Reviews for Sidetracked
Harmonde chapter 4 . 10/28/2004
Finally, a fic that ISN'T about Domon/Rain! I have nothing against the couple, but I'm getting sick of reading almost nothing about Chibodee and the others. Thumbs up for keeping everyone in character. Favorite chapter so far is definitely Chapter 4-but I tend to be a little biased towards Chibodee. Looking forward to the next part!
NicotineDragon chapter 4 . 9/22/2004
This was an awesome story, you deserve a nice big slice of tiramisu for that! I find these to be accontable to what actually happened whilst Domon and Rain were worring about the Devil Gundam and such. I hope to see more from you in the future.
Akino Ame chapter 4 . 9/17/2004
That was utterly and completely incredible. But then again, I'm biased and completely in love with fighting chapters and whatnot. I can't give a huge TOD-sized review till I get the internet back on my computer, so I'll have to concentrate on just one aspect to keep myself from going overboard:

Nicolas was great. I've seen Kale, I've seen Rayth, I've seen Rommel, but I've never seen any antagonist *this* formidable. I loved how he broke Chibodee's body in about thirteen different pieces, yet still Chibodee got up. The fear and everything Nicolas had was great. I'd be pretty scared to if some guy who for all accounts should be dead just got up and kept fighting. And he walked out of this without getting beaten to a bloody pulp like his opponent while still managing to be a cool character because he helped build Chibodee's character.

And trash-talk is fun.

It took more than a year, but it was well worth it. Great job. Till the next!
KotoJuri chapter 2 . 2/21/2004
OH i loved the one about sai... i wish you had writen moor it was wonderful to me. i would just amagen it all. I hope you add more on to the story about sai *~ hehe.. well thats all i have to say.
P.S. I LOVE SAI AND HIEI
SaiSaiciAngel chapter 1 . 9/9/2003
I forget if I reviewed ch 2 or not. Anyways sai is 17 in the series and his father was Sai Lonbai

as for ch 3, the Versailles tragedy was ONE year before the gundam fight, raymond said so. PLUS I can't imagine George EVER acting like that even when he was drunk, it just seemed REALLY OOC
The Big Fisch chapter 2 . 9/8/2003
Always was curious as to why Sai Saichi never really acted much like his Shaolin guardians. Another part of your style that I like: linking characters together in ways that aren't normally considered (ie. Bit being Related to Leena through Van's sister), in this case Sai and Hans. I like the irony that you tied in there, with Sai not really being attracted to Cecil from just Hans' descriptions and a picture. Good chapter.

Rock on,

The Big Fisch
The Big Fisch chapter 1 . 9/8/2003
God almighty, sleep deprivation sucks balls. If yiou see a few spelling mistakes, please, ignore them. My vision is swimming right now, and I'm too god damned tired to go and fix them, yanno waht I'm saying?

Now, to get to the business at hand. I like your style of taking mostly ignored or slightly unimportant members of the cast and not only focusing on them, but going way in-depth and showing readers how they think, and what caused them to think that way. This story is no exception. As you did with Jamie in NA and ROC, you show a side of Argo that isn't really portrayed in the show.

Now, I'm off to review chapters 2 and 3

Rock on,

The Big Fisch
Akino Ame chapter 3 . 9/8/2003
OOh, an anti-fangirl cookie. This will make the perfect overdose with my bottle of anti-fangirl asprin and bottle of anti-fangirl vodka. Ahh...

For some reason, I couldn't get into this chapter as well as I could for the last two. I don't know, maybe it's because I find George to be incredibly pompous? I actually laughed when he had to cut his hair, though I had a hard time trying to picture it. I couldn't imagine actually being able to see his face past those bangs that could be used to kill someone.

Great job with Raymond. If anything, he's the only one in the whole of Neo France that I really like, probably because of his loyalty. I've got a soft spot for people like that. And before I forget, I liked that bit with George going all nuts and trying to kill Mirabeau. Really hints to what will happen during the far-too-long Guyana Highlands saga.

Well, I can't think of much more to say before either my computer shuts down unexpectedly or my mom calls me for dinner. Can't wait for Chibodee!
Aegis chapter 1 . 9/7/2003
There's really nothing else I can add to the reviews other than what has already been said. It is a pretty nice piece of writing having looked through the chapters thus far, and you defintely got the mechanics down pat.

Now, the one thing about fic writing that you should NOT do, above all else, is change the character simply because you see it fit (unless there is a good plot reason for it). This includes personna, and in this case, age, no matter how harmless it may look. That is basically the number one cardinal rule you do NOT break.

I take this aspect VERY seriously, since these personalities, quirks, and physical attributes are what define a character. Changing a canonical character because you would not trust official sites, books, subs, or dubs, is never a good excuse.

The only exception I make is if the official source is inconsistent with such information. To be honest, on occasion, I even don't mind a few breaks so long as the reason is good enough. Goodness, I've seen anime do it to their own characters, although majority of the time, it is for the worse.
SporkGoddess not logged in chapter 3 . 9/7/2003
You don't seem to believe me on these things, but Maria Louise's age is 14.
diamondgirl chapter 3 . 9/7/2003
WAYNE! Love the line about cheese-eating surrender monkeys, it brought on a XD the moment I read it.

Was the queen's death a detail you made up or did you pull it from one of the canons? (I never actually saw the entire series, and even then not enough times to remember most of the background stuff you've been incorporating. :P) The closest mental image I can get of short-haired George is Trowa with his hair dyed... O_o; I'd imagine Raymond would have to have a fairly significant role in George's prologue section, too, so it's good that you included him.

I would die laughing if there's someone out there someday with the last name Soza (or Sosa, that could do in a pinch) who names their kid Yamcha-Yammy Soza would be real! XD (Which reminds me, The Fly is actually in a phone book! XD)

Tink da'sall... *shrugs* Ahmout, gotta go back to studying now .
Akino Ame chapter 2 . 9/7/2003
You know, I'm really starting to hate this computer. Never lets me review. Okay, now that I've realized my review didn't go through, I'm going to try again.

First off, it's good to see *you* again after reading "Flowers" in the Zoids section. Great job on that, by the way. Second, I noticed the Sh*tty Pop Acts rant (don't you hate having to edit yourself for fear of being banned?) back when you mentioned how pop acts would copy the raps just to seem cool. I'll mention any other rants I find, like the cliche one in your author's note here. Heh, you taught an old cliche new tricks. I find I've been doing that myself lately.

Great job on this chapter. I loved it. And I liked that thing about Hans. Pretty good with irony there, aren't ya? And I have no complaints about your altering the ages. If anything, Domon seems to be the only one who looked his age of twenty-something.

Yes, Saichi was actually in the Chicoline temple for a while (coincidentally, I found out that there really *is* a Shaolin temple, at least according to every fictional martial artist). I liked your rendition of how he came to like it more and he wondered why he was trying to revive a temple that didn't seem to care for him as a person anyway.

Crap, if I keep this up, I'll end up being your fangirl. And I promised myself never to become a fangirl. Oh well, till next time!
SaiSaiciAngelNot logged in chapter 1 . 9/6/2003
Okay, I like this but I have ONE problem. The incident with Norma dying took place in FC 55. In FC 60 Argo was 26 therefore he would have been 21 in the story, not 31... Argo's a big boy for his age _. This is just my thought on Andrew- how did he get so big in 5 years! *starts singing the lumberjack song from monty python* keep up the good work
diamondgirl chapter 2 . 9/4/2003
Wayne will be Bob's GG-verse stand-in who's nowhere near qualified enough to say fun stuff like "me-damned" honestly. WAYNE! XD *concocts another batch of Macaroni and Cheese of DOOM! in case Wayne decides to appear out of nowhere and try anything suspicious like bring characters from other parts of the multiverse*

That's a lot of idea to get out of a single sentence, but then it just shows that your brain is properly functioning. Your thought processes make perfect sense to me (or at least mostly perfect sense-YOU're not the one I'm psychic friends with), although I don't think I was expecting you to make Sai Saichi quite so young. But now that I think about it, he does seem appearance-wise like he'd be fairly early in the whole puberty fiasco.

Dunno if it's one you'd looked at, but behindthename . com ( .o *is paranoid that ff.n might do something annoying like not show the address if the spaces weren't included*) isn't a steaming cow pie, at least.

Georges! I always feel his name should be spelled that way, ya know? Cuz he's a French guy with a French name, and the French end it with an S. And that's my three years of French kicking in again. Georges est la carotte du sable! XP XD
diamondgirl chapter 1 . 9/2/2003
I just can't help it, so please forgive me or ignore me in advance-Yo ho, yo ho! A pirate's life for me! *sticks replica of Captain Jack Sparrow's hat on Argo's head* XD Okay, I'm done with that.

Like this newest project of yours (well, newest to ff.n at least) so far. "Wayne" brought on a *thud* moment (it seems so very inconsistent in that way that tends to be done to humorous effect-like Bob! You do have such good ideas sometimes, especially for a guy. XD TTyl!