Reviews for A Good Man
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 1/23/2005
Truly a beautiful story.
Nigihayami Haruko chapter 1 . 7/9/2004
Simply and utterly breath taking. You've awoken something in me that says 'this is it, this is it.' and I don't even know what that is. I wonder how some authors try to get there, and how some authors are already -there-, what is your secret? Because with this simple story, you've manage to encapsulate an essence of Kenshin and Kaoru's relationship that I've been spending chapters and chapters, scouring stories and even more stories trying to find. That little bit of the emotions that they possess, which makes them such a powerful and imagination-capturing couple. They share something which each one of us try to search for, try to write out, but we always seem to fall short. Yet you have succeeded where us authors have failed. You've managed to show, to allow us a glimpse into their world, their little secret of love. Wonderful job. Please, write again, it would be such a waste to see you stop here.
Caligo Origuu chapter 1 . 2/29/2004
Wow. Just... wow.
_' Having trouble finding words at the moment. 'Extremely well written' and 'touching' don't even come close. I luv it
ChiisaiKo chapter 1 . 2/24/2004
Oh my god, this story is so beautiful! I was browsing Haku Baikou's site and I came across this. I cannot believe that I haven't noticed that this was here before.
I love the pace of your narrative, you unravel and reveal your stroy slowly. Your language is also simple and concise, which accurately and perfectly show the complexity of their relationship-perhaps the contrast is key here? I'm not sure, but this is a truly top-notch story with a lovely texture (it's smooth and melodic in a way-like Kenshin). It's almost like you captured who Kenshin is with the narrative voice of this piece.
Truly good stuff. I especially liked the last sentence: "And he would spend the rest of his days, trying to be a good man"
It just summarizes the entire thought so well, and so simply too. great.
Veleda chapter 1 . 2/5/2004
Oh god, I'm not sure I can descibe this. It's absolutly beautiful. One of the things that amazes me most is how you capture Kaoru. You make her perfectly in character, yet manage to take her higher and farther than we ever see in the series. The characters shine. I love this.
Amyjenc1 chapter 1 . 1/2/2004
Oh Man...That...I am speechless...Wow...
Sofa-Chan
Fabulist chapter 1 . 9/3/2003
Wow, very well done. It was clean and powerful and the setting was thick and just sucked me in. Of course, being a K&K fan, I was just dying for him to kiss her. But I think you did well to not let that happen, somehow the kiss he wanted might have changed the whole point of comfort etc. I hope you write more, I'll be looking for your name!
Calger chapter 1 . 9/3/2003
This was simply a fantastic one-shot, really well-constructed, and you did such a wonderful job writing Kenshin's pain and thoughts. I *loved* the scene in the rain with Kaoru, so powerful, and I liked how you kept it a completely silent communication. No need for words between them, only gestures and emotion. Amazing! I loved your ending too, it rings very true for Kenshin's character. I'm looking forward to reading more from you!
blue-eyed-shuichi chapter 1 . 9/2/2003
A poignant and breathtaking insight into the psyche of Kenshin and the demons he still carries . Your writing is well done and a pleasure to read. Good job!
mvdiva chapter 1 . 9/2/2003
...I've read a lot of fanfiction in my time. Sometimes I come across a good story, but more often they are an average offering to a beloved universe.

This story takes the familiar pain of the tortured rurouni and weaves into it a tender love of the emotions and backgrounds of the two main characters. In all honesty, this is the best Rurouni Kenshin fic I've ever read. Others have come close, but you managed to capture the most basic elements that make Kenshin such a human character and turn a familiar idea into something brand new.

In short (or not), I absolutely loved this story. Definitely expect some more reviews in the future.
hakubaikou chapter 1 . 8/31/2003
Lovely! A pleasure to read. I agree with Conspirator in that your insights into Kenshin's character were wonderful. And I liked the way you kept Kenshin and Kaoru's actions relatively restrained. I liked the fact that they didn't kiss passionately or wax melodramatical. The story would have been ruined if they had. It was a great choice on your part to not do that, and I thank you for it. Nice job. And welcome to FFnet.
keegon chapter 1 . 8/31/2003
Beautiful.
LivEviL chapter 1 . 8/31/2003
this was really good!

the title was perfect and the idea was and EVERYTHING WAS GREAT!

Fantastic job!
RnDm-BandNerd chapter 1 . 8/31/2003
LOVE IT! -;;
mystifying-rain03 chapter 1 . 8/31/2003
O_O WOW! that was INTENSE! that was excellent! never stop writing!
47 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »