He stepped towards her, "But you love me anyway."

"As if I had a choice," she replied with a sniff.

"You know, if I'm going to die in the next few minutes..."

She narrowed her eyes at him as he stepped closer. "Yes?"

"I think I deserve a kiss."

oh, so like them! you display their characters so well in their verbal duelling...im a bit jealous (of your writing as well as Evy for having such a yummy hubby)

and i LOVE how you portrayed Jonathan! always the reluctant rescuer, and every bit the scoundrel...bravo!

are you gonna write any more fics like this? i think knowledge of egyptology is pretty irrelevant when you can write this well!