Reviews for A Very Dark, Very Wet, and Very Miserable Morning
Jennsyn chapter 1 . 8/13/2004
It's definitely good to see what's happening on the other side of the war. Most ...insightful. :) Organizing torture is such hard work. Poor bad guys, and all for naught too. At least Abunai got to torture some more elves before the end, I was beginning to wonder if he would ever silence that elf. *grins*

By the way, I loved the bat comments, acceptable behaviour for a dungeon. On the objective hand or other standpoint, the way you introduced each problem, in particular, the birds, was very enticing. You mentioned flapping wings long before you explained the details. Which is a very good technique, though you probably know that, I was just letting you know that I liked it.

Nice to see another fan of dark humour.

xthinkxhappyxthoughtsx chapter 1 . 6/23/2004
Oh dear, this was very funny, well apart from the ending but then its nice to know that the elves in baradfur still had something to laugh about, even if they were going to be laughing on the other sides of their faces afterwards.

Very good fic, made me laugh lots, i've already said that but there you go.

Anywho, well done.
Tears of Eternal Darkness chapter 1 . 6/11/2004
funny ficlette!
Frodo3791 chapter 1 . 3/21/2004
This is indeed a very twisted story, but I couldn't help but laugh. This is very creative for what you were given as a topic. This is awesome. I love your writing... every twisted, dark humored bit of it.
Sword On Fire chapter 1 . 2/8/2004
I would *HATE* to be Abunai that morning. But what the . . . fudge . . . is up with the seagulls? *shakes head* SOMEbody's lost it in that Tower . . .
Cunien chapter 1 . 1/12/2004
Wow! I honestly don't know if it's appropriate to laugh, especially after the ending! This is very clever and well thought out. There's something so funny about imagining the day to day workings of Barad Dur, and the practicalities of running an 'operation' like Sauron's! he he! See, even that's funny! Very original and well written, I really enjoyed it!
(By the way, I followed the link from Marigold's recomendations page, in case you wanted to know!)
Maria chapter 1 . 12/31/2003
It started off hilarious but... my god. The ending was so incredibly grim.
And I don't know why but... I actually started to like Abunai.
Great work here!
AllyrienDM chapter 1 . 12/12/2003
absofrickinlutely hilarious!
kingmaker chapter 1 . 10/28/2003
LOL! I stand in awe of your comic genius. This is brilliant on so many levels- the setting, the characterization, the string of mishaps (seagulls flying across a flooded Barad-dur- I love it). And your style of writing is just excellent.

And I thought I had experienced the Monday from Mordor...
Raven Nightstrider chapter 1 . 10/15/2003
*peals of laughter* A slightly dark ending, but overall hilarious nonetheless. Honestly-SEAGULLS? What in Eru's name was Khamûl thinking anyway? I had no idea that a Nazgûl might possibly get drunk…

/Unfortunately, the flying creature had decided to land in the water and was in the process of paddling past them. And if it was a bat, then Gothmog was Galadriel./

O_O I admit it-I haven't read any Tolkien past The Hobbit and LotR, but still-Galadriel and a speechless Mouth of Sauron… *howls with laughter* I have to wonder what Gandalf would say if he could see the 'foul Mouth of Sauron' actually shut up from pure shock. This is just too funny-way to go! Three cheers for comic relief!

loanshark chapter 1 . 9/23/2003
*grinz* this was WONDERFUL. extremely...i especially love the spiders part...haha! a great story...:):)
katakanadian chapter 1 . 9/20/2003
A fun change from the hobbit stories I usually seek out.

I laughed when I saw you called your OC Abunai. It sounds like it could be Southron but of course it means 'danger' in Japanese. How apropos. :)
Rose Sared chapter 1 . 9/12/2003
Ha aha ha etc. bats would be acceptable indeed. but not seagulls. Oh dear holds her sides for a minute.

Thank you that was a lovely break from my writing.

Keep it up

PS could it be anything other than a miserable morning in Sauron's dungeon?

Ceanen chapter 1 . 9/11/2003
As always, TT, thoroughly enjoyable work! Loved the little bit about the bats: "Bats were acceptable inhabitants of dungeons. Bats could be explained and dismissed. Bats would not get him into any further trouble. Bats were good. Bats were normal. Bats were safe." It's as if I can hear these thoughts going on in Abunai's head, proving to himself that the day, indeed, can get worse! And you write Ted's unfamiliarity with disbelief quite well- it just makes his silence all the more worrying- like he's going to simply burst at any moment. Aren't challenges great at putting the strangest ideas into your head? :)
bryn bnw chapter 1 . 9/7/2003
*gasp!* *clutching sides* A SEAGULL! *ROTFL*

Of course, the seagulls were Khamûl's idea. Treacherous, beastly Nazgûl he is.

Thundera, you are positively brilliant.
43 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »