Reviews for The Beginner's Guide To Blowing Things Up
NeverTooMuchInspiration chapter 1 . 9/5/2014
That explains the ribbon, but not really the sign on his back. I would actually quite like to read the rest of that "Beginner's Guide..." as it seemed like it could be a very interesting insight into the day-to-day life of the Enterprise's crew, with plenty of comedic bits of course. Nicely written!
LoyaulteMeLie chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
Awww! That's really sweet! (But I hope the shotgun works!)
Mary chapter 1 . 1/8/2011
Your lead in to the story and setup of this wondrous book for Malcolm was rivetting. However then everything just fell flat. No book just a contrived meeting and presentation of a gift. I feel disappointed.
Random Stuff About Stuff chapter 1 . 1/19/2007
Is it really, really odd that this scenario seems like something that would happen to me? And I don't even blow things up... I have weird friends.

Great job. Loved how everyone pitched in, even if they didn't really write anything.

Hilarious.

Keep writing

-Random
IchthusFish chapter 1 . 2/21/2006
I absolutely loved this. Malcolm is one of my favorite characters and you have written him really well. Actually, you wrote them all really well.

I was hoping for more of "The Beginer's Guide To Blowing things Up", especially chapters 9 and 12. Archer's forward was really nice though. Especially this line:

** The ideal officer will have a clear passion for firearms and weaponry of any kind, and will most likely take this to the extent of insisting that a small team of less than two dozen can build two phase cannons from scratch in less than two weeks, and to the extreme of erecting these cannons in forty-eight hours. **

hehe... loving it )
Buckmane chapter 1 . 1/16/2006
Oh, I hit Jupiter when i read the bit bout the ol' fashioned labelling conducted by the one and only Trip Tucker. Sky rocket...TLI has out done herself on this stretch of green. :D:D
Rufwardo chapter 1 . 2/28/2005
ROTFLMAO. Please, I'm begging you, write the other chapters! They sound so funny! It was great. keep up the good work. :D
Rinne chapter 1 . 8/26/2004
Very nice! I really laughed at that... The sign on his back was just plain mean though :-)
anon3908 chapter 1 . 12/1/2003
Very funny and well written! I loved the table of contents! Maybe one day you'll actually write it? Anyway good job! I really enjoyed both this story and many of your others.
Phaser Lady chapter 1 . 10/12/2003
Oh, that was great. I read the contents and was rolling. Priceless. Too bad it was never actually written...(any adventurous writers out there?)

Very cute story. Sweet too. Not to mention funny. Great job.
soultoast chapter 1 . 10/7/2003
Aw! I really wanted to read that book! Especially the chapeter about uses for phasers. But alas, it was not meant to be. But the story was really good, and an interesting insight into Malcolm's mind.
Visage chapter 1 . 10/7/2003
Aw! That was Great! _ I loved this! I was curious as to what the "ribbon on top" was as well. My favorite part had to be the Table of contents (expecially number 9) Targeting Scanners. _) This was absolutely clever, and I think it would have been interesting if you would have been able to write the entire book! (That would be an interesting spin off... Hm... _) The only think I didn't understand was the significance of the sign on Malcolm's back (besides comic releif... I think it just went over my head... _) Still... Awesome job. Keep up the great work!

~*Visage*~
Bladefanatic chapter 1 . 10/2/2003
Very cool story! I would love love love to read what Hoshi and the others wrote in their chapters! You could make a new chapter for each person's "chapter" in Malcolm's present!

Pleas write more!
Moriwen chapter 1 . 9/6/2003
I'm just curious as to what he's going to need a shotgun for...

Good story, especially the chipmunk.
Spookyslayer chapter 1 . 9/5/2003
Girl,

the story was really great! I love the title, the characterization of Malcolm is perfect, it's funny and the Mal/Trip friendship thing is as sweet as always in your stories. (Yeah yeah, I know.)

But I do really hope, you are writing on a sequel at the moment! (Okay, I know you are at college right now, but nevertheless I DO hope)

I so wanna know what Jon, Trip, Hoshi, Travis and Phlox would write in their parts of the guide. Please! *Making big round puppy eyes*.

By the way, my favourite part was:

"Mornin', Malcolm!" "Good morning, Trip," He had learned (the hard way) not to address the chief engineer by his formal rank before 1100 hours."

Hehe, love that. (And I think you know why :-D )

So, think I have to go now.

To sum things up: It was great, funny, sweet and I think Malcolm Reed would like the most beautiful double-barreled shotgun... with a ribbon on the top. Of course.

So, greetings and kisses