Reviews for The Games of the Gods, Book One: Setting the Board
qwerty chapter 11 . 5/13
My Glorfindel nickname is Glorfy.
Poor water-logged pincushion
That "Mary Sue" bullshit is getting annoying.
eastwood6510 chapter 14 . 1/15
Great chapter. It's a really interesting story so far, I can't wait to read what all
these 'mary-sue' factors are being caused by : )
SAVE BOROMIR!
"When is preciousssss coming?"
STAY, Smeagol! STAY!
Sorry, I found him in an orphange, and he's been acting crazy! But honestly, when is the Ring coming?
"PRECIOUSSSS!"
Guest chapter 80 . 12/30/2014
That was absolutely one of the best things I have ever read :D I loved it so much! And I loved the alternate ending XD
biddle29 chapter 64 . 12/28/2014
So he's actually dead then? :'(
Guest chapter 80 . 12/9/2014
I really liked this story... well the first half anyway. After I got to chapter 40 I found it had become long and tedious. Rachel while sometimes funny was annoyingly self centred and immature for someone who was hundreds of years old. what i did like was that it wasnt just the entire movie quoted word for word with an additional character or two added in.
NightsBlackRose13 chapter 80 . 10/23/2014
I promptly loved this story so much that I'm reading again right after finishing it! Which I have NEVER done! It is 4AM and I haven't been able to stop reading this fic since I started it! You are officially my favorite author! Though I am slightly surprised that there were no pedophile teasing jokes considering that when Kari married she was still probably under 50. (After he found out her true age of course)
I'm glad someone finally stole Gandalfs hat. I've been wanting to do that ever since I first saw it. I'm immensely glad to find someone who also hates how arwen was protrayed in the movies.
Thank you for finally writing a fic where when someone shows up in a different world (yes I have found some without Mary Sues, though rare) does not change everything/is freaked out by where they are/does not immediately blab everything (being from another universe)/or the fact that they are from another world never comes out.
Personally if I were in Rachel's position, when I woke up and discovered I had a different body and pointed ears, I would promptly run to my best friend and we would start panicing and asking half questions (did you?do you?are we? Is this? ect.) in a hysterical (panic hysterical) fashion and probably scream when I first discover it. And I don't scream, ever.
NightsBlackRose13 chapter 62 . 10/22/2014
Welp... That hurt more than expected
NightsBlackRose13 chapter 30 . 10/22/2014
Stop blowin holes in my ship!
KimiEvenStar chapter 80 . 10/6/2014
So I spent most of my night, my morning, and early evening reading this! I wanted to read it in one setting but at some points I had to sleep and eat haha. I'm such a nerd. Anyways, I can't believe it took me this many years to find this story :). Rachel and Kari had me cracking up, and my goodness *fans self* Glorfindel is a sexy elf lord. However I have such a soft spot for Haldir, and it amused me so when Rachel had started calling him 'Dad.' The romance wasn't rushed at all, and I always love that. Anyways I love this fic!
Cupcake155 chapter 51 . 10/4/2014
S'cool. My mom is a linguist so...
That disclaimer was hilarious though.
LotR chapter 30 . 7/24/2014