Reviews for Two Paths
Thorongirl chapter 17 . 10/23/2004
Hey, don't ever feel bad about ending a chapter with "Ranger Angst." I live for this stuff (looks around and notices other readers nodding their heads in agreement). I'll bet it's Legolas! (Jealous elf)! Okay, okay, just a little levity there. "Strider was struck with a sense of deja vu." Hm. Have to ponder that little clue a while. Excellent chapter. I keep thinking back to the letter and I know there is some clue I have missed. I also got thinking today about Glynn's obsessive handwashing a few chapters back. That kind of reminded me of Pontius Pilate's washing his hands of Jesus' blood - so the "detective" [believe me, I'd make a lousy detective but that doesn't keep me from trying!] part of me was wondering if there was any reference to that as a symbolism. I'm guessing that the letter revealed a lot about Strider's true identity and that someone has betrayed him. Glynn? Hence his emotional upheaval? It would make sense that he would feel torn emotionally if he betrayed his brethren after living a life that has been devoted to serving others. Yet there is that jealousy and feeling of frustration that he expressed a few chapters back. Hey, we've all felt that way at one time or another, thinking that we deserved something that someone else seems to have achieved without real effort. I know I'm rambling, but just trying to work this out in my own mind. I think if I re-read the whole story I might conceivably be able to figure this out, but I'm WAY too lazy for that so I will simply let you spoon feed me the solution. I've noticed that as the story has worn on your writing has matured and your language usage is increasingly more appropriate to the timeframe Middle Earth is supposed to take place in. For instance, earlier you had used the word "guy" as in "you guys" and there was another word that was a wee bit out of place. It might have been "okay" (I don't think it was, though) or "kid" - acceptable words but perhaps just a little "wrong" for Middle Earth. Anyway, as I said, as your story goes on I find fewer and fewer little glitches like that so that is quite commendable. I also enjoyed the sequence in this chapter wherein Strider is daydreaming about being with Arwen. It was reminiscent of the type of daydream that any person might have, thus, quite realistic. Also, thanks for the kind words in your review. I have decided to add this story to my C2 list, too because I think it's one of the best stories I've found. I try to be very careful as to what stories I will add to my list. I make sure I've read enough of a story to merit inclusion based on my own quirky personal standards. So for what it's worth, I'm adding your story. Now get back there and make my Ranger suffer a little bit more, er, that is, help him out. [Honestly, I'm a nice person...really...most of the time...occasionally...sometimes...allright, allright - hardly ever].
Poppa Jon chapter 17 . 10/23/2004
You just can't resist another crisis can you. So now Strider must learn that evil cannot be trusted and hostages are probably already dead or will be killed anyway. This will haunt him for some time, I suppose.
Silabrithil chapter 17 . 10/23/2004
wow - this is a very interesting bit.

just a few comments - you say that you're elvish grammar is bad... first work on your english grammar, it is lacking, and read the books.

I'm not trying to be negative, it is a good story, but I'm just pointing out that you seem to be going by movie verse or something like that.

Aragorn wasn't actually exiled, he just chose to stay secluded... he travelled to Rohan and Gondor many times etc etc...

Anyways, keep writing!
Poppa Jon chapter 16 . 10/11/2004
Venea, you are getting better at writing! Best couple of chapters yet! The story advances very nicely, don't worry about not having it exciting all the time, your readers will need to breathe once in a while. Waiting for the release of your first novel.
Thorongirl chapter 16 . 10/11/2004
I don't know if it's because I hadn't been reading the updates lately or not, but I almost feel as though I've missed something as far as your plot goes. I'm reading quite a few different stories right now and if I don't read the updates fairly soon, I kind of lose track of which plot goes to which story - does that make sense? Did I miss mention of the letter that Yestin refers to in the last chapter? And the subplot about Glynn - I'm afraid I'm a little confused as to all that's going on with him. Is he resentful of Strider or distressed because he almost died? You seemed to imply in chapter 15 that all of Glynn's romantic notions as to what being a Ranger involved were rather frustrated. That and his feeling that Strider is more than he appears to be seem to have thrown Glynn off-stride (no pun intended). All that being said I still like this story, but I think I may have to re-read it to get the sense of what's going on again. I'll keep checking back to see how your story is progressing. Now, go do your homework but don't forget to write.
grumpy chapter 16 . 10/11/2004
well this was not a good time for Gylnn to go walk-about. good thing that Tudor is gaining more trust in what he knows. Liked how he got better and better at it. looking forward to more.
lindahoyland chapter 16 . 10/10/2004
I loved this chapter,especially the way Yestin helps Tudor gain Aragorn,you convey his suffering well.
grumpy chapter 15 . 10/4/2004
glad that Aragorn has survived and is still breathing, but Glynn seems to be having some kind of mid life crisis. like it how Strider keeps saying he is fine, when he must look really bad. looking foward to more
lindahoyland chapter 15 . 10/3/2004
A unique story,I will look out for more
sielge chapter 15 . 10/3/2004
I liked this chapter! So Strider gets bettr, but his friend Glynn has problems.. Update soon!
grumpy chapter 14 . 9/26/2004
great chapter, but,please, no killing off the ranger, How is Aragorn suppose to become chieftain and later on king, if you go and kill the poor guy off.
sielge chapter 14 . 9/26/2004
Come on, I can't let ua like that! Strider can't die! Update soon!
Poppa Jon chapter 14 . 9/25/2004
My oh my, what would Aragorn say about you as one of 'Those Darn Fanfic Writers'? Very good chapter! See email.
Isadora2 chapter 14 . 9/25/2004
"Am I evil? Let me see, (flips through dictionary), yep there's my picture next to the word evil."

Dou you really need us to answer that? *g*

You will be the death of me, I swear. After your last evil cliffie I was eagerly awaiting your latest chapter... only to find you made things even worse than what they were.

*wacks author over the head*

"Bad author, bad, bad author!"

No, seriously, the suspense is really getting to me and I am still totally glued to your story. If I had a wish it would be for Elrond to somehow safe his son in this situation. I am still clinging to my tiny bit of hope to see that happen... *hint, hint*

I am so glad you enjoy college and hope that appart from taking your education further you will also meet new friends there. That is wild choice of subjects you took by the way, lol! Playwriting, German, swimming and calculus! ;)

Oh and BTW, in case I forgot to mention, I am in fact German, so if you want to practise your upcoming German lessons with me, be my guest! "Du bist herzlich eingeladen!" :)

Hugs and greetings from Germany or as we might say "Viele Grüße aus Deutschland"

Isadora
grumpy chapter 13 . 9/23/2004
Liked how memories of Arwin kept him awake. But jeeze he finally makes it to being a ranger and stops breathing. Hope that Glynn is a good healer!
107 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »