Reviews for Ensnare the Senses
falconer54 chapter 3 . 8/22/2014
Harry you idiot.., use the captured wand
ICZYS HOSTAGES OF LOVE chapter 5 . 2/1/2014
i love ur story. have u thought of re-write it or cheek the spelling or grammars it could help get more readers. :) anyway i freaken love this so far. so kepp upp with futer work i love it :)
Web of Obsidian chapter 2 . 11/6/2011
Hehe, Voldie and dear(please note sarcasm) Bella deserved that. Most definitely. Yeah, Voldie can be such an idot...
Reader-anonymous-writer chapter 24 . 9/24/2011
pictures of snakes carved into them

Can they move? Can Harry speak with them? Can they help him?

Ensnare the Senses...

Is it in honour of Severus Snape, the spy?

The spell was still in effect and if Harry died, so would Voldemort.

How is it possible for such spell to exist? And in order for it to work, Dumbledore must have hit Voldemort with part of it, during a duel. And does it work the other way? Obviously not (considering the end of the story).

still holding his bleeding hand

Doesn't Voldemort know any healing spells?

Does Voldemort have no wards around his Fortress?

Time-turner for classes? Not easy to catch up.

his ability to turn into a sly, unknown wolf may come in handy.

Green eyes give you away. I'm surprised Remus hasn't noticed them at once.

it's not jealousy. It's something else.

Loneliness? Envy that they have some special person in their life, and you don't, not even a family?

Sometimes, a powerful wizard can use another powerful wizard's wand. If a wizard used a weaker wizard's wand, the effects of the spell the wizard performed would be weaker, and vice versa.

It shouldn't be so. Wands should be as individual as magical signature, and their compatibility shouldn't be based on wizard's power.

Harry didn't flinch or look up. He really didn't care right now. He walked around Snape casually and began walking down the corridor again. He knew Snape was still watching him.

Interesting.

vision the name of the place you want to go

There is something magical about names in wizard world.

Doesn't Professor Snape know about the year Harry spent as Voldemort's prisoner? Obviously not. What was he told about Harry's absence the previous year?

I don't understand why Harry placed the Waxing Charm, and why Dumbledore finds it funny.

He would train Harry in Occlumency.

I would have preferred for Harry to learn Occlumency from Severus, or independently, or both.

Physical-magical attack in the external world isn't adequate protection. You should create shields inside your mind.

Harry looked up to see Snape with rabbit ears, and he almost died laughing.

I hope that people can at least choose colour of their own bunny ears. Instead of white.

That power is love. Something Voldemort doesn't have.

Love isn't power, and Voldemort isn't a monster incapable of love. At least, if he made his soul whole again, he would have been as capable of love, as any other person who grew up in difficult circumstances, during a war, and so on.

And in a way, everything does depend on me, because if I don't kill Voldemort, he'll never die.

Well, it will still be possible for others to put him into jail, to have him kissed by Dementors (except, Dementors are loyal to Voldemort), to destroy him mind and memories... Death isn't the worst fate, though Death seems to be the only irreversible fate.

I don't like prejudice against Slytherin.

He is gone now and he will never return to haunt the footsteps of wizardkind again.

How can you be sure that he is truly dead, and not a black wraith, like the previous time? And why couldn't anybody else throw the Killing Curse at Voldemort?

the last words from Voldemort's mouth that seemed to ring through the silence like a serpent's hiss: "Ensnare the Senses."

Odd.

That's why the story is called Ensnare the Senses...because those are the last words Voldemort said before he died.

But he said them because Harry was saying them all the time during his imprisonment. Why was he saying them?

Snape would be proud

Deepest gratitude. Even though Severus Snape and Harry Potter didn't become quite close, you have at least allowed Snape to be almost nice, and Harry to brew adequate Veritaserum during examination. Hoping he has O in NEWT Potions.

Good morrow, good day, good night, good luck.
thenormalfreak chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
this is a bit like Ensnaring Insanity by howl, its a gd oneshot... read it, you might like it... i found ur fic first though and gotta say love 'fake' insane harry, brilliant!

