Reviews for A Haven from the Storm
Quiet Librarian chapter 22 . 11/22/2011
Your story is good! If you can, please continue matter how long I'll have to wait, I always support you!
Calypso Tea chapter 22 . 8/14/2008
Wow! 22 chapters and we're only just starting Summer. Haven is a fantastic story, very fluid and engaging. You really bring all the characters to life with their own personalities. I loved the inclusion of astrology (even if I disagreed with a couple of choices), and am really sorry that there's no more to read as of yet. Shame on you for leaving us hanging! _
Beserkians fury chapter 22 . 3/6/2008
I love this story! I'm favin it!
Captain Deadpool chapter 18 . 10/19/2007
A great story, but I feel you could have been a bit more adventurous. I'm using rather higher standards than I use for most other fics, mind you.
Dragonmaster TC chapter 1 . 9/13/2007
Say when is the next chapter going to be up? I've been waiting on pins and needles
BlueLucied chapter 1 . 5/16/2007
Dear PVC.

We miss you. Don't let haven die.

All teh loves, Blue
Atavaka chapter 19 . 2/27/2007
What a wonderful ending to this wonderful saga. I'm glad everything ending up working out for Jack, even if it did seem like you put a year's worth of events into a single season. But I guess a lot can happen in a season, so that remark on pacing is kind of irrelevant.

I wonder where you're going from here. I mean, you *did* say you were going to switch gears a little in the coming chapters. Apparently not enough to make a whole new story, and that actually makes me even more curious about the next part of Haven.

By the way, that whole backstory behind the farm was amazingly inspired. I loved it, and I think it'll be difficult for me to ever imagine a different backstory for the farmor the Goddess. This whole story comes together so perfectly, it might as well be published. *sigh* I'm going to remember Erehwon fondly...
Atavaka chapter 16 . 2/26/2007
You know, there's several types of good authors out there. They tend to fall into two categories: the ones that hook you in the beginning and thrill you with a culminating climax, and the ones who are the true storytellers, whose stories build and improve with the telling. You, good sir, are certainly the latter.

Your sense of character is beyond "remarkable;" it's phenomonal. I feel like I just read an epic achievement when all I actually read was a sort of melodrama between video game characters. The point is that they become so much more then video game characters in this story, it's amazing... Really.

Any folks hoping to write their own Harvest Moon epic (y'know, "novelizing the game") should read this story first. And take notes. This, for all you folks at home, is how you breathe life into Harvest Moon.

Now, for criticism... I dunno. I guess I could comment on the plucky atmosphere of the story. I like my stories to have a little bit of edge, and this really has none. As Karen says, Jack is leading a charmed life. For most people, this chapter would be a good ending point, but obviously that's not true here. I mean, there are still at least six chapters left and far too many subplots to finish... Not to mention it's only spring of Jack's first year on the farm.

Did I mention that the pace is slow? well, it is. Personally, I love the slow pace. I only comment on that because slow, plodding plots tend to cause authors to lose interest in their own stories. I really hope that isn't the case here, since this story is wonderful.

Looks like I still got more story to read. I'll refrain from more paragraphs of commentary 'till I finish.
Farmer Jen chapter 22 . 12/13/2006
Finally read the...uh..."new" chapter. Slow, I know.

I like it! I was a little worried given the happy-go-lucky nature of the first half, but I see you picked right up toward the end. And hopefully it won't take me months to read once you get up to the next chapter.
NightimeRoseOX chapter 22 . 9/7/2006
This story is beautiful :) Very well written and... I just love it! I adore Jack and Mary's relationship, it's so cute _

Jack's jealous of Kai! I don't think we really have to worry about him causing problems with his relationship with Mary though, especially since the Goddess told us that they get married and have children so we know it all works out in the end but... we get to see the jealous side of Jack now.. hehe... He hasn't had to deal with much competition so far has he? Pretty easy with Popuri practically throwing herself at him in the beginning and Gray just not being Mary's type and.. Oh by the way, I was always expecting that something would happen with Gray after Jack and Mary started being open with their relationship. Isn't he hurt or mad or... anything? Haven't heard anything about him in awhile... Is Jack going to decide to side with Rick and not like Kai and try to get him away from Popuri? Well don't answer that, I don't want to know what's going to happen lol. Sorry this is the first time I reviewed, I've been reading this for about a week, little by little everyday when I had the time and I finally finished it! YAY! I feel all acomplished now _ Well I'm going off to start reading Heart Fades to Black! Keep writing, you're great at pulling someone into the story and making them feel for the characters and... maybe you could update sometime soon... I can be patient if I have to be and I don't want to sound all whiney begging for a update but... a new chapter would be nice _ I'll be waiting, see you in the next chapter :)
Pause11 chapter 22 . 8/13/2006
I tell you this my friend. If you ever get this done by the time I become a movie director, I want to make it into a hollywood movie. (with natsume permission of coarse).
Time Warp chapter 22 . 7/27/2006
Very impressive. I like the way you are able to describe the relationships between different people in the village. You also are very good at creating Jack's character. Great job. I'll add it to my favorites.
Amethyst Pheonix chapter 19 . 7/22/2006
I kinda feel bead for Jack near the end of that capter talk about ackward...

realy fluffy but with a good dose of seriousness and (with a roll on the R) Romance (oh with a cheese fake french accent as well)
Awesome Rapidash chapter 22 . 7/21/2006
This has to be one of my favorite HM stories! It is very well written and Jack's love interest is someone besides Karen! I hope you continue the story soon!
Jersey S chapter 22 . 7/19/2006
Maybe it's just me, but I'm getting the feeling that Jack's narration's sounding more like he's narrating a book, that he's both inside and outside the book. If that makes any sense. I'm picking up on this in the way he initially refers to Kai as a "new character", rather than the new guy. Hm... *mulls*

But in any case, an awesome chapter that had me cracked up with the bits of wry humor everywhere (Jack reciting lymerics to Charlie? The mention of Charlie's conversation range? Snerk). Glad to see Anna's warming up to Jack now, too, and on her own accord.

Alright... so now what kind of splash is Kai gonna cause in town? I can't wait to see what he does. But then I think of Jack's jealousy when he saw Mary turned giggly around Kai... that gets me suspicious, too.

On a side note, it sounds like Basil has a case of A.D.D: "Actually, Mary was way out in first place as just about anything Basil saw would send him off into some naturalistic dissertation". I loved that line.

Can't wait for the next chapter!