Reviews for The Spirits Within
reminiscent-afterthought chapter 12 . 1/22/2013
My favourite bit about this story is, funnily enough, Witchmon’s character. While she was certainly a pitiable character at the start, you’ve built her and her relationship with both sides quite nicely and complexly, so it’s interesting to think of what that will lead to in the future (assuming you continue this fic). Your summary was a little oddly worded though, seeing as Witchmon hasn’t exactly proven herself trustworthy or untrustworthy – in fact, I’d say trust has very little to do with her allegiance or how both sides perceive her. And certainly the twins didn’t appear worried about walking into a trap; they seemed more concerned that she would get them lost. So yeah, trust is a bit of an odd term for that. The plot is also nicely developed; the chapters are a little longer than normally expected for a site like this, but definitely worth it.

What I found a little disappointing was the development of some of the main characters and relationships that were important in canon and expected to be further explored. The first thing is you never really mentioned what happened to the spirits. They had a physical form when the gang (minus Koichi) left the Digital World but, apart from that they’re not with the gang and a few comments like how Ranamon would be helpful to put out the fire, they haven’t really been mentioned. I would think somebody (Takuya seems most likely) would have questioned what happened to them. Next thing was leaving their families behind; although barely any time passed the last time, what guarantee did they have that the same thing would happen again? It’s not like they determined the time differences like they did in Digimon Adventure (not on screen anyway) and the phone call implies the times couldn’t be too different at this stage, if not synchronised. So I would expect some reflection on how they felt leaving their families behind voluntarily this time…as none of them had really intended to be so far away from home for a long (figurative) time. Then there was Koichi and Cherubimon which I thought could have gone a little slower, and perhaps it might have been a good idea to show a few others as well. Not conventional ones that have already been well explored in canon like Tommy and the Toucanmon, or Koji and Gotsumon, or Zoe and the Floramon, but some of the other characters that were a little more obscure. It would be a stretch of imagination, but for example you could have thrown in Tommy and Asuramon, or some of the less obscure ones like Zoe and JP with that Tsunemon (? Spelling) that could evolve into Gabumon. And JP’s friend, from the time he found his spirit. It was a really good chance to explore these things before throwing the gang into adventure, since that would provide a basis and then pave the way for development throughout the adventures. Also, Koichi gaining his artefact didn’t seem to change him in any way – he certainly didn’t show any aptitude or attraction to music before, so you could have worked some subtlety with sound in previous chapters like you did JP and Tommy and to an extent Takuya. Although he just got his artefact so there is some room for that, like with Koji’s case, but Koichi’s my favourite character so I couldn’t help but feel that scene, without any support from a next chapter, to be a little disappointing. Also, I see no point in telling us early on that Lilithmon is the villain here, since she barely plays a name-saking role. I think she would have been more effective as a mystery character.

This is all me nitpricking though, because you’re one of my favourite writers on here.
goldiemew chapter 12 . 5/15/2012
have to say after waiting 7 YEARS, i have to day goodbye to this story, good luck in your other fics
ggirl chapter 12 . 4/5/2012
love the twist in this chapter.

Hope You can finish this story!
Dannichigo chapter 12 . 7/1/2011
OMG. Why are all of the good Digimon fanfics pretty much dead for 5 years or more? Please get back on this! I want to know what happens! Please? TT
ggirl chapter 12 . 5/12/2011
Sorry to say this again but

WILL U PLS UPDATE THIS STORY!

IT JUST GOT INTERESTING!
ggirl chapter 12 . 3/5/2011
Hey, am not a a registered member of fan fiction yet, but i will soon be.

Listen, I Love your stories. I read some while waiting for this to upload. This is a great story with a beautiful plot and it needs a conclusion. This was one of the first stories i read when a found the fan fiction site. I forgot where I read it and found it 2-3 years later. Continue this story, there are a lot of people who want to see where this story goes and add a twist or two.

If you don't plan on finishing, just put up a notice so that I can quit hoping for an ending. no pressure ok! bring in new ones!
Blaze Snow chapter 12 . 3/12/2010
Lithmon, being a utimate level, is too powerful for child level digimon(Flamon, Mushimon, Choumon and Samuimon) to fight, are going to evolve to higher levels? Did you come up with the fabled atrifacts yourself?

Love ya loads

Fighter
Gamin24601 chapter 1 . 12/15/2009
I have just read chapter 12. Brilliant! Your story-telling skills are amazing. I love digimon and this is a brilliant contiuation. Can't wait for the next chapter!
ggirl chapter 1 . 12/5/2009
when r u going to update this story

i am dying to know what happens after takuya found his sword

i got a feeling witchmon has ths shroud of life

dont u agree?
QueenofDarkRoses chapter 12 . 6/3/2009
this story is just awesome! A real sequel to the Digimon Frontier series indeed!

I hope you will finish it someday.
TobiGB chapter 12 . 3/16/2009
I have to say that was an amazeing story! Will kouji and kouichi beable to spirit evolve too? I look forward to your next work :)
Dajira chapter 1 . 3/18/2008
This is truly a great story. I really love it. I've read it like ten times now, lol. This is a true sequel to the Digimon Frontier series, and once again you had everyone in perfect characterization. I just adore Witchmon and I'm a bit anxious to see what happens to her after the end of chapter 12. And I'm also curious as to what's going to happen to the Legendary Warriors next, and what Lilithmon and Wisemon are planning to do. I hope whenever you're able to do that you can continue this story one day. And thanks a lot for creating such a wonderful story. _
chi chan24 chapter 12 . 3/7/2008
please hurry up with the next chapter! i really like this chapter!
Negima Uzumaki chapter 12 . 12/15/2007
I just love this fic so far, Flamon is my favorite Digimon from Season 4, please update sometime soon I just got to know what happens next to them.
chi chan24 chapter 1 . 11/26/2007
I really love this story! Especially since you pay attention to all the characters and not just one! This story is like it's the sequel of the real one!