Reviews for The Phantom of the Institute
BlueRaven015 chapter 24 . 2/27/2014
Oh god that was just... Amazing. I've loved phantom of the opera for years and Romy was one of my first OTP's so when I found this I don't think I've ever been so happy. Loved it, loved it and loved it.
Itallia chapter 7 . 12/28/2007
I'm wondering if Mystique's in on this. She could be "Angel," but it seems highly unlikely if this is following Phantom canon where the Phantom is supposed to fall for Rouge in a way. It would be most odd. Of course, you could put a motherly twist on it, but it would still stick in my head as odd.

It couldn't be Magneto, could it? He does have protection against mind abilities with his helmet, and the way Creed seems to know him is reminiscent of canon. If he wasn't around recruiting people for his own dastardly deeds, then that would be sufficient reason for Xavior having gotten to Remy and Creed and John first. It explains how he can open the door for Rouge. It doesn't quite explain the way his voice reverberates seemingly from the room itself, but his voice does have that quality in canon. Perhaps it is a side effect of messing with the way the metal in the wall bounces sound around.

So yeah, I guess Magneto's my best guess right now. Which is kinda creepy, considering that without Project Rebirth, he's a really old man.
Itallia chapter 6 . 12/28/2007
Hm. I don't see how this could be the Angel we all know. He only has wings; no psychic blocks against the Professor. Unless...Xavior DOES know about him. But still, I think it's a bit unlikely. He'd have to throw his voice and such, and this lifestyle just doesn't suit him. He's more the take-an-active-role type, like he did in saving people in New York in canon.

Poor Scott. It's at least nice to see that the..."competition" between Creed and the Bobby/Kurt duo is somewhat friendly (if you wanna call it that).
Itallia chapter 5 . 12/28/2007
It's obviously a mutant, but a mutant powerful enough to escape Xavior's notice while residing in his own house? That's pretty darn powerful.
Itallia chapter 4 . 12/28/2007
Hahahaha! That last thing was so characteristic of John. Perfect.

So the main plot-line finally comes in strong.
Itallia chapter 3 . 12/28/2007
I wonder who the Phantom is and what he has against Jean.
Itallia chapter 2 . 12/28/2007
Haha, wait 'til Nightcrawler turns off his image inducer. Rogue's gonna freak I bet.

She seems a bit out of character, but then again, he past isn't quite as shady as in canon and she hasn't had to go through all the crap of having several personalities warring for attention in her head.
Itallia chapter 1 . 12/28/2007
This is an interesting take on the start of the story. I can already see several deviations from canon, but it sounds quite fun.
RedJewel2662 chapter 24 . 3/11/2007
Wow! Awesome story! you did an amazing job! I loved how you made the story your own, and didn't just copy word for word. That was great, I loved it! I think you did a great job picking the characters. The only thing that bugged me was magneto as the Phantom, even tho his character fit and it was a good job, it was hard for me too get the age difference out of my head. But it was great! Awesome job!
Nettlez chapter 10 . 6/5/2005
its really good and cool and all, im a little wierded out by the whole magneto being the phantom thing, i mean rogues supposed to be lyk what 17? 16? and magnetos lyk old, its kinda wierd. or is he supposed to be younger? well i like it anywayz, very interesting
Anna-x11 chapter 24 . 11/29/2004
AWSOME ENDING!
serindarkwolf19 chapter 24 . 11/23/2004
Hey, this is one of the best X-men Evo fan fictions I have ever read. You did a very good job on it.
ishandahalf chapter 24 . 11/19/2004
ahh, and this lovely yarn you have woven (or is it knitted? wouldn't that be more appropriate?) has come to an end. sad, but that's okay, cuz it was wonderfully wonderful while it lasted! um, not to say that it isn't still wonderful now that it's over, of course. cuz it is. yeah...

anyhoo! lovely, simply lovely. the dashing hero rushes in to rescue the damsel in distress, who ends up saving the day, gets together with her true love, and teaches the villain something about himself in the process. well, dandy! everyone's enlightened, and all is good. huzzah!

you know, this makes me want to see the ACTUAL play again. hmm, i don't know if it's still playing though... i'm not exactly the most up to date thespian or anything. maybe i'll shanghai my mom into taking me. that, or 'mama mia' - i just can't resist ABBA. those crazy swedes...

anyhoo, the point IS, great stuff. wonderful fic, you had me totally compelled and captivated throughout the entire thing. that's talent, really, since i could have easily refreshed my memory of the play by finding a synopsis on the net or something, but i just didn't feel the need to! so yay. gold stars for you on a fic well done, and i'll be looking forward to more!
Roguechere chapter 24 . 11/19/2004
Awesome. I really liked this story and I thought it was neat how you ended it in a similar way to the play. With the girl finding the mask.

Keep up the good work,

Roguechere
moezy-chan chapter 24 . 11/19/2004
I'm taking a shot in the dark, but this is probably the last chapter, isn't it? It was a wonderful story and I loved it from beginning to end! Keep up the good work!