Reviews for Mars Rising
kffs chapter 1 . 4/5/2014
Very nice.
warfolomei chapter 1 . 2/7/2013
Truly wonderfull. Shame you don't write anymore.
Litany of Hate chapter 1 . 6/18/2009
Okay, I very much enjoyed this fic. There are some formatting problems (at least, I think it was formatting and not you forgetting your spacebar) that caused me a bit of stumbling and backtracking, but nothing overly major. Your grammar and spelling are, as usual, impeccable.

You did, however, get two things wrong...

The first, and most important: Mars is not the Greek God of War, that's Aries. Aries is most often portrayed as a fool and a parable against war and conflict in general, as the Greeks were wont to do (the Iliad, anyone?). Mars, however, was the real deal and God of War to the Romans. As conquerors, they revered him and devoted an entire month to his celebration. I know it's an easy mistake to make, but they really are fundamentally different characters.

The second is a bit more opinion on my part, and has to do with Tai-Chi (Tai Chi Chuan) being a fighting art. If you are looking for arts that use an opponent's own strength against him, I would suggest Jiujutsu or Aikido. Tai-Chi is an art of meditative focus, more for channeling the body's various 'energies' and whatnot. The 'fighting' aspect of Tai-Chi really is... lacking. It's got some basics from hard and soft styles, but it's not really designed to do damage of any real sort. It's great to learn for warm-ups before and after a spar. Otherwise? Fairly useless.

Thanks for your hard work on this fic. It is very much appreciated.
TheRoadgoeseverOnAndOn chapter 1 . 5/31/2009
A great story. Very good.
dogbertcarroll chapter 1 . 2/10/2005
I like it. Nothing really defined, just hinted at.
AminalLuv chapter 1 . 1/30/2005
I loved this story. I think I almost cried. I can completely relate with Xander here, his emotions are so real. I usually like to give one bit of constructive critisism but I'm stumped. Besides, any story with Faith in it is alright by me.
Rags666 chapter 1 . 8/7/2004
Very nice
Kalystia chapter 1 . 4/30/2004
I love this story, it is really well written. I love the way that you used Mars to bring all of this to light, really nice. And love the part about Buffy and cookie-dough, lol, thats exactly how I would imagine Xander and the other girls reacting. :)
BlueSqueak chapter 1 . 12/5/2003
Wow. That was really beautiful and moving. Poor Xander.
Three Sisters chapter 1 . 11/6/2003
I liked this fic. It has that sort of end-of-episode quality to it that sort of wraps everything up where you don't stop to think that there could be more or less. It's just right in my book. Very Well Done.
xanya-forever chapter 1 . 10/2/2003
This was an absolutely wonderful story. The start had me getting all teary and then I just sunk into the same hole as Xander. Not enough people write for him, but you do it brilliantly. Everything he was feeling was spot on, and the same with Giles. After Anya died, I felt so sorry for Xander, I mean, she was the love of his life! Faith being the one to help Xander in this fic was a great choice. Once again, your writing is just fantastic, and tugged at all my emotions. The Mars thing really worked. Excellent job!
Aurora Snowstorm chapter 1 . 8/29/2003
Wow, really, really good. I'm always so impressed by your writing and I envy your ability to write Xander so well. Great job!
Luddite Robot chapter 1 . 8/28/2003
I dig this. I really do.

Let's see. You have Faith and Xander as revered figures in "Living History", Faith and Xander as travel partners in "Where Fools Go", Faith feeling for demon Xander in "Revelations", and now Faith becoming Xander's patrol buddy (and possibly more) in "Mars Rising". Not hard to see which way you ship, is it?

Anyway, I'd like to see more. More F/X. More Xander. More of the two of them coming to terms with each other. I wouldn't say no to kinkyhotFXsex, if offered.

Mars should be foreshadowing, I think. That's just me, though.
Queen Boadicea chapter 1 . 8/28/2003
This is a fine story. It's all dialogue and it pulls you in right from the very first line. There's not a wrong note in it even when Faith comes in and we're there with Xander's emotions at every step. He's angry, bitter, resigned, resentful and wants to be alone. I felt all of that and I too was annoyed when Faith showed up because I could understand his need for solitude and she'd be the last person I'd want lecturing me. But there she was and she was actually helpful. Great story.