TNF
RebeccaRoy chapter 1 . 7/11/2010
Wow, intresting start, and a very smart Harry here too. Love how he is surviving here.
emms 56 chapter 2 . 8/15/2009
This story is great and I really like it a lot I am absoloutly crazy about Harry Potter and I have written three letters to him
clearwatercullener chapter 24 . 3/15/2009
that was really good a bit of a rushed ending but great job. the plot is very origanal and i liked it alot like when harry went half insane yayaya the ANGEST LEVEL WAS PERFECT i the end was good too. over wow thank you for writting **it makes the world a better place** i wish i could add more than favorite story button like high light it but i can't so bibibib

-clearwatercullener
amour de vin chapter 16 . 3/30/2007
Just a few things that bothered me:

It isn't mentioned that Harry ever bathes, which isn't truly bothersome except for after the whole year-of-torture thing it would have been an appropriate psychological response, if nothing else.

It took me about ten chapters to figure out that Harry had been imprisoned for a year.

A year of being in Voldemort's clutches, and everyone, including Harry, acts perfectly blase about the whole thing? No lingering affects, no ptsd or hold-overs from his crazy act?

I loved the idea of Harry acting crazy to keep himself safe, and was disappointed that it was dropped so quickly, leaving behind a perfectly normal and to be honest, rather boring portrayal of Harry. Am I wrong that he was imprisoned for a year? It also appeared from what information was given about that time, it was as though he was being housed in a third-rate hotel, with Death Eaters occasionally coming by to see if he was still rabid - no mention of using spells instead of physical abuse, Voldemort-attempted possession, or anything of interest. I guess that explains the lack of difficulties Harry has with getting over the whole experience.

The story has tons of potential, and I love the concept, but the end result lacks depth and a sort of disconnect between Voldemort's apparent plans/scheming/what people expect from him, and what actually seems to have occurred while he had his supposed top enemy in his scaly clutches. *confusion*
MP chapter 11 . 9/16/2006
Um, no. No way. Ever. On any planet. No way would Dumbledore take the wand of a student who had been kidnapped (while armed!), held for a year, and tortured - a student who was still and always in danger of similar things. No. Fudge, maybe. Umbridge, absolutely. Dumbledore, no. I managed to ignore the author's notes in the middle of text (which is a major peeve of mine). I managed to ignore getting basic facts from the books all wrong. But this? On the rec'ed list of an author I like and respect or not, I'm done.
anaknisatanas chapter 24 . 9/8/2006
I can't remember if I left a review for this fic or not but I just had to say one more time that I really loved it, especially the beginning chapters.
wHy chapter 2 . 5/29/2006
Hey, just wondering, but why doesn't Harry use the wands he takes from the wizards who enter? We know that most people can at least get a little bit of reaction from a wand that doesn't belong to them, and Harry is supposed to be really powerful. And why doesn't Voldemort torture Harry. It'd probably be more believable if Voldemort actually tried to make his life horrible (without killing him, of course). Plus, I believe that Harry didn't try enough to escape. However, I applaud your creative plot idea and the fact that you don't screw up in your spelling like a lot of other authors do. It really distracts when one is reading to find that a stupid author has botched up the word 'because' or some other word that's incredibly easy to spell.
Zarz chapter 24 . 3/11/2006
This is an interesting story, but I think it could be even better. First, what does "Ensnare the senses" even mean? Also, there are a lot of "Harry goes through a year at school" stories. The biggest way this story stands out from the rest is that Harry spends a year captured by Voldemort. I would suggest concentrating more on what it's like for him there, and if the Deatheaters keep cursing him, and so forth. Anyway, keep up the good work. You have the potential to be a really great writer.
wolfgirl211 chapter 10 . 1/15/2006
"nd those two that we had for Beaters in fifth year are still here. Wish they weren't though," Ron finished gloomily.

(A/N: I don't remember what year Alicia and Katie are in, nor the Beaters, so just go with this :-))"

um...fred and george were the beaters...unless you count the fact that they got banned -_-

Good ficcie, tho! keep writing!
pegoheart144 chapter 24 . 11/14/2005
Interesting story. The only problem I have with your story is that Voldemort is defeated so easily. I don't think he's just going to drop by an Avada Kedavra curse.