Reviews for The Time For Change Is Now
Cecilebakura chapter 24 . 12/9/2019
I’ve come back here after soooooo many years just to re read and yeah. Hurts as much as I remember (in a good way) the angst is amazing and I really love this fic.
I’m sad at some of the reviews I saw. Like.
Let the author do. What they want? Some people are so bitter they can’t let a good thing happen. And this fic was truly good.
Thank you for writing as much as you have cause wow your other fics be good too.
I hope you’re doing well.
fake fic review chapter 13 . 7/30/2018
Hello,
Might I recommend tagging this fic as JJ/Dee? To each their own, you're welcome to write what you want, but I (and probably other readers) probably would've REALLY appreciated the tag.

I started reading because I liked the Ryo/Dee interactions; it's nice to see Ryo a little jealous and working through his feelings. Ryo can be a bit of a jerk for never giving Dee a firm answer for quite a long time... but Dee can ALSO be a bit of a jerk for the level of pressure he puts on Ryo and there can be serious consent issues with some of his approaches; he doesn't always respect Ryo's boundaries. I like that they can balance each other out- Dee learns to respect that not everything can always go exactly his way, but Ryo also gets the push he needs to emotionally express himself.

Anyway, I'm telling you this, because I skipped from 13 to 23/24 when it became, without a sliver of doubt, that you were clearly going the JJ/Dee route, because of your characterization and vindication of JJ in particular, your positioning of Ryo... and to be honest, the fact that you kept begging people to read because the pairing shouldn't matter if the reader was already enjoying it. The thing is... it DOES kind of matter.

I enjoyed Ryo being a little bit jealous when it helped him come to terms with himself, and if it gave Dee reassurance that he is loved, and helped them move forward in their relationship. However, this jealousy almost... punishes Ryo, for being slow to come to terms with himself. Now that I realize what's happening, and that it's pushing Dee towards JJ so that Ryo is in a "regret what he lost, because he was too late" situation... I don't enjoy this at all.

I would've really appreciated the Dee/JJ tag. There's even other ways to avoid spoilers if you want the surprise- withhold it from the fic, but tell people that if they really want to know, it's on your profile. Or even tag both pairings in the summary. I get the feeling you didn't want to say so, because you knew you'd lose a chunk of your reader base if you told them it was Dee/JJ. But it wasn't completely clear how intense this love triangle was going to get until last chapter.

Anyway, it's not my cup of tea so I'm not going to keep reading, but I hope you have a good afternoon. Best of luck if you ever decide to finish this!
Jollyolly chapter 12 . 2/23/2016
Well, having the JJ/Dee scene...yup. Not gonna read anymore. And I get where you going with this...hence, so many years later. BUT, that scene just gave me the heebiejeebies. SO...I know you're not gonna continue this. BUT had to say it. Plus, now the reviews are at a nice, round number. :)
Jollyolly chapter 1 . 2/23/2016
I just discovered this story and sad to see that it's not complete. Oh well. I'll read it anyway...
Cecilebakura chapter 24 . 8/30/2012
I'm so much in love with this, I ended up reading all of it in one sitting when I should be sleeping.. Then I see this hasn't been updated since 2009 AND that this isn't the last chapter. I would love to see how this wonderful work ends, and I would love to see DeexJJ.
SillyWilly92 chapter 24 . 10/24/2011
i love your story! its sooo full of suprises! you always have me on my toes! never stop writing you are amazing!
Rainbowsharpies chapter 24 . 5/12/2010
WHAT. THAT WASN'T AN ENDING. D: I am very angry right now. I need a cigarette. Shiiit.

This is going to be one of those epic unfinished stories that I will never be able to stop thinking about, isn't it? Goodness.
Rainbowsharpies chapter 23 . 5/12/2010
Oh. SHIT. I can't wait to see this. But really Ryo, what'd you expect? He thought you were gone forever! Did you really expect him to wait around, just in case when tasty JJ is ready and waiting for him? Not to mention he was hurting and should logically get a free pass.

And Dee! Stop being so honest! Gah! Lying is not good but sometimes it can be better than telling the straight truth! Ryo prolly would've preferred if you'd just lied, or at least sugar coated it! Is that noble or stupid?
Rainbowsharpies chapter 17 . 5/12/2010
damn, that just makes it hurt even more seeing how cute they actually are together.
Rainbowsharpies chapter 16 . 5/12/2010
omgsh wow. That was the most intense chapter yet. I did of want JJ and Dee to just be /happy/ together. I really did. But at the same time, I know that JJ is right. This is how it has to be and I just hope this will have at least a semi happy ending for them. And I am so nervous to read the rest of this just because I KNOW in my heart that Dee is going to tell Ryo what happened. I wouldn't tell him! Hell no! But Dee is going to, and that is one of the main things that actually sets us apart. And I have a feeling this isn't going to sit well with Ryo, but it's his own damn fault and Dee had every right. Ryo is a little bitch. But. I love him anyway, and it figures.
Rainbowsharpies chapter 15 . 5/12/2010
omg wow. I was very happy that they actually did it. I was kind of hoping they would just live happily ever after, but now...I'm not so sure! This is a rollercoaster! I got up to take a break and I felt so confused and depressed I thought 'damn, I need to see a shrink sometime' and then I remembered I wasn't sad for me, I was sad for thisstory. XD What am I going to say to my shrink? 'so I've been reading this fanfiction and it's really got me confused...Dee and Ryo are my OTP and all, but JJ just really deserves this...theres a pill for that, right?' XD
Rainbowsharpies chapter 14 . 5/12/2010
I am uncomfortably familiar with everything Dee is feeling. .

And at this point I almost hope Dee does end up with JJ just because Ryo is being a little bitch and JJ and Dee just have so much more in common. Don't get me wrong, I'm still an avid DeeXRyo supporter, but in this particular story I have no choice but to prefer JJ. Ryo just reminds me...TOO much. Of someone I knew. Someone who strung me along for years and made me vulnerable when I was very uncomfortable feeling that way and was always trying to change me and keeping me there just in case nothing better came along...Unlike JJ who truly loves Dee for who he is, quirks and all, and actually has things in common with Dee and just wants to be HAPPY (like someone I'm fond of now) and doesn't feel the need to always be analyzing things and be in a constant state of turmoil. Fuck.
Rainbowsharpies chapter 13 . 5/12/2010
T.T I was very interested in how someone could actually write a DeeXJJ story and make me believe it. It just seemed like a novel idea...But...T.T I'm so attached to the way you write these characters. They are so real and relatable and three dimensional, and while I feel deeply for JJ, I am finding myself really hoping that this ends up DeeXRyo. It just has to. Even though Ryo is being even more difficult than usual, there's just something about them that reminds me of something I had once and they've kind of become my blueprint for love. DX GIVE ME DEE AND RYO. Or not. Still interested either way and I would love for JJ to be happy as well.
Rainbowsharpies chapter 12 . 5/12/2010
Woww I really felt for JJ in this one. To think he was actually finally getting what he wanted must have just bee n the most intense feeling in the world (especially since he has Dee on a pedastal) and then to have it all abruptly end...Ouuchie.
Rainbowsharpies chapter 11 . 5/12/2010
Weird, I've always been able to relate to Dee on some level, but the predicament you have him in here practically makes me feel like we're the same person. If I go into exactly why I feel that way I may just share a littleee tmi in a naughty and un naughty way, so I'll just leave it at that. XD