Reviews for A Very Dark, Very Wet, and Very Miserable Morning
lastarael chapter 1 . 9/4/2003
As usual, GREAT job! Wonderfully humorous, absolutely amazing!
girturtle chapter 1 . 9/3/2003
Hah. This was great!

Water, spiders, and gulls oh my!

Still waiting on updates for "Fear No Darkness", "During a journey in the dark" and "Land of Light and Shadow"!

Update soon. PLEASE! ok I'll stop.

-Leena-
Kal the Magnificent chapter 1 . 9/2/2003
Ho boy... I didn't know it rained in Mordor... *shrug* and what is this about seagulls being a new interrogational thing? It's for the elves, isn't it... they show them a seagull and let them hear it, and then... the rest is history... that's how it works, right? Or something like that? Who was the elf from Thranduil's realm? Not Legolas, right? And where does this fit in with your other stories, or does it not? Very funny!

Hugs and Cookies )
Atiaran chapter 1 . 9/1/2003
Oh man, this is really funny.
Kurremkarmerruk chapter 1 . 9/1/2003
I would so be laughing at them too... If those were my captors and that happened to them I would laugh so hard in their face. Pluss the fact that I hate the mouth of sauron and I realy like this story. It seems that every time now I find time to log on you update.
Lamiel chapter 1 . 8/31/2003
Yeesh. I don't know whether to laugh or cringe. Somehow the description of what is NOT happening this morning (i.e. torture as usual) is more chilling than any number of usual elf-torture fics. Especially the bit about the Elves choosing to drown, and the captain from Mirkwood offering himself as a meal for the spiders. *shudder*

Very well written, as always. Really the back-handed delivery is amazing-such a technique to mention all these horrific things in passing, and keeping focus on the dark humor. Yeesh.
Mari chapter 1 . 8/31/2003
I'm back! I'm back! Whoo!

And such an embarressment of riches to come back to! Great googely-moogely, everything I've read in the past few hours has been unbelievably fantastic-but this, this story may be my favorite newest addition. I don't know what goes on in your brain, Thundera, but if it's half as hectic as Abunai's morning, I wouldn't be surprised.

I don't even know where to begin... how any imagination, even one with such breadth and depth as yours, could soberly come up with a combination of flooding, seagulls, spiders, and Ted, is beyond my comprehension...honestly, I can only conclude that you must have actually experienced such a Monday, which leads me to wonder where you go to work. This story is sheer, black, wicked brilliance and humor from beginning to end-every time I have one of these Mondays, I'm going to think of this story and be glad that the Mouth of Sauron isn't my boss.

I'm sorry this is so brief, but I'm running about as fast as I can just trying to catch up with the summer writing-but let me say again that this is a wickedly, madly hilarious ride! Wonderful job!
wellduh chapter 1 . 8/31/2003
Am tempted to draw a picture of this. Absolutely brilliant. I suppose commanders of evil also experience those mornings. Keep it up, do keep it up.
e chapter 1 . 8/31/2003
Either you have a sick sense of humor or I have a sick sense of humor for finding it kind of funny. "A Day In The Life Of A Sick And Evil Dude." Hm, interesting! I liked it, actually. Different from the usual fanfic. I want to know what happens to Abunai, though. Or maybe I don't, because I can guess it isn't pretty. Please update your other fics soon!
Aurora Light chapter 1 . 8/30/2003
Fantastic! Abunai is perfectly in character, exactly as warped as an torturer should be. The mental images of a submarine, seagull infested torture chamber are unforgettable. Also, the little paragraph on bats had me laughing out loud. Good work!
ElvenDestiny chapter 1 . 8/30/2003
Interesting. Very good entry into the challenge!

ElveNDestiNy
NightMaiden02 chapter 1 . 8/30/2003
*blink* well thats was defenatly interesting. The Moth of Sauron being shicked into inaction. I would have to say that that would definatly be a first. I'm with the other person who reviewed, I feel bad for the elven prisoners. Though I can't balme them for laughing.
Karri chapter 1 . 8/30/2003
Indeed, a very good day to stay in bed, though I still feel worse for his Elven prisoners. Excellent challenge piece. Thank for you sharing it with us here at ff.
43 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3