Reviews for Conspiracy of Beers
Havelocks political treatise "The Servant" sounds curiously similar to "The Prince" by Machiavelli. Nice idea, made me laugh... ;)
Falero lero lero chapter 7 . 6/5/2013
I am not liking your story, I love it!
Sinister Scribe chapter 4 . 4/10/2011
I'll have you know that i'm thoroughly enjoying this against my will.

I just started to write a Patrician/OFC fanfic of my own and decided to check out the competition, as it were.

Thoroughly disconcerting to find one so superior to my own. I'll have to step up my game.

Other than that, your style gibes wonderfully with Pratchett's (something i can't bring myself to do-to smutty for my own good), your sense of humour fits and i especially like the bit about the flyers and the evolution of Hanna/Havelock's feelings towards one another.
CarrieVS chapter 7 . 2/19/2010
Vetinari is not a vampire, if that's what you're on about.
Katamabob chapter 7 . 12/16/2009
Fun _ Hanna is certainly an interesting character - And who doesn't love Vetinari?
The Dragon Mage chapter 7 . 5/30/2009
Vetinari in mirrored shades; truly a terrifying and exhilarating prospect... marvelously done.
intriKate chapter 7 . 9/10/2004
At first, I thought it would almost be a crime to match the Patrician up with a seamstress... but you have made it work! I first read Say Yes and now this story, and they're both really good. You're a great author!
ihadanepiphany chapter 7 . 6/18/2004
Brilliant, no time for more , sorry
Merit Somnia chapter 7 . 4/13/2004
Loved it.
Tindomiel chapter 7 . 1/13/2004
I can't describe how much i enjoyed this. Once again, this has made my day.
myeerah chapter 7 . 10/4/2003
*laughs* Very well done!

Even showing a lighter side of Vetinari, you managed to keep him in character-quite a feat in and of itself-as well as having created entertaining original characters. Hanna is a very good match for Havelock.

Altogether, a beautiful job. :)
Merrymoll chapter 7 . 10/4/2003
Ah, brilliant! It's all been sorted.

So Fillwater planned this all along, the little creep. Aggravating events to develop into a revolution, just so he can corner the beer market. Git. I think he got of lightly, really. Stay in Pseudopolis, lad. You'll live longer.

Vetinari has "slightly sharpened incisors"? Oh, blimey. As if he wasn't scarey enough...

The Patrician's explanation about "Controlled Revolutions" was brilliant - I love the way he gets people to do what he wants, even as they think it's their own idea. Your version of Vetinari is spot on!

Hanna dealing with the elders was interesting. Given the above, I wonder if this was what they discussed during Havelocks version of "pillow talk". Hanna knowing about the trade routes through the city that the Ansbachers rely on suggests it.

And all the little throwaway comments - Beezle punching someone out, the Ansbach version of Dibbler. And Lotte! She seems a formidable woman - giving Havelock a friendly slap on the back, hard enough to leave a bruise! And she's still alive. And she gets Fillwater's brewery!

The dartboard with Rust's picture on it (and knife marks!). I think this is why Vetinari manages to keep calm when dealing with the little twerp. Even he would have trouble keeping his temper with bloody Rust!

And of course, Hanna's prezzie. Smoke and mirrors. Spot on!

Fantastic! Enjoy your holiday, Mercator, you definately deserve it!
Zela chapter 6 . 10/1/2003
lol I'm loving this. You have such a great style and are always able to keep me reading - you even introduce a whole platoon of new characters and make them both believable and interesting.

*grins* loved Rosie Palm in this, loved confrontational Vimes, not so sure about Vetinari taking a back seat again. How will you save him? (WILL you save him?) Two favourite quotes:

' “It has been said in other quarters, Rosemary, that I am a foolish old man dazzled by the mistress I’ve bought,” he said. “That is only half true.” '

'We hold these truths to be pretty reasonable if you think about it: that all people regardless of their ability to pronounce the letter “w” are created equal; that they are endowed by the Gods with certain rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of beer brewed to the Ansbach Purity Law of the Year of the Distressed Wombat…'

Keep on writing!
Twist chapter 6 . 9/30/2003
Meh! Major meh! Meh in a really big way! This does not make me happy! Where are you going with this? Why must you torture poor Havelock . . . ?

Seriously though, it's brilliant, as always. Am loving this fic in unhealthy ways. Looking forward to the next chapter!
Gaia Myles chapter 6 . 9/29/2003
Just when I think this story can't get any better, it does!

I can't wait for the next part to show up. You've definitely got me hooked!