Reviews for ESCAPE THE DARKNESS
Pip the Invader chapter 13 . 4/6/2013
Oh my cheesecake, that was AMAZING! This is one of THE BEST fanfictions I have read in a Looooooong time. Love the way there is NO slash in this story lol. But were is Spy in Rivendell? I am waiting, Jules the awesome fanfic writer! :)
fifithepinapplegodess chapter 13 . 3/26/2006
Great Story. Sounds a bit like By Chance Or Purpose though.
Lady Eivel chapter 1 . 12/9/2005
Story's pretty good, but why so many gaps?
Julia Baggins chapter 13 . 12/3/2005
wonderful ! please continue this story ! frodo and sam's relationship is so beautiful...it made me cry... bravo !
Vampy chapter 12 . 3/27/2005
I hope you'll update soon! I really want to know what happens next!

;) V.
LadyKatieKay chapter 1 . 8/16/2004
lol...hehe...still love it
Salysha chapter 10 . 6/18/2004
Great story! I've been meaning to review it for ages, as writing this wonderful should never go unappraised or unpraised. Sorry that I never got round to reviewing earlier. One can only wonder how many more addicted readers you have that have yet to give feedback.

It's obvious the story has taken a lot of effort and time. I didn't quite get this grass-root level description of yours when reading your writings for the first time, but it sure grew on me. I wouldn't have it any other way. The writing is very detailed, and there are so many sub-plots to it that it's like reading an unabridged version of FotR. I know, the thought probably sounds amusing, but it's true. I think your additions-Frodo's wood-carving skills, Strider joining in early, Bilbo's leaving taking a toll on Frodo, and Frodo being so multi-sided in the eyes of the others-are all for the better, and you won't get a complaint from me about having characteristics and events that weren't there originally. What's the point of fan fiction if not making the best of what already exists? That's what you are doing here.

Yes, you got to love the added scenes. Right from Strider's bumpy run-in with Frodo and Sam to the infamous cornfields and finally to the number of hurt/comfort scenes which I love. Just make sure you'll leave some strength in the little fellow-poor Frodo has yet to reach Bree. The humorous snippets are priceless-need I say more than "cornfields" or Strider's random "harassing" of the Sackville-Baggins family. I can't possibly keep a straight face with these:

-Strider said, thinking that he had not had the misfortune of meeting such an unappealing group of individuals in all his travels.

"I don't believe I have had the pleasure," Lotho said cheekily. "And I don't believe you will, -" Strider now warned.

There are so many phrasings I adore, but those never fail to crack me up. Strider's dry humor is the best! Thanks for the long Author's Notes at the end of chapters-I always check them out with interest.

What I also should compliment while at it is how the register of the language changes so with each character. While Frodo's speaking is definitely educated albeit sometimes a bit too stiff to my taste-much like Strider's-Sam goes out of his way with the working-class accent and double negatives, not to mention his own little characteristic clich├ęs, if you beg me pardon for saying so. He's quite servant-like at this stage with all his worry over "his Master" so I look forward to seeing if you keep the same approach all the way or if Frodo and Sam will develop a more equal friendship. I know hobbits have these strict social classes, you couldn't be more right about that-it was just never my cup of tea. Their mutual trust is clearly visible in spite of the obvious social hindrances, though, and that I like.

Keep up the great work. I, for one, will stay tuned for more ESCAPE and other stories that follow its path.
LadyKatieKay chapter 10 . 6/12/2004
yay an update!*squeals* it was gr8! keep up the good work! ;)
lovethosehobbits chapter 9 . 5/9/2004
Jules-I am thoroughly enjoying your fic and hope you will update soon. I love all the weavings of canon and the additions you have made, that make the story have a sense of "this is what happenened that wasnt said" to it. Keep up the good work. tree
Iorhael chapter 9 . 2/26/2004
Oh, no! Don't let Frodo hurt even more than he already did! But... he had Strider with him now. :)
This is one long, detailed chapter, Jules. Well done! I'll never have enough stamina to do the same. Please continue!
Iorhael chapter 8 . 1/25/2004
You must get Frodo out of the trouble soon! He's not healthy still and everything bad will worsen his condition.
You were very patient when writing this, I can see it. It's like that you have the stamina to get where you want to get.
Iolaushurst chapter 7 . 1/8/2004
I really enjoy this story.. keep going!
Vampy chapter 6 . 12/15/2003
This is yummy for my tummy!
Please keep writing this story, I'm curious to where it's going.
;) V.
amc623 chapter 3 . 9/14/2003
My, you are thourough with your explanations. Thank you for all the information you included at the end of this chapter but I hope you don't feel like you have to apologize about all of that all the 't worry, if someone doesn't like what you do with the story it's not your problem.

I, however, like this story so far. I tried to review the first chapter but didn't let me, so I'll tell you about that first.

Wow! I was laughing out loud when Sam attacked Aragorn- that was wonderful! A very interesting (and highly amusing) beginning to the story!

This chapter was also very well done. I like what you've added in but you are still following the story accurately. I am assuming this story will be movie-verse? That's fine, I am more familiar with this point in the story as it is done in the movie anyway.

Also, I love what you explained you were doing with these 3 LoTR fics in your author's note. Great idea- and AU version of the story that follows all the way through. And then you mentioned you want to continue and make it totally AU by having the whole fellowship set off to Mordor together. I think my mouth dropped open at that part. I had always wondered what might've happened if the fellowship never broke apart, but continued on together. I wished someone would do a well-written fic about it but have seen none so far. I considered writing it myself but I already have so many ideas swimming around in my head- I am so glad you picked up on the idea.

Well, I love the beginning of this story and plan to read the beginnings of your other two. Will all three be WIPs at the same time? Please update as soon as you can!

AC
Vampy chapter 3 . 9/8/2003
Hm... I love LOTR... I love Frodo... I love reading... Hm... Great story... Write more, please?