Reviews for A Bit Of All Right
Aariya07 chapter 56 . 3/27/2009
Gods, you are so bloody brilliant. I can't even begin to sift through all that loveliness to tell you what I adored most. Where do you come up with this? The thorough (and agonizing) planning involved in this has me frothing at the mouth, seriously. I am so jealous of your talent.

From 'Tying Up Loose Beginnings,' I have felt that foreboding sense. I didn't think I would even remember Lucius's plans until the last book or something, but I've certainly not forgotten it once with the way you've been subtly weaving it in. Makes me think: Lucius is so hot (Draco could use some lessons, his lack of cunning and discretion is quite embarrassing to that lovely, sly father of his). If he'd not been planning to kill precious Severus (and raping him -sniff-)and Harry from the beginning, he'd have his uses...

Now, I shall go read the rest of the books and calm this worry in me about Harry and Severus's fate. I do hope Draco meets with a most gruesome death- my only request. Well, besides DO NOT KILL HARRY OR SEVERUS!

Just as an aside, how the heck do you pronounce Mecadia? I didn't even know that was a name, and I'm fairly acquainted with names.

P.S.: Loved the title (and it's repetitiveness). I thought it was pretty creative and humorous, not usually something you'd expect to be used as a title.
Dragonist chapter 28 . 11/12/2007
Oh, this story is so cute! And, where did you ever think up the name Cally for a cat? That is so cute!
Teleenflinx chapter 1 . 4/12/2006
I've always liked this! Good work!
Jimbocous chapter 56 . 4/4/2006
Spectacular
kathy chapter 55 . 3/29/2006
Terribly sorry I didn't review sooner. I was too busy reading each and every one of your stories. I was too captivated by your in-depth characterizations, your details and the characters' interactions to stop and write.

Only one other writer has every caused me to fal behind on school work to raptly follow the story. I look forward to your updates soon on "Walking a fine line".
Steph1215 chapter 1 . 10/3/2005
gssod
Jack Robinson chapter 20 . 5/28/2005
I am just really loving reading this story. I'm also surprised you don't have more reviews. It's fantastically written. Will certainly be reading more this evening! I'm quite a slow reader but I love it when a story lasts - looking forward to reading more the next evening! Can't wait to see how Harry will be in Severus's new quarters. Really like Horatio as well, excellent addition to the story. Could go on for a while but I'd better not! Thanks for writing. x
Jack Robinson chapter 18 . 5/28/2005
I'm really really enjoying this story, I love the style you've written it in, and it's full of such original ideas. The mixing up of times and minds is just amazing. I can't wait to read more. Thanks so much for writing.
Jenon chapter 38 . 4/22/2005
Cerise's argument about omission equalling a lie smacks of four-legs-and-a-tail-do-a-dog-make-therefore-a-cat-is-a-dog.
Twilight66 chapter 18 . 9/11/2004
This is a fun story. I can't wait to finish it! Really enjoyable so far!
OccasusVenustas chapter 56 . 6/21/2004
i tried to read this in one go but failed. i finished this morning and it was absolutely lovely! i'm gobsmacked that you dont have more reviewes..literally! i've read some truly abysmal stories on this site that have a disgusting amount of reviews but your story is so full of emotion not to mention you have a very eloquent writing style...i just shake my head that you are not more appreciated. hopefully people will recognise true talent when they see it. hope to read more from you soon!

Cheers Jetta
Jedi Buttercup chapter 49 . 5/6/2004
A matched set of nerves; how cute. The image of them dressed up, mm. Poppy and Albus, aw. The first half of the chapter was effervescent, like Dumbledore's champagne; wonderful mood-setting. Beautiful hand-fasting ceremony, too. I'd never have expected the nature of the cord, though it made perfect sense once you used it. This business with "The" Orrery at chapter's end is a bit mysterious, though. *clicking onward*
Jedi Buttercup chapter 48 . 5/6/2004
Interesting image - the infant basilisk, and what happened to Horatio. One wonders if it will make a reappearance later.

Interruptions galore, and all of them likely everyday things - just much more /irritating/ when working up to an important conversation. Heh. More fascinating details of wizarding culture cropped up with the bands, the handfasting details, etc. Actually looking to find the best planetary conjunction for an event - a logical outgrowth of having Divination classes, but one often ridiculed even in stories that pretend to take magic seriously.

Was the portrait bit new? Very interesting. Lovely present for Cerise, and catching her necking with Phineas - priceless. Mention of Dumbledore catching them doing more - even better! Also, I had to laugh at the mention of Mrs. Black; it would be interesting if she really did have a malfunctioning portrait, and wasn't just a witch-with-a-B who liked to lurk in just the one frame and scream at everyone. The musings on the nature of Severus' jealousy also slotted well into my "Hey, I wonder if that's part of JKR's backstory; if not, it should be!" mental map. By the time I read the books again, I'm going to have all this excess, "But he was *really* thinking this", or "You know that's because X happened", thoughts lurking in my brain!
Jedi Buttercup chapter 47 . 5/6/2004
"He did use everyday magic, didn't he?" - One of those things one seldom thinks about; What's Voldemort like, off screen? Made me smirk.

The mention of Lucius, and future need for Harry to access the library, felt different this time around, since I know you're making this into a series; now it seems anticipatory, a pointer toward the next story Before, it seemed like an anchoring mention that life will continue past the "end", not into a vague "happily ever after" but with daily trials and joys, as we've already seen.

The image of their magics mixing, and the resultant scars - well done. And I had to smile again at the understatement in "That was almost like getting the Dark Mark, only much less painful", given how intense "that" was. Yow. The wards, and Harry's scar's reaction - interesting. The mentions of Mecadia - touching. Such history to these characters! And now the "yes". Wonderful.
Jedi Buttercup chapter 46 . 5/6/2004
Oh, good grief: I was hysterical over the calamari scene. A good counterpoint to the weightiness of the following scene. This Dark Arts stuff is /serious/ in your story; the dangers of the books, and all the steps taken to thwart them, makes it seem much more /real/ - as most of your added wrinkles do.

Not "no", but "not yet" - clicking onward for the rest of the explanation ...