Reviews for I, Commodus
The Persona chapter 2 . 8/20/2013
I read it. and I hope you keep updating because I rather like this version. its so hard to find a Gladiator (and more specifically, Commodus) fic with an interesting plot that is well written and developed. :)
Guest chapter 2 . 12/23/2012
Great! No complaints to be made; please post more soon :)
Sabine chapter 2 . 6/6/2010
Very good. Please continue the story...I'd like to see the ending
yara chapter 2 . 4/25/2006
wow, wow, wow and wow. that was excellent! and bloody excellent! you are an amazing story teller

the way you manipulated the ending is very well developed...to tell you the truth, i really hated the ending and i so wanted Commodus to be alive (have a major crush on phoenix!)and have his vengence.

it's so refreshing in a film to see the baddie not die.
Assisted-Living-Dracula chapter 2 . 9/19/2004
Oh God! Such an incredible start! Why didn't you continue it?
Drachenvergolder chapter 2 . 9/8/2004
"I know that some of you must still read Gladiator fic!"

Why, yes.
lee tea chapter 2 . 8/20/2004
oh wow! great fic, please update !
Ophelia's madness chapter 2 . 6/2/2004
continue, please! That was very very good!
Steffi-333 chapter 2 . 3/27/2004
Hey! I'm new to this fic and I love it!
I was always kind of upset that Commodus died, even though he was evil... he was just such a tragic character. He could have been a good Emperor, but I guess he just lacked teaching from his father who was always running around the Empire... *sigh*
But you've brought him back to life! *hugs!*
Caecilius... did he actually exist as a senator or did you make him up? I'm not accusing you of anything... It's just that when I studied Latin in school, I did the Caimbridge Latin course and all the stories in it (at least to start with) were set around a man (who did exist) that lived in Pompeii called Caecilius Iucundus. I was just wondering if you got the name from there?
Anyway... back to the fic! It's SO well written! I loved the butterfly/grief metaphor... really good! It really upset me! Poor Lucilla...
Commodus's character is perfect: really bitter and cold. I loved it when you said that when their eyes met it was like fire and ice!
So... I'm putting this in my favourites *clicks little box that will add story to my favourites* and I hope that you'll update again soon! I notice you haven't since last year so I hope you read this and start writing again!
Steffi
ally2003 chapter 2 . 3/13/2004
Please continue! There are so few Commodus fics
bekkett3021 chapter 2 . 2/3/2004
good, good! Totally captures Commodus- I myself am working on my own Gladiator fic- keep up the good work!
Lika2 chapter 2 . 1/11/2004
I could have sworn I wrote a review for this but I don't see it here. Ridley Scott needs to hire you for the next Gladiator movie. This is tense and wonderfully dramatic. The reactions of Lucilla and the Senate, Commodus' coldness and authority, the way you use the word "Caesar" (heh), gorgeously done. I do hope you finish this.
Lika2 chapter 2 . 1/11/2004
J chapter 2 . 12/30/2003
This second chapter is pretty damn good. I love the sussurant venom of Commodus. Great Job.
anonymous chapter 1 . 12/12/2003
The Story's great. Finish it!