Reviews for Peeling My Potato
SamJaz chapter 1 . 8/28/2010
Man, that read like an actual episode. Good work.
STARFIRE'SCOOL chapter 1 . 11/25/2004

FUNNY! I read this because it's Tanksgiving, and we were peeling potatos for mashed potatos. Good and funny story!
Rashaka chapter 1 . 7/10/2004
I've got the distinct feeling that there's a running metaphor here and its eluding me like a bounty on the run from Cowboy Andy.
Rosebud chapter 1 . 10/12/2003
Wonderful allegory for the Bebop lifestyle. I thoroughly enjoyed myself! Wonderous job!
halfeatenmoon chapter 1 . 9/9/2003
This was a rare and excellent piece of fanfiction in that it preserved the feel of the original fiction entirely. Everything about this was meticulously in-character and the mood was perfect. I think this was a brilliant and very Bebop-esque way to look at the characters and their approaches towards life. (Well, that's what I saw, anyway...) I suppose that with the Bebop crew, one can use almost ANYTHING as a window to the soul... although potatoes seem to work particularly well.
Flame Tigress chapter 1 . 9/1/2003
Wow. That was extremely funny (I especially liked Ed's "C'est la vie, c'est la guerre, au revoir mes pommes de terre"), but in a way extremely sad. I was particularly struck by how authentically in character everyone was, and how you embroidered in your own style on the standard jokes as if it were an actual episode - you even closed it with a little saying. The different styles of potato peeling provided very subtle insight into the characters (definitely most particularly that of Spike) - which is artistic, of course, leaving exactly what the insight is to the perception of the reader - but perhaps a little *too* subtle. If you hadn't introduced this as a character introspective and alluded to a metaphor for souls in your summary, I might not have been sure that you didn't intend this merely to be a humorous exercise in peeling potatoes. So perhaps Jet should entertain the half-formed thought that Spike handles potatoes the way he handles life - abandoning and running away from things, beginning new ones rather than finishing the old - but leave most of the extended metaphor to the reader.

A thoughtful, enjoyable read!
Pebbled Sky chapter 1 . 8/31/2003
that was AWESOME!

XD

potato-ness. :P

very good symbolism

(though i think you've heard that one)

and i liked Ein's chewing habit.

very cute.

{Pebbles}
teef chapter 1 . 8/31/2003
Wow... I really liked the symbolism of Spike's potato:

- Spike closed his eyes indifferently and tossed the spud over his shoulder.

"What the hell are you doing, Spike?" Jet snapped.

"I didn't like the way that one was going." Spike replied, already reaching for a second victim.

"Spike, that potato is important." Jet informed him. "You can't just toss it away if it's not going well."

"Why not?" Spike asked. "There are always other potatoes."

"There aren't as many as you think. Soon you'll run out and then you'll have to go back and finish that one off."

"We'll see." Spike said as he set upon a second potato. -

I loved it. Spike looking at potatoes the way he looks at life... genius!

This was really well written and such an original idea. Bravo to you my friend. Well done indeed.
Case chapter 1 . 8/31/2003
You remind me of another really ancient fic called "Sunspots" with this story. This I imagine would make a good omake, or something. It makes a good story, at the very least. Which is a lot.
Thrasher of all FanFic cr chapter 1 . 8/30/2003
Wow. Just...wow.

I never thought something as simple as potatoes could provide such entertainment.

Nicely written. I enjoyed it(that's a first.).

I just have one question...:

Does Spike EVER get it right? *sob* The poor guy! *sniff* He tries so hard, but he just can't do it! *bawls*

...

That is all.
Hecate chapter 1 . 8/30/2003
Ha! Spike peeling potatoes...now that's something I'd like to see. I like how the characters are written. I really like how even Ein joins the fun.
red-tenko chapter 1 . 8/30/2003
well that's some symbolism I'd have never thought up. impressive. Good job!
aquafina rain chapter 1 . 8/30/2003
This seems like it's true to Bebop's style. I liked it. Ed's so eccentric. XD Anyway, you kpet the character IN, and I liked that. Great job _
Bira chapter 1 . 8/29/2003
A very funny story, including the "self-poatoes" of the characters :).
Lady Razorsharp chapter 1 . 8/29/2003
Wonderfully done! Pure Bebop, all the way